3 stars plus hh Hamilton stinker

wbbfan

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's the least amount of protection I've ever seen for Collaros in his time here, but Dave's right in that it was more about Hams blitzes being reqlly effective. They schemed well in their bye week. Even the offensive turnovers were more about being rushed. The loss was on the D for sure. Couldn't get a stop when they needed it. 

Hammy has a good front. They were good in the Grey Cup too. They cannot be taken lightly 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nah the problems were mostly Hamilton blitzes being effective. Offense wasn't bad truthfully. Couple turnovers aside. This one is all on the defence.

Agreed, we still hung +30 points on them. You take away the 14 off of turnovers and we still come away with a loss. 

Ticats going +45 points and pretty much scoring at will. 

That game is 100% on the Defense. 

22 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nah the problems were mostly Hamilton blitzes being effective. Offense wasn't bad truthfully. Couple turnovers aside. This one is all on the defence.

The TD fumble blitz happened later in the game as well and was equally effective - Both times they sent an extra guy on Bryant's side that Oliviera took away, Hardrick gets pulled to the left because their entire DL pushed to the right and a delayed blitz by the LB on the right side comes free at Collaros.

They ran the exact same blitz at least twice - the first time was the fumble TD and the second was basically equally effective in blowing Collaros up.

It didn't look like a mistake from anyone on the OL or from Oliviera... more like a mistake by whomever was supposed to set up the protection/play.

HH - BOLO I thought played really well - didn't look out of place at all.

Edited by BomberfanMKS

2 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

didn't look like a mistake from anyone on the OL or from Oliviera... more like a mistake by whomever was supposed to set up the protection/play

Yeah when they send more guys than you can block,  in those situations you need to have an option for the qb to throw to quick.  So it's either collaros didn't read the D properly or they didn’t have an option for him to go to.

Hamilton out schemed us 100% and thats why they won...we made a nice comeback, but by then the defense was gassed due to poor roster management and we fell short....plain and simple...and nothing to freak about...the next couple byes, and being mainly at home will also help the nagging injury guys...as there are several on defense...and it's affecting thingsit's not that certain guys have lost it and are quickly regressing...it's injuries....huge player turn over and playing 3 raw rookies right now, and a Wil linebacker position that is weak and hurting us in the overall scheme

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly the offense and special teams were good enough, the only issue was the defense. I believe that's an easier fix than if the offense was struggling. 

yup....and when u look at it...our dlineman basically played the whole second half....nobody to rotate in really....just 1 extra guy, and we had to play Sayles out of position....compound that and 2 rookies in secondary, and basically just a place filler at WIL...and not a difference maker...well thats what you get...if anything we won't get caught outmanned on dline again going forward...or by next game they will be comfortable rotating in the 2 new guys they brought on 2 weeks ago...those di's cant be soley teamers, or thats utter waste of roster management and just plain piss poor roster management in general

Tait raised a point in his "Upon Further Review..." piece that one could perceive this loss as concerning, if Hamilton has now created a template for other teams to follow. I don't know if that's true, if we choose to believe the loss is as simple as "We played like ****. If we play well, nobody can beat us".....

well....on the flip a smart coaching staff here will have seen the weakness....and will address it, so if next game a team tries the same scheme, and we switched ours to counter it...well then it becomes a positive for us....pretty sure we have that smart, and adaptive staff...we won't be caught off-guard again

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Tait raised a point in his "Upon Further Review..." piece that one could perceive this loss as concerning, if Hamilton has now created a template for other teams to follow. I don't know if that's true, if we choose to believe the loss is as simple as "We played like ****. If we play well, nobody can beat us".....

I don't know about that. It's not like Hamilton did anything different. Got the ball out quickly to their play makers to take the Dline out of the game. Our secondary just couldn't keep up. O had a bad day in term of turn overs. Take away a PIC and Collaros fumble and the game is different.

Speaking of that. Collaros HAS to start protecting the ball better when under pressure. It's been an issue all year.

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't know about that. It's not like Hamilton did anything different. Got the ball out quickly to their play makers to take the Dline out of the game. Our secondary just couldn't keep up. O had a bad day in term of turn overs. Take away a PIC and Collaros fumble and the game is different.

Speaking of that. Collaros HAS to start protecting the ball better when under pressure. It's been an issue all year.

The fumble wasn't really about Collaros being careless trying to make something happen while trying to avoid a sack - He was winding up to throw and didn't see the guy coming unblocked from his blind side (who got there just as he was pulling the ball back).

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That is what everyone said about the Toronto loss last year. That said, last year's D was much better with less holes.

On 2022-09-17 at 9:55 PM, Bombertown said:

3 stars: 1) Schoen with the NFL level talent and savoring it while he's still here, 2) Lieggs being reliable (post game on cjob game summary just "..and it's good" on repeat, might hear it in my sleep), 3) olivera sneaking in those few pockets we created  ....and if allowed 4) it being last bye week of the season

I noticed y'all don't do this here but.....3 stripes: 1) D Line with pressure on the QB and getting in his face like I want that QB living in fear, 2) our CB work on the line (Nichols, rose, parker- and I know they can do it...just need consistency), 3) gosh damn injuries

Still have one more bye... in between BC games... and likely one after that too

For what it's worth apparently Willie Jeffersons wife went into labour at kick off time so that could explain his lack of focus.

Anyways, I'm hoping this was an anomaly. Roster mismanagement, no rotations on +31 humidex day in steel town probably isn't a recipe for success.

Riders come to town on the 30th and I hope we spank them good.

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Teams have known the blueprint for success against us for a long time. Hitch passes, runs and screens and hope you can get to the end zone 5 yards at a time. Usually doesn't happen.

15 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

For what it's worth apparently Willie Jeffersons wife went into labour at kick off time so that could explain his lack of focus.

Anyways, I'm hoping this was an anomaly. Roster mismanagement, no rotations on +31 humidex day in steel town probably isn't a recipe for success.

Riders come to town on the 30th and I hope we spank them good.

Shame he wasn’t with his wife to celebrate the birth. JMO.