Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

To be fair to other clubs, fans in seats does not equal fans at the game. Winnipeg sold out against Edmonton, but there were lots of open seats in the upper decks. The concourses are packed, so lots of people attend but don’t sit. It is the same in Saskatchewan, where the open concourses and Pilsner Zone are full as well. 

My seats are in the upper deck and I'm barely ever there now, mixing it up on the concourse is the greatest. The widened concourse at either endzone (North side especially) is just a fun spot to watch the game. Close to washrooms, close to drinks and food, no stairs, quick exits, jumbotron (and cannon) right over your shoulder... perfect hearing is overrated anyways, and sitting is for the ride home!

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

To be fair to other clubs, fans in seats does not equal fans at the game. Winnipeg sold out against Edmonton, but there were lots of open seats in the upper decks. The concourses are packed, so lots of people attend but don’t sit. It is the same in Saskatchewan, where the open concourses and Pilsner Zone are full as well. 

Winnipeg is always like that..Pilsner zone tho are paid tickets to stand there...not a wandering around area like our concourse

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

From what I understand. Ssk doesn't have open concourses 

minimal peple are enjoying the game thre outside their actual seats....

On 2023-10-20 at 10:34 AM, Mike said:

Move the goalposts again lol you told me I couldn’t name one guy in ten years and I named eight in two seasons on two teams without even really thinking about it for more than five minutes and now you’re going to claim that’s the extent of the list so you can throw out some bullshit percentages? 

This is the stuff I’m talking about, you’re just so blind to the reality of the situation because you’re dead set on defending our team at all costs. 

Not even remotely what I said, you are putting words in my mouth. I said I couldn't name any, and then asked if you could.  That was a legit question not a dare, nor did I ever imply that you couldn't. That seems to be your MO lately tho, is to try and twist other people's words. This is the stuff I'm talking about....you are so dead set on bashing the team this year, that you are putting words in other people's mouths so that you can build a strawman argument that will favor your point of view. Somebody from the Bombers piss in your cornflakes this year or steal your woman at closing time? You wanna talk reality? Let's talk reality....5 straight West finals, 3 straight Grey Cups.....I don't NEED to defend anything...this team doesn't need someone defending them at all costs their win/loss record does that for them. I can't believe all year you've spent pissing and moaning about our club when you should be enjoying the ride while it lasts. Unfortunate you have become TB.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not even remotely what I said, you are putting words in my mouth. I said couldn't name any, and then asked if you could. This is the stuff I'm talking about....you are so dead set on bashing the team this year, that you are putting words in other people's mouths so that you can build a strawman argument that will favor your point of view. Somebody from the Bombers piss in your cornflakes this year or steal your woman at closing time?

pointing out flaws, areas of concern and issues that need to be addressed...before they realy become a huge issue isnt bashing a team....its constructive criticism as well (for management) in being pro-active to augment, and transition before it has to be a SASK type situation.....Just rolling along all happy ignoring issues because we had great success....in the past is a fools game...we havnt won anything yet...and we failed in 2022 as well...getting ahead of things before it's too late is how you get on top...and stay...resting on past success and being complacent....clinging to things a lil too long, or playing "the nice guy" gets you on the fast track to closer tothe bottom than top....History proves it...always....so why repeat history??

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

pointing out flaws, areas of concern and issues that need to be addressed...before they realy become a huge issue isnt bashing a team....its constructive criticism as well (for management) in being pro-active to augment, and transition before it has to be a SASK type situation.....Just rolling along all happy ignoring issues because we had great success....in the past is a fools game...we havnt won anything yet...and we failed in 2022 as well...getting ahead of things before it's too late is how you get on top...and stay...resting on past success and being complacent....clinging to things a lil too long, or playing "the nice guy" gets you on the fast track to closer tothe bottom than top....History proves it...always....so why repeat history??

I'm all for constructive criticism when it's not over the top. However, many of Mike's criticisms have included suggestions that MOS does nothing to prepare his guys on game day etc, and maybe his days as HC should be numbered. That's not constructive criticism that's just taking it too far. MOS is the best HC in this league. I doubt Mike would admit that. If he feels that way, I certainly haven't gotten that impression from any post this year. I will retract if so, but really my defence of MOS is because I believe Mike has lost sight of that. I am not blindly defending the team, it's coaching, or anything else...I am simply measuring their performance by wins and losses. I am fully aware of some of the deficiencies MOS has shown. The good is still outweighing the bad by a very significant margin and that shows in the win column. That's not blind faith...that's sports. 

I honestly don't believe the team deserves as many drive by's as they have been getting this year by some posters. Just my opinion and I will voice it.  I honestly don't feel that the Bombers deserved any criticism for the PR specifically on Schoen's injury. 

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I'm all for constructive criticism when it's not over the top. However, many of Mike's criticisms have included suggestions that MOS does nothing to prepare his guys on game day etc. That's not constructive criticism that's just taking it too far. MOS is the best HC in this league. I doubt Mike would admit that. If he feels that way, I certainly haven't gotten that impression from any post this year. I will retract if so, but really my defence of MOS is because I believe Mike has lost sight of that.

well based on some of our performances, and how we came out of the gate I agree.....He has also said he rarely enters the room and says much...Maybe he needs to....and from day one...until now he still makes a lot of bad/questionable in game decisions and roster moves....and in @Mike defense he has said he likes Osh as a coach...our coach and has never said he wants him gone....also has said there are things he needs to work on and I agree...100 percent...he is far from perfect, and having the roster we did from 2019 until now has helped him as a coach greatly....And thats more on Kyle and his team than anything...winning glosses over lots, yrs 1-3 many many many wanted him gone...and thought he was over his head...he hasnt changed hardly one iota from then until now...the biggest change that occured was quality of roster...he coaches the exact same way

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

well based on some of our performances, and how we came out of the gate I agree.....He has also said he rarely enters the room and says much...Maybe he needs to....and from day one...until now he still makes a lot of bad/questionable in game decisions and roster moves....and in @Mike defense he has said he likes Osh as a coach...our coach and has never said he wants him gone....also has said there are things he needs to work on and I agree...100 percent...he is far from perfect, and having the roster we did from 2019 until now has helped him as a coach greatly....And thats more on Kyle and his team than anything...winning glosses over lots, yrs 1-3 many many many wanted him gone...and thought he was over his head...he hasnt changed hardly one iota from then until now...the biggest change that occured was quality of roster...he coaches the exact same way

MOS is directly responsible for a lot of Kyle's work. Many players have outright said they either came here or remained here because MOS is the coach. Absolute nonsense to not give him any credit for our past few years success. I have zero issue with the results he gets, and yeah.....every coach has a better win/loss record as their team roster gets better. It would be very difficult to suggest that MOS has underachieved though, pretty damn good success rate and no...not all of that is on the roster. Culture, cohesion, getting the most out of his leadership group, building his room, discipline, work ethic....those are just some of the things MOS does for this team in an extremely good manner.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

MOS is directly responsible for a lot of Kyle's work. Many players have outright said they either came here or remained here because MOS is the coach. Absolute nonsense to not give him any credit for our past few years success. 

your opinion...and yeah guys have said that....but who got those guys here in the first place??...And MOS is not the sole architect of the culture here, and how players are treated and hence wanting to stay...Sya hi to Wde and Kyle again....MOS does deserve credit....nobody said otherwise....thats u assuming it and putting words in people mouths...but not all of it....and he's not perfect and could change some things to be even better.....whether you see it or not....I get it....You like him....so does everyone here....but you can also dislike some aspects too...it's ok...doesnt make u a hater...jeezus

and truth be told...if he had to step away from coaching for say some reason this yr...or last....you think we would have fell apart?...doubt it, 

Edited by Booch

your opinion...and yeah guys have said that....but who got those guys here in the first place??...And MOS is not the sole architect of the culture here, and how players are treated and hence wanting to stay...Sya hi to Wde and Kyle again....MOS does deserve credit....nobody said otherwise....thats u assuming it and putting words in people mouths...but not all of it....and he's not perfect and could change some things to be even better.....whether you see it or not....I get it....You like him....so does everyone here....but you can also dislike some aspects too...it's ok...doesnt make u a hater...jeezus

and truth be told...if he had to step away from coaching for say some reason this yr...or last....you think we would have fell apart?...doubt it, 

This is why it works because it is the same message being relayed from the top to the bottom of the organization.

