GDT - Ti-Cats @ Bombers. Week 1

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

U need 1/3 your roster with that age...so they don't collapse and wilt

A young and less experienced team after that Grant fumble and touchdown prob would have ended up losing that game

Our long in tooth 30 yr olds were all lights out and key reasons we won..and will continue to be

It’s a difficult balance to strike. But any way you cut it it is way better to be old and get younger mid season than vice versa. It’s hard to get veteran experienced winners that fit the locker room. You can always get more young talent. 
 We have a few good young guys sliding their way into the roster. And mid season I expect to see a couple more. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

It’s a difficult balance to strike. But any way you cut it it is way better to be old and get younger mid season than vice versa. It’s hard to get veteran experienced winners that fit the locker room. You can always get more young talent. 
 We have a few good young guys sliding their way into the roster. And mid season I expect to see a couple more. 

Last couple yrs we have made some transitions...people just havnt really looked at it

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Don’t forget… Lawler had one of the best OPIs ever in the 21 GC… loss of down on that one is a turn over, not 3 points… without that play, we might not have won

Not wrong about lawler. I hate the loop hole in that situation though. The penalty is worth nothing hence we declined it. But it was a pick all the way. I wish they would tweak opi in situations like that. 

I also wish any time a team took a misconduct penalty after the first that the team got a second penalty. One team shouldn’t rack up multiple misconducts with different guys with out punishment. The cats just got dirtier and dirtier. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Last couple yrs we have made some transitions...people just havnt really looked at it

Yeah. And I mean Bryant is our oldest guy and he looked like he was 25 last night. 

Some costly errors made this one closer than it should have been.....Blocked punt.....Zack fumble (that one was not all on him) and Grant coughing one up are rare for this club....We'll take care of that....all in all in it was quite entertaining.....I have to say this ....for all of the knocks on Holm, I thought he acquitted himself quite well....Brady O's game is rounding out very well....Pounds the rock up the gut like a little bull amnd is just going to get better....On the negative side and regarding the Cats ....that bozo on D who pulled off a WWE move on one of our players by flopping on him while he was on the turf should have been turfed...What a dirt shot....We have that goons no. and will remember that one next time we face them...Any way ..great start to the season....onward and upward

9 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Reading through this thread this morning I didn’t notice any talk about PiggyT’s inability to plunge the ball. He looked seriously bad on that series and then later in the game Dru Brown came in to do it. Might be a dynamic exciting QB but we need a short yardage guy that gets 1 or 2 every time.

Rookie problems. They can coach that up. Looked to me like he tried to pick a spot rather than just getting behind the big men up front and following them.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That objectionable conduct on Adeleke was weird - I’m not sure  I’ve ever seen that. 

At least that I remember.

I'm still trying to figure that one out.....could have been he said something that was picked up by the ref.....odd for sure

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Rookie problems. They can coach that up. Looked to me like he tried to pick a spot rather than just getting behind the big men up front and following them.

He has the speed......should have ran him around the end ....don't think you'll keep that guy out of the end zone when we're that deep very often

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Just to that sequence on the TSN replay and I think you are right. Couldn’t tell watching it live in the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I'm still trying to figure that one out.....could have been he said something that was picked up by the ref.....odd for sure

Was absolutely this, saw his mouth moving right as he walked by the ref and the flag came out. Will never know what he said but it had to be bad,  threatening injury or something. 

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Was that the one in the endzone where he faked giving himself up and then started running?

Yeah - AP said it was because he faked taking a knee. 

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That objectionable conduct on Adeleke was weird - I’m not sure  I’ve ever seen that. 

At least that I remember.

That was a horrible call. Adeleke didn't fake taking a knee. No reason to stop the clock and give us 10 yards. Likely the only reason we got 3 unearned points on the next drive.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

That was a horrible call. Adeleke didn't fake taking a knee. No reason to stop the clock and give us 10 yards. Likely the only reason we got 3 unearned points on the next drive.

I’d agree that he didn’t seeing the replay.

I can see why they may have thought that way in real time though. The snap looked low so it may have looked like he was going to kneel there.

Then he did a juke as he was backing up after letting the rushers get there- but I don’t think it was an intentional fake knee. 

We got a gift on that one. 

The Adeleke penalty, I was glad to see that get called. That's the Faj penalty after he was ******* around a couple years ago and they had to make the new rule. If Adeleke had just gone down and not screwed around, it woulda been fine. But he got what he deserved. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I think in real time it looks different than a slow-mo replay - I can see why they called it. 

Yeh it was marginal but just before he juked he kind of leaned down... I think he was intending to get low to change direction quickly but if you were assuming he was taking a knee the motion could be misinterpreted.   That motion after receiving a punt outside of the endzone would NOT be a penalty... I think the ref was expecting a knee, saw that movement and blew the whistle in anticipation and then called a penalty for faking.

On the punt safety the refs simply need to mark it down when Adeleke gives himself up before he takes off out wide again.  The flag was not needed.  But Adeleke did handle it stupidly.  The defenders are kind of damned if they do there because yeah the “punter” is live but if they level him when he’s kind of giving himself up they’ll get a UR call.  So I see where Proulx is coming from too.  The guy conceding the safety needs to play it straight up.

On Pigrome…dust off Streveler’s install…file away the McGuire/Prukop pages.