GDT - Ti-Cats @ Bombers. Week 1

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

That was a horrible call. Adeleke didn't fake taking a knee. No reason to stop the clock and give us 10 yards. Likely the only reason we got 3 unearned points on the next drive.

I agree with was a weird penalty… and I’d be willing to wager not a single person on this board knew it existed… however, the one thing I found telling was I looked down at the Hammy bench after that call thinking they’d be livid… neither Reinboldt nor Steinhauer were complaining and the bench was calm… which led me to believe they agreed it was a legitimate call 

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree with was a weird penalty… and I’d be willing to wager not a single person on this board knew it existed… however, the one thing I found telling was I looked down at the Hammy bench after that call thinking they’d be livid… neither Reinboldt nor Steinhauer were complaining and the bench was calm… which led me to believe they agreed it was a legitimate call 

I 100% knew it existed and remember how it started. It was Faj and his bullshit faking a slide and then keeping on running. I remember when they instituted it and, while I don't remember it being called yet, I love that they called it last night. Adeleke was absolutely ******* around and deserved it. Should have just gone down. 

Ticats had no business losing by even 11 points. One bounce out of Grant's arms, one bad hand off fumble, one blocked kick......Bo sucked and they won't win much if they have to hope for these 3 moments every game. Bombers were solid everywhere otherwise.

Edited by Nolby

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Older vet teams do great at the beginning of the season before their bodies get broken down. 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47qu37a9nll9vdjzpwh3

14 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Sometimes it is unbelievable to believe that Osh and Steinauer are such close friends and have similar philosophies 

Steinhauer at one time had a terrific reputation as a great young coach. That he'd be a multiple GC winner by now & keep Hamilton on top for years. Well, that ship sailed after the disastrous 2022 season. He's just another head coach who had plenty of promise. Now, he may still deliver but as time goes on, it appears less & less. 

Or put another way, Osh was the head coach who was supposed to fail & not Steinhauer. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Reading through this thread this morning I didn’t notice any talk about PiggyT’s inability to plunge the ball. He looked seriously bad on that series and then later in the game Dru Brown came in to do it. Might be a dynamic exciting QB but we need a short yardage guy that gets 1 or 2 every time.

Kola folded up like a cheap lawn furniture in a hurricane in front of him. He needs to get lower but the ol had no push and quick penetration. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Kola folded up like a cheap lawn furniture in a hurricane in front of him. He needs to get lower but the ol had no push and quick penetration. 

I don’t think it can all go on Kola and the O-Line. They are the same group that Prokup was successful behind much of last year.

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lemon will be signed by another team if we don't act on it. 

If we aren’t gonna use him as a dna then we don’t need him. And it doesn’t seem like we are gonna use the dna to exploit like most teams. 
 We need Thomas/Lawson and a new wil. They rotated walker at end too. 

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

I don’t think it can all go on Kola and the O-Line. They are the same group that Prokup was successful behind much of last year.

It’s execution. They didn’t execute. He isn’t gonna truck a dt and go in. No push no score. I’m sure they will get better. It doesn’t happen often but some times the dl just wins in short yardage. 

Jeffcoats last play was the Houston fumble recovery...nothing major happens..ran into and tripped over back of Biggie...but he got up to get into the play ..jogged off...didn't get treatment and looked fine when they went into the half ...so I assuming it was nothing serious that will keep him out

Haba got great reps in that game and got his wind...played basically 3 quarters...so I expect even more next game...stud in making

Let's hope this isn't a pattern now with JJ...and if it is Lemon or McAllister should be on speed dial

That being said...WJ looks like he on mission...he was the WJ we love...maybe this young buck has got his excitement reinvigorated..as he was a menace all night...same with Biggie and Darby..all 3 seem to have set the tone for 2023 and are sending the league a message...and to think..Lawson...Hansen...Wilson..Parker.. Rose are gonna be in the mix....and we still have what looks to.be a stud in C Thomas marinating on the PR

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If we aren’t gonna use him as a dna then we don’t need him. And it doesn’t seem like we are gonna use the dna to exploit like most teams. 

