Grey Cup 2022 GDT

K-Shack

Kicking game needs to be priority next year both ways.  In general Liegghio had a good punting year, even all-star level.  But I don't think you want to be -15 on kickoffs and -10 every punt exchange in the biggest games of the year.  That's basically why we lost.  QB play was awful both ways.

We also needed Oliviera to handle the ball 8-10 more times.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Well...this team will be back again...time to start a new streak...

One thing we can agree on.

Regardless it doesn't matter if it's legs or not. We've seen enough of him. Call me impatient for not wanting to spend more time developing him

But I'm over the experiment 

Edited by CodyT

The downfall was that Prukop trick play...   Brady ran for 11 yards time was grinding down with us having momentum.   Why not do another run to Brady or maybe even get Demski involved on a sweep.   Where was the short passes to Bailey?    That one bomb gave Argos the momentum and the win.   The Blue got cocky and it cost them the game.  

Also nobody on D made a big play when it was needed.  Kelly running for 20 on 2nd and 15 should not have happened. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well...this team will be back again...time to start a new streak...

Agreed. It was before my time, but when the Bombers won the cup 4/5 years in the late 50s to early 60s, they won two, lost one, then won two again. And if my memory is correct the year they lost they had the best record of that streak.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

The downfall was that Prukop trick play...   Brady ran for 11 yards time was grinding down with us having momentum.   Why not do another run to Brady or maybe even get Demski involved on a sweep.   Where was the short passes to Bailey?    That one bomb gave Argos the momentum and the win.   The Blue got cocky and it cost them the game.  

Also nobody on D made a big play when it was needed.  Kelly running for 20 on 2nd and 15 should not have happened. 

Sigh. Yep. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I'd say Collaros throwing an interception with 3 minutes left didn't help 

Just now, Brandon said:

I mean time isn't a factor there to me.  There's what, 9-10 minutes left at that point?  So like 3-4 possessions each.  If they did that in the first Q it's still stupid.

Run Prukop on some zone read or option looks sure, but we're not going to put anything on his arm.

We get a FG there and the game is like 95% a Bomber win.  We get a touchdown it's 99%.

Just can't waste possessions like that.

We gave up 10 points in the 4th. 

Whole team kinda imploded there a bit. 

To put this on one guy or one play is stupid. 

Argos were better overall. MBT was better than Collaros 

Legs was actually better than bede 

But overall the Argos were better and deserved the win. I don't feel that awful right now cuz today, we weren't the better team 

Edited by Goalie

Okay Leggs had a tough night yes he missed an extra point but he punting was poor and kick offs way short putting the Bombers D up against all night. But really Collaros stuck up the joint tonight and it's okay to say that. Frankly the O line kinda looked lost tonight to Brady O tried his best. D played well but they started to sag at the worst time. A loss is a team effort and there is plenty of blame to go around even for the coaches