Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

13 hours ago, Booch said:

He does more than yards tho...like others mentioned...also if u look at last yr..basically ignored for first 6 games...0 TDs..about 160 yards...yet he finished with 9 TDs and 779 yards...and many clutch grabs along way...and in the playoffs last 3 yrs...dude gets it done when targeted...I'd say he is in the 125...135k range

Actually not true. Targets in the first 6 games were 5.2 per game, last 12 games was 5.3. He just underperformed. In fact, take away one huge 4th quarter against BC, a good chunk of it in garbage time, where he got 11% of his season’s worth of catches and yards, and 22% of his TDs, and he averaged about 3 catches and 37 yards a game all season. He was pretty much a non-factor in this year’s playoffs (4 catches, 50 yards total). Hey, I like his intangibles like attitude and blocking, he’s a quality class A interview, and many are misled by the “Showtime Scheed” love, but at 125-135K he’d be overpriced by about 15-25K IMO. Money needs to be saved somewhere, and I’d rather extra dollars go to an interior d-lineman than a #4 receiver (placing him behind Schoen, Demski and a healthy Ellingson). 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Actually not true. Targets in the first 6 games were 5.2 per game, last 12 games was 5.3. He just underperformed. In fact, take away one huge 4th quarter against BC, a good chunk of it in garbage time, where he got 11% of his season’s worth of catches and yards, and 22% of his TDs, and he averaged about 3 catches and 37 yards a game all season. He was pretty much a non-factor in this year’s playoffs (4 catches, 50 yards total). Hey, I like his intangibles like attitude and blocking, he’s a quality class A interview, and many are misled by the “Showtime Scheed” love, but at 125-135K he’d be overpriced by about 15-25K IMO. Money needs to be saved somewhere, and I’d rather extra dollars go to an interior d-lineman than a #4 receiver (placing him behind Schoen, Demski and a healthy Ellingson). 

He also ran the ball quite a bit. Not sure on yards. But that was a big part of his play this year.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

He also ran the ball quite a bit. Not sure on yards. But that was a big part of his play this year.

Not really though. 8 rushes all year in 18 games, same as Grant who saw the field a lot less on offence, and less than half of what Demski did. And his production wasn’t great there either (yards gained were 0, 0, 3, 6, 9, 13, 15, and 19). Gadget play sweeps, which were rarely used with him and were unsuccessful as much as not.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Not really though. 8 rushes all year in 18 games, same as Grant who saw the field a lot less on offence, and less than half of what Demski did. And his production wasn’t great there either (yards gained were 0, 0, 3, 6, 7, 12, 13, and 19). Gadget play sweeps, which were rarely used with him and were unsuccessful as much as not). 

50% of his rushes were either 1st downs...or were first downs or 2nd and short...I'd say thats sucessful runs

Was just spitballin' numbers..as wasnt sure where he was....he didnt make list of top paid...so was under 130k last year as that was lowest that was published...so he may have been just at or around 100k...so a bump for him won't be that big....also he signed latish last yr as well...Feb 2nd...likely after he got what other teams considered on opn market in tampering window

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Sheed does everything asked of him. His stats aren't "relatively low" because he can't be a top tier receiver.... it's just that he's used differently. On another team, as the 1st or 2nd option, he'd likely have huge stats. So it's not that he isn't worth the money. The only way he leaves is if he feels like another team will give him a chance to be a star...

I like Bailey as much as the next Bomber fan, but I don't think he has the skillset to be a feature receiver.  I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

17 hours ago, Jesse said:

I think that’s what Bailey is looking for, tbh. I expect him to move on to a team who will feature him more.

He’s been a great teammate, but I think he’s looking for more than we can offer (in terms of targets, not dollars - though they tend to go up together).

I agree. Bailey's a team guy and will play to the whistle every down and not air his stuff out in the media but based on some visible frustration he showed last year. I think it is pretty apparent he wants to be featured more in an offence. I am not sure we can really provide him with that opportunity. 

On 2023-01-26 at 10:07 AM, Booch said:

but...but...but...

i doubt he is back...I think he was more a need with experience with Hansen out ans Jeffcoat basically battling and playing with injury all yr

that O-line and DB depth is impressive....

Also, we traded away a DE for Darby...Keion was an emergency type signing. Maybe if he comes in cheap enough or the Bombers scouting staff poops the bed on DE prospects, but otherwise I don't expect him back. 

Edited by GCn20

IF Bailey moves on our priority should shift to Lawler.....IF we can get Ellingson on the cheap , use the money in conjuction with Baileys salary to accomplish that....First things first ....get Demski on the dotted line and work from there....I'm sure we have already figured in Schoen and that looks like a pretty good receiving corps for 23'

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I hope Agudosi is in the plans for a starting position this year. I also hope that position does not include a lot of YAC expectations. I can't remember being so excited about a play for so long and really never seeing him play because of injuries.

when he did get that full game in...looked good...has all the metrics...and plays hard...also plays teams, so could be a valuable player...and like they say...you cant teach that size and he has good hands...even had that rep in NFL camps...You saw how lethal he can be in red zone production

41 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

63 catches for 729 yards and 9 TD that is really great production out of your #3/#4 receiver.

Absolutely. I don't think anyone would have an issue with us bringing back Sheed. However, I doubt Sheed is looking at #4 status receiver or the money that brings. That being said, I don't see a lot of teams where he is a top 2 guy either.

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Absolutely. I don't think anyone would have an issue with us bringing back Sheed. However, I doubt Sheed is looking at #4 status receiver or the money that brings. That being said, I don't see a lot of teams where he is a top 2 guy either.

He could absolutely be at least the 2nd option on virtually any team in the league. He's an American version of Demski, in a lot of ways. Does so many good things and if he was given more targets, I have no doubt he'd light it up. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

when he did get that full game in...looked good...has all the metrics...and plays hard...also plays teams, so could be a valuable player...and like they say...you cant teach that size and he has good hands...even had that rep in NFL camps...You saw how lethal he can be in red zone production

I totally agree. Just wish he could stay healthy.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Is Agudosi brittle?