Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

9 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Hey @Booch care to comment?

lol....sure....even tho I dont put much weight into that PFF system....can't argue.

As for ELI he should have been starting once he was game ready, but he came into camp in best shape ever, and was fine in TC....Just a typical Osh reason he wasn't a starter...Dude was a top 3 centre in all of the NCAA and likely a 4-5th round pick.....surely has a lil more skill than an undersized guy who was out of football and nobody wanted for a few yrs, and only got the spot cause our regular center got hurt...but again...whatever.I like Osh as our coach, has a lot of good qualities but guess will have to stomach some of his butt awfull roster decisions/usage

Hate to bet a dead horse as well, but just what was seen with Fox.....which he did also in his other start should have been in all along for Jackson as well....but whatever, have to put up with Osh's lame reasoning, and it's not a talent or usefulness reason at that in some instances

Edited by Booch

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I hope we see Fox for Jackson on the playoff roster. All those fans touting Jackson as a big reason for BO's success are out to lunch.

What? I thought Jackson just picks him up under his arm and runs him to whatever yard line BO decides pre-play. That's why I love this forum, learning football.. lol.  But seriously wtf said that Jackson is a big reason for BO's success...dude isn't even on the field for 90% of his touches.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What? I thought Jackson just picks him up under his arm and runs him to whatever yard line BO decides pre-play. That's why I love this forum, learning football.. lol.  But seriously wtf said that Jackson is a big reason for BO's success...dude isn't even on the field for 90% of his touches.

23 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I hope we see Fox for Jackson on the playoff roster. All those fans touting Jackson as a big reason for BO's success are out to lunch.

100 percent out to lunch....literally anyone on our roster who has any physicality to them can do that role.....thats the frustrating part of it all....He offers us nothing compared to one of Fox..Haba...Garbutt, even a guy like Blackmon

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You read that on Facebook comments or what?

people here have said it....

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

who on here has seriously said anything about Jackson being responsible for any of Brady O's success??? 

I dont go back like some cherry picken peoples comments from weeks and months ago...but it was said and or alluded to that Jackson's blocking was a key factor...not verbatim like that...but said none the less

I don't believe anyone ever said that in seriousness. There is a lot of joking on here about Jackson being on the roster purely because of how animated the anti-Jackson sentiment became, but I don't believe there's a single poster who believes that Jackson being on the roster is a good thing. 

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't believe anyone ever said that in seriousness. There is a lot of joking on here about Jackson being on the roster purely because of how animated the anti-Jackson sentiment became, but I don't believe there's a single poster who believes that Jackson being on the roster is a good thing. 

But, there have been posters that have said that Jackson is on the roster because he can block and our run-game output is an example of his contribution. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

But, there have been posters that have said that Jackson is on the roster because he can block and our run-game output is an example of his contribution. 

this is fair, in a very general sense....

4 hours ago, blue85gold said:

The team just added him back to the PR after having previously released him. 

Like adding Ambles to the PR incase Bailey and Schoen can't go. He's a vet that has won cups. 

Yeah....forgot Blackmon was released ...I know he was looked upon as worthy when he was first brought in....We have a definite plan in some capacity with this guy and maybe going on into the future 

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There have been people who have pointed out specific plays where Jackson made a significant contribution... but I don't recall anyone saying he was significant to the overall run game

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I thought everyone was joking when they post about him on this site at least?    

Facebook I wouldn't really put much weight behind what anyone says on it.     The team site would be concerning since that should be a group of educated fans?

26 minutes ago, Stickem said:

....'clearly mirth of the highest order'............Seriously Pepper, where do you come up with this stuff  lol

At times, I find solace in channeling the essence of my seemingly futile arts degree in English literature. I'm certainly no William Shakespeare, just an ardent admirer of his older works 😉

Fact of the matter....it was a useless...pointless, and roster hindering decision all yr long and was basically a man luvin boner Osh had for a nice lil back story...plain and simple....anyone who thinks a Fox...a Haba...any DB we held, or a legit LB talent if we had kept one wouldnt have been a better use of a position..Let alone a DA spot aint watching

7 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Both those PR moves are depth just in case. I think Bailey who look liked he had hamstring issue might not be 100%. So bring some bodies in that can step into the lineup if needed. 

Ambles is probably this year's Norman Roosevelt, brought in to spend the rest of the season on the PR, then released. The Stamps picked him up in Aug. dressed him for 4 games and released him, after he went 15/23 for 193 yds.  So whatever ability they thought he had earlier in his career may no longer be relevant.

Edited by Fatty Liver