Whatever week this is - Non B2B Champs games

Geebrr

Just now, Noeller said:

I have a lot of concerns about how much longer Bighill will be around..... he's such a key guy in the room, I'd really hate to lose him, but father time catches us all. 

He’s just fine I think. With how beat up our secondary was earlier in the year I noticed he was a little deeper then usual, so it messed with his angles to an extent but once Alexander came back he’s been as excellent as ever. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I have a lot of concerns about how much longer Bighill will be around..... he's such a key guy in the room, I'd really hate to lose him, but father time catches us all. 

Indeed. By his standards he's had a very down year. His missed tackles have really been a glaring issue. Going on 35 next season, the end is near. I would love to grab Sankey as his eventual replacement.

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He’s just fine I think. With how beat up our secondary was earlier in the year I noticed he was a little deeper then usual, so it messed with his angles to an extent but once Alexander came back he’s been as excellent as ever. 

was just gonna say...he was dropping back a ton and was pulled away from the main fracass...I know for a fact he was pretty dinged in middle...to middle third of the season but soldiered on and thru it as we were right depleted...he's been just fine since BA got his feet under him, and Parker has evolved...I understand Houston was in gear the other day as well...but watching and not participating...now if he back for playoffs on the corner, and we have both Parker and Lawrence rostered...Jeffcoat back..Adams fully immersed in our system...I be feeling pretty good about things....along with our season opening starting oline back...and in beast mode last 4..5 weeks, and all our receiver's as well...now only if Wilson was to appear......

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That is a question for sure. Would like to see us recruit strongly at MLB next year and maybe platoon him a bit.

yeah I think he has 1 good solid season in him yet, but best we start the passing of the torch process next yr....have a guy we groom...or target a free agent...I could see Biggie after next yr signing a deal as an augment to the defense and a ST guy in is golden yrs....for a nice team friendly price....

30 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Indeed. By his standards he's had a very down year. His missed tackles have really been a glaring issue. Going on 35 next season, the end is near. I would love to grab Sankey as his eventual replacement.

Sankey is a one trick pony. I would rather have a MLBer that can play sideline to sideline. All Sankey is good for is sitting in the middle and tackling running backs after they gained 5 yards. Everyone raves about Sankey, and I don't get it. Calgary let him walk for a reason. He is one dimensional and all the raves are just the media fawning over stats taken out of context. I would rather sign Sankey as an undersized DE than a MLB.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Bighill and Dean are both 34, they're within a year or two of calling it quits, Sankey at 28 is still in his prime.

Problem is that Sankey presents limitations to our defence. There is a reason that the Sask secondary got torched over the middle this year and how teams were able to just run away from their DL most of the season by rolling out against a slow MLB that couldn't contain.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

Sankey is a one trick pony. I would rather have a MLBer that can play sideline to sideline. All Sankey is good for is sitting in the middle and tackling running backs after they gained 5 yards. Everyone raves about Sankey, and I don't get it. Calgary let him walk for a reason.

yeah I would pass on him as well...If we were to chase someone I would target Avery Williams in Ottawa...great player on a piss poor team...time for a change of scenery for him to flourish elsewhere

What I wonder about Bighill is if he's the kind of guy who will know when it's time to hang 'em up, or if he's gonna need to be dragged off the field kicking and screaming, kinda like Harris. Even Osh, himself, never retired....just outright refused. He just played until no team would let him anymore. The worst case scenario is a situation like Harris where there's animosity after so many good years together. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

What I wonder about Bighill is if he's the kind of guy who will know when it's time to hang 'em up, or if he's gonna need to be dragged off the field kicking and screaming, kinda like Harris. Even Osh, himself, never retired....just outright refused. He just played until no team would let him anymore. The worst case scenario is a situation like Harris where there's animosity after so many good years together. 

