Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is Agudosi brittle? 

Well based on how his foot and lower leg got rolled up over...I'd say no...as that would have took down anyone...and I was surprised he wasn't hurt worse...and the shoulder was hurt laying out for a crazy catch...much like how Lawler was hurt this yr...so I'd say no and more just bad luck

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm sure Harris has been in his ear about it.

Harris who might be retiring?  I don't think that's a thing (Harris woo-ing Demski to TO)...... but it's absolutely possible Demski will chase the largest payday, wherever that might be...

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Harris who might be retiring?  I don't think that's a thing (Harris woo-ing Demski to TO)...... but it's absolutely possible Demski will chase the largest payday, wherever that might be...

I think that chance is small.  Demski is likely wants to look at the numbers and then circle back to the Bombers with his perceived worth and will likely take less to come back as long as it is close.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think that chance is small.  Demski is likely wants to look at the numbers and then circle back to the Bombers with his perceived worth and will likely take less to come back as long as it is close.

this likely totally the reason....prob knows already, but wants to make it seem like he found out in the "tampering" window....and likely there already is a Bomber offer he happy with....but will just wait that 2 weeks out

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

this likely totally the reason....prob knows already, but wants to make it seem like he found out in the "tampering" window....and likely there already is a Bomber offer he happy with....but will just wait that 2 weeks out

He knows the number that other teams are willing to offer, just needs them to file it with the league so that he has the leverage.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

"Might be" is the key phrase. He might be, or he might not be. If he's not...why wouldn't he try to bring him over? Take another run at the cup. 

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

"Might be" is the key phrase. He might be, or he might not be. If he's not...why wouldn't he try to bring him over? Take another run at the cup. 

but really tho...why would Demski want to play in that market...basically anonymously....cause Andrew is there..as opposed to being the toast of his town....highly recognized and in a first rate stadium..organization and atmosphere....and only way I see that happening is if T.O offers stupid money  and then they have to cut ways with other important pieces...Gittens is gonna wanna get paid too

I hear a lot of people talking about the O Line and omitting Kolankowski....This guy hasn't reached his full potential yet as far as I'm concerned...He was hurt last year but has recovered nicely....As well I'm pretty sure Walters has another O Line guy in the hopper that he's high on....should be a good prospect in the draft

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I hear a lot of people talking about the O Line and omitting Kolankowski....This guy hasn't reached his full potential yet as far as I'm concerned...He was hurt last year but has recovered nicely....As well I'm pretty sure Walters has another O Line guy in the hopper that he's high on....should be a good prospect in the draft

This. Absolutely agree that Kola is underrated around here. I'm not concerned about our OL yet. SB66 will likely start showing his age soon, but aside from that, our OL is really good for awhile yet. 

He'll be 31 next week, so what he brings to be table is fully realized, IMO. He proved last season to be an important piece of the O-line and settled in quite nicely as the season progressed. That's impressive when you consider he sat out the 2019 season, there was no 2020 season, and spent the majority of the 2021 season on the PR.

Walters did his homework on Kolankowski and it's worked out very well.

46 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He'll be 31 next week, so what he brings to be table is fully realized, IMO. He proved last season to be an important piece of the O-line and settled in quite nicely as the season progressed. That's impressive when you consider he sat out the 2019 season, there was no 2020 season, and spent the majority of the 2021 season on the PR.

Walters did his homework on Kolankowski and it's worked out very well.

was just gonna say and alluded to that in a different thread...he's not an up young up and comer...has reached his peak...which is a career back-up depth guy, and I think was even out of football for a yr or 2...good depth role guy and landed in a good situation here, and yes played well....i would say adequately....he will be the 7th guy here and on the PR  or the scratch....i'd be shocked beyond belief if he ends up ahead of Eli and Dobson when dust of TC settles....so we have him as nice depth now and know if injuries occur he can step in and not hamper us

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Officially 1% nervous about Demski. I have a weird irrational feeling that TO will make a hard push. 

Honestly losing Demski would suck... but we wouldn't exactly be hurting for Canadian receivers with wolitarsky and what O'Leary Orange showed last year. Yes it would be a change in how the offense would work but so what? We have players and coaches that can adapt. 

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

was just gonna say and alluded to that in a different thread...he's not an up young up and comer...has reached his peak...which is a career back-up depth guy, and I think was even out of football for a yr or 2...good depth role guy and landed in a good situation here, and yes played well....i would say adequately....he will be the 7th guy here and on the PR  or the scratch....i'd be shocked beyond belief if he ends up ahead of Eli and Dobson when dust of TC settles....so we have him as nice depth now and know if injuries occur he can step in and not hamper us

He (Kolankowski) will start with the #1's. I think that's a given in a MOS coached team.

It just depends on how quickly Eli can acclimatize. I'm sure he was signed to be the heir-apparent. Is he ready now? Will he need a few weeks to overtake the position? A season? Impossible to say right now.

Edited by Jesse
verifying

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He will start with the #1's. I think that's a given in a MOS coached team.

It just depends on how quickly Eli can acclimatize. I'm sure he was signed to be the heir-apparent. Is he ready now? Will he need a few weeks to overtake the position? A season? Impossible to say right now.

wont take much to aclimize...has 2 yrs already in system...and is a natural center...and ran reps there both his yrs here in practice...e will need to acclimize no more than any other player in first weeks of camp, and I am sure he is coming into camp in shape....has 7 months to do so

4 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

thanks, yep saw the "The" after I submitted it... any way, just been a little slow around here, but I know there's a good solid 2 plus weeks left, until the real fun starts.... 

I'm still trying to figure out what Darren Cameron has to do with it being slow...?? He's the communications guy, not the GM...