Playoff Update

TrueBlue4ever

Week 18 update: this week’s playoff clinching scenarios (assuming no ties)- 

Winnipeg: Clinched a home playoff game. Can clinch 1st in the West with a win AND a BC loss.

BC: Clinched a West playoff spot. Can finish no better than 2nd with a loss AND a Winnipeg win.

Calgary: Clinched a West playoff spot