3 stars plus hh Hamilton stinker

wbbfan

1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

For what it's worth apparently Willie Jeffersons wife went into labour at kick off time so that could explain his lack of focus.

Anyways, I'm hoping this was an anomaly. Roster mismanagement, no rotations on +31 humidex day in steel town probably isn't a recipe for success.

Riders come to town on the 30th and I hope we spank them good.

She had made a story during post halftime in the hospital joking that the stress of the game put her into labor, so no I don't think he knew until after the game

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

Still have one more bye... in between BC games... and likely one after that too

Aw **** you're right. I missed that Oct week.

18 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Speaking of that. Collaros HAS to start protecting the ball better when under pressure. It's been an issue all year.

That fumble sack was a weird one for ZC ... Cats rushed an extra man who was completely unblocked but ZC didn't realize he had an extra blitzer to deal with until it was too late.

The way I understand it, if a man comes unblocked on a passing play, it's the QB's job to locate that guy and deal with him with a move or a quick throw ... ordinarily ZC is real good at that part of the game so that sack was surprising. I remember Doug Flutie telling his teammates "just tell me who my man is" on six-pack plays.

10 minutes ago, johnzo said:

That fumble sack was a weird one for ZC ... Cats rushed an extra man who was completely unblocked but ZC didn't realize he had an extra blitzer to deal with until it was too late.

The way I understand it, if a man comes unblocked on a passing play, it's the QB's job to locate that guy and deal with him with a move or a quick throw ... ordinarily ZC is real good at that part of the game so that sack was surprising. I remember Doug Flutie telling his teammates "just tell me who my man is" on six-pack plays.

I'm not sure it was a weird one. Feels like I've seen it on replay throughout the year. Zack has ball security issues when getting tackled way too often for my liking. 

39 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure it was a weird one. Feels like I've seen it on replay throughout the year. Zack has ball security issues when getting tackled way too often for my liking. 

thats the good with the bad you have to deal with when you have a guy like him who works hard to make things happen, and always looking to go downfield with ball....I'll take the odd gaff with all the positive plays that come from it....would you rather have a Faj who cork screws himself into the ground...or a Harris or Nichols who turtle and wilt in the pocket...killing drives?...I wouldn't

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

thats the good with the bad you have to deal with when you have a guy like him who works hard to make things happen, and always looking to go downfield with ball....I'll take the odd gaff with all the positive plays that come from it....would you rather have a Faj who cork screws himself into the ground...or a Harris or Nichols who turtle and wilt in the pocket...killing drib=ves?...I wouldn't

Was going to say this. It is a product of trying to extend plays, which Collaros is better than any QB on the league at doing. So he won’t tuck and protect the ball. Nichols was the opposite, he would eat a sack or throw lots out of bounds rather than forcing a play, because he knew his limitations in mobility and didn’t want to force a turnover. Each method worked for the skill set of the particular QB.  

1 hour ago, Booch said:

thats the good with the bad you have to deal with when you have a guy like him who works hard to make things happen, and always looking to go downfield with ball....I'll take the odd gaff with all the positive plays that come from it....would you rather have a Faj who cork screws himself into the ground...or a Harris or Nichols who turtle and wilt in the pocket...killing drives?...I wouldn't

Oh I know. It's one of 2 issues I have with him as qb, the other is often under throwing/late release of deep balls. But at the end of the day, he's lost 3 games as a Bomber so really these are just inconvenient things. He's still the MOP