I don't give two figs about MOS. I just respect his record of accomplishments over the past several seasons. He's not perfect, No one is but I doubt there is anyone else around that gets the results he does if he were to leave.  Not right away anyway. However, again...I will state my objection is solely over the fact that some suggestions were made that MOS is not a good coach and is winning due solely to his roster. I think that's nonsense.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

This is why it works because it is the same message being relayed from the top to the bottom of the organization.

exactly....nobody gives credit to Kyle and Wade for perhaps saying to Osh...this is what we want....do the things to make it happen and sustain it....if anyone seriously thinks that if Richie hall...Or Buck had to step in and take over that we would spiral into the depths of futility is sadly mistaken...Fact of the matter if both them were to bolt, and the rest stayed the same there is more a chance of the team spiraling a bit than if HC was to leave but everything else stayed the same

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

exactly....nobody gives credit to Kyle and Wade for perhaps saying to Osh...this is what we want....do the things to make it happen and sustain it....if anyone seriously thinks that if Richie hall...Or Buck had to step in and take over that we would spiral into the depths of futility is sadly mistaken...Fact of the matter if both them were to bolt, and the rest stayed the same there is more a chance of the team spiraling a bit than if HC was to leave but everything else stayed the same

If we lost all our coordinators in an offseason...yea...that would be problematic all right. Losing them AND losing MOS would not be a great scenario. Could Buck take over and do well? I hope so, he's had enough years under MOS to understand how to do it right. I haven't heard anyone suggest that our Bomber management team from the top down is anything but top notch? Kyle and Wade get plenty of praise for their work. Both men have openly admitted that MOS does a phenomenal job with the team culture and cultivating a winning room, I am sure MOS would give both men credit for the tools to make that happen. 

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Booch said:

and in @Mike defense he has said he likes Osh as a coach...our coach and has never said he wants him gone....

Once again, here are the actual receipts from Mike’s own keyboard. Not hearing any real advocating for keeping him around in this post

I hate to say it, because it seems like such a ridiculous idea and I know it’s never gonna happen anyways but … if O’Shea is going to just blatantly handcuff our roster with his stubbornness and overall mismanagement, are we going to let him just because he won two Grey Cups? Or is Miller actually going to step in and do something? At what point do you tell O’Shea get your **** together or thank you for your services but they are no longer needed?

That roster is literally a joke. And we’ve done it to ourselves.

53 minutes ago, Booch said:

....but you can also dislike some aspects too...it's ok...doesnt make u a hater...jeezus

A brief collection of your comments on O’Shea this season:

”Smugshea”

”stupid stupid STUPID”

”is a complete idiot”

“He’s a stubborn prick”

After Mike said the roster was ******* pathetic: “Right? It’s ******* a joke!”

“Just sad…..and an utter fail”

“If people can’t see that O’Shea is pretty useless…..blind, or just plain obtuse in building your best roster….”

”abomination”

Pretty strong language for “not a hater”

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Once again, here are the actual receipts from Mike’s own keyboard. Not hearing any real advocating for keeping him around in this post

I hate to say it, because it seems like such a ridiculous idea and I know it’s never gonna happen anyways but … if O’Shea is going to just blatantly handcuff our roster with his stubbornness and overall mismanagement, are we going to let him just because he won two Grey Cups? Or is Miller actually going to step in and do something? At what point do you tell O’Shea get your **** together or thank you for your services but they are no longer needed?

”Smugshea”

”stupid stupid STUPID”

”is a complete idiot”

“He’s a stubborn prick”

“If people can’t see that O’Shea is pretty useless…..blind, or just plain obtuse in building your best roster….”

”abomination”

I can dislike aspects.....and like others....he needs to address issues....man u must have some life...or lack of one to do all that rooting around old posts.....and yes....he has had utter failsin management  at times...is smug especially to press....and some moves have been stupid...stupid..STUPID....much like your blatant ignorance of the whole picture

Our PR and parts of our roster are a joke....and yes...he is stubborn in some aspects.....which are a detriment to the team...ie...non use of NationlizED American for one

It's entertaining tho that me and @Mikeand a few others live rent free in your narrow mind.....thanks for the free fun!!...love every non-informed retort...keep em coming lil fella

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

”Smugshea”

”stupid stupid STUPID”

”is a complete idiot”

“He’s a stubborn prick”

”abomination”

also....difference as well between an outspoken critic who isnt scared to bring up issues...and a lil boot licker lick yourself....just sayin....retort away like we all now u will...with your lck of football understanding....