It’s execution. They didn’t execute. He isn’t gonna truck a dt and go in. No push no score. I’m sure they will get better. It doesn’t happen often but some times the dl just wins in short yardage. 

Actually Walker got good push off the edge...WJ played tackle and got a big knock down on one of those sets 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Jeffcoats last play was the Houston fumble recovery...nothing major happens..ran into and tripped over back of Biggie...but he got up to get into the play ..jogged off...didn't get treatment and looked fine when they went into the half ...so I assuming it was nothing serious that will keep him out

Haba got great reps in that game and got his wind...played basically 3 quarters...so I expect even more next game...stud in making

Let's hope this isn't a pattern now with JJ...and if it is Lemon or McAllister should be on speed dial

That being said...WJ looks like he on mission...he was the WJ we love...maybe this young buck has got his excitement reinvigorated..as he was a menace all night...same with Biggie and Darby..all 3 seem to have set the tone for 2023 and are sending the league a message...and to think..Lawson...Hansen...Wilson..Parker.. Rose are gonna be in the mix....and we still have what looks to.be a stud in C Thomas marinating on the PR

Willy is worth every penny, even if his sack numbers dropped off a little. He's either double teamed, sacking or blocking passes, dudes a force!

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You don't think we need Lemon or you don't think we need another DE? 

WJ didn't have the big stats last yr...but probably had more of an effect on games and caused a lot of issues for offences...and can't discount now how he has matured into a true leader and a.guy players wanna emulate..huge part of it

Just now, rebusrankin said:

You don't think we need Lemon or you don't think we need another DE? 

We could really use an utilize him if Osh got off his high horse and used the snot outta this new roster rule...we have guys on roster already where he could...and last night...we wasted a spot on That online guy who didn't even tie up his cleats...would have been perfect game to get Murphy some live playing time..

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t understand why they empty the backfield and have no jet motion or anything allowing the linebackers to fully commit to A and B.  There’s no extra yards for degree of difficulty.

Buck really needs to work on that short yardage package.  I don’t know why they are so committed to the wedge play right now.

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

This I don't understand. We need a DE. He'd be part of the rotation. I don't get how you tie that all in with the DNA designation. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Watching the PVR now.... Just saw that belly flop penalty at the end of the 1st half... What on earth is that guy thinking??? 

Yoshi did the same to the TiCat player previously- just not as flagrant, so it was an act of revenge. 

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This I don't understand. We need a DE. He'd be part of the rotation. I don't get how you tie that all in with the DNA designation. 

It’s the only way even medium term we’d fit him on the roster. But I mean if we were going to sign lemon it would’ve happened quickly. 

20 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don’t understand why they empty the backfield and have no jet motion or anything allowing the linebackers to fully commit to A and B.  There’s no extra yards for degree of difficulty.

Buck really needs to work on that short yardage package.  I don’t know why they are so committed to the wedge play right now.

yeah he could fake a toss then push. Jackson could smash along side him too. Buck has a love for random empty back sets though. 

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

A serviceable C, but I’m not anticipating as many short yardage issues once Tui Eli gets his feet under himself. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It’s the only way even medium term we’d fit him on the roster. But I mean if we were going to sign lemon it would’ve happened quickly. 

yeah he could fake a toss then push. Jackson could smash along side him too. Buck has a love for random empty back sets though. 

Anything in the backfield makes the defense have to respect it or risk getting burned.  Bailey or Demski running jet motion.  Pull back and hand to them once could be a big play if they are all in on the wedge.  Don’t even need a fake just another possibility.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

43 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Anyone that goes to practice would notice that have a multitude of goal line/ short yardage plays. 

It was game one and the Bombers haven't opened up all their playback yet. I'm not concerned.

20 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Anyone that goes to practice would notice that have a multitude of goal line/ short yardage plays. 

It was game one and the Bombers haven't opened up all their playback yet. I'm not concerned.

Yes everyone has a billion plays.  I’m talking about what he’s installing and putting on his play sheet.  For the backup QBs it was only wedge last night.  Then they went with the starters the rest of the game short yardage.