I think that Bighill will transition to coaching with the Bombers and continue his other career in WInnipeg. I think he has an exit strategy all worked out when it's time. Biggie doesn't seem like the type of guy who will stick around past his prime. He has too many other options.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I would pass on him as well...If we were to chase someone I would target Avery Williams in Ottawa...great player on a piss poor team...time for a change of scenery for him to flourish elsewhere

Yea. I just have strong opinions on Sankey because I went back and watched some of his games and the guy literally never leaves the tackle box.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think that Bighill will transition to coaching with the Bombers and continue his other career in WInnipeg. I think he has an exit strategy all worked out when it's time. Biggie doesn't seem like the type of guy who will stick around past his prime. He has too many other options.

Yea. I just have strong opinions on Sankey because I went back and watched some of his games and the guy literally never leaves the tackle box.

I highly doubt that... he already has a lucrative career in the financial sector, in Winnipeg... that's where I imagine his future is after football... maybe a guest coach during camp but I doubt full time.

27 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Sankey and Moncrief are two of the players Sask. should not let slip away. I suspect before Walters drastically re-negotiated Bighill's contract going into 2020 in which he was scheduled to be the highest paid defensive player in the CFL, he was probably planning to cut him lose after a down 2019 and go with Wilson at MLB to alter his cap space.  Biggie has certainly redeemed himself since that pay cut but he is probably close to the end of the line.  If this season concludes as it should, he'll have 3 G.C. rings for his trophy case and may turn his full attention to the pursuit of money, which he will no doubt be very good at.

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I highly doubt that... he already has a lucrative career in the financial sector, in Winnipeg... that's where I imagine his future is after football... maybe a guest coach during camp but I doubt full time.

Could be that he leaves football completely behind, just have a hunch its in his blood.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Sankey and Moncrief are two of the players Sask. should not let slip away. I suspect before Walters drastically re-negotiated Bighill's contract going into 2020 in which he was scheduled to be the highest paid defensive player in the CFL, he was probably planning to cut him lose after a down 2019 and go with Wilson at MLB to alter his cap space.  Biggie has certainly redeemed himself since that pay cut but he is probably close to the end of the line.  If this season concludes as it should, he'll have 3 G.C. rings for his trophy case and may turn his full attention to the pursuit of money, which he will no doubt be very good at.

I would rather move Wilson to MLB than to have Sankey. He limits what his defences can do. Moncrief, imo, had a disastrous year. Just awful. 

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Could be that he leaves football completely behind, just have a hunch its in his blood.

I would rather move Wilson to MLB than to have Sankey. He limits what his defences can do. Moncrief, imo, had a disastrous year. Just awful.

yup...I would lean this way, and yeah Moncreif I think checked out mid season...he wont be back unless they signed him multi yr...did they?....he prob asks for his release to pursue NFL dreams and ends up elsewere...likely with Jones cause he will over pay

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I think he has 1 good solid season in him yet, but best we start the passing of the torch process next yr....have a guy we groom...or target a free agent...I could see Biggie after next yr signing a deal as an augment to the defense and a ST guy in is golden yrs....for a nice team friendly price....

I can't see Biggie hanging around to play ST and take another pay cut, he's got better options.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yup...I would lean this way, and yeah Moncreif I think checked out mid season...he wont be back unless they signed him multi yr...did they?....he prob asks for his release to pursue NFL dreams and ends up elsewere...likely with Jones cause he will over pay

Moncrief got torched regularly by OCs around the league in coverage. Demski lit him up for like 5 TDs just by himself.

Edited by GCn20

16 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

LMFAO

Dave Dickenson on whether he checks Twitter for updates on Nathan Rourke “If he plays, he plays. Farhan pretty much tweets out whether he uses the bathroom.”

I love that it's a running joke around the league.....

I don't ever wanna wish a serious, debilitating injury upon anyone, but I'd just LOVE to see 2Jeff2Furious Texas Two Step Rourke right back onto the sideline for a long while and re-think their playoff situation.......

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

He's doing well as a financial advisor so I don't think he'll get into coaching. Maybe when his son plays.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I don't ever wanna wish a serious, debilitating injury upon anyone, but I'd just LOVE to see 2Jeff2Furious Texas Two Step Rourke right back onto the sideline for a long while and re-think their playoff situation.......

I wish nothing but the best for Rourke - he will hopefully be the face of the league for the next 15 years.

That said - it’s not his time yet.