2001 Bombers vs 2022 Bombers

Nolby

I have been thinking about this all year. So many similarities between the 2 teams. Many games in 2001 were close wins as they are this year. I do think our D is better than 2001 and our O arguably is slightly worse at this point. We had with 509 points on O and gave up 383 on D back in 01.   As long as we don’t play an 8-10 team in the GC we will be fine 😉

3 hours ago, O2L said:

Didn’t khari and milt just have absolutely ludicrous stats in ‘01?

I think you are thinking of 2002:

Stegall's stats: 106 catches for 1,896 yards. 10 games of over 100 yards, 23 receiving touchdowns. He set the league record for most touchdowns in a single season,  and most receiving touchdowns in a single season.

That same year Jones threw 5,354 yards and 46 touchdown passes.

21 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I’m sure the boys aren’t even thinking about that. One game at a time. Right now their job is to prepare to take care of business against Edmonton. 

Sure. Not my job though.

My job is to ***** and moan why I can't buy tickets for the West Final yet.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think you are thinking of 2002:

Stegall's stats: 106 catches for 1,896 yards. 10 games of over 100 yards, 23 receiving touchdowns. He set the league record for most touchdowns in a single season,  and most receiving touchdowns in a single season.

That same year Jones threw 5,354 yards and 46 touchdown passes.

The 2001 stats are actually really comparable:

https://www.statscrew.com/football/stats/t-CFLWPG/y-2001

https://www.bluebombers.com/team-stats/

44 minutes ago, O2L said:

23 receiving TDs, my god. And I remember back then 5k passing yards didn’t guarantee you would be league leader. It was a different time. 

Yeah, that was some good ball back then, more downfield passing. Today there's hardly any that's effective, unless you've got Collaros or Rourke at QB.

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am not sure they were less than the sum of their pieces... they were just a really shallow team that relied on the stars being stars. 

I think the depth was still pretty good but they performed like mercenaries. Not like a team. I mean you have soo many guys on that team that are all time bests at their position for the team. Best of their position that team vs this team would be mostly 01 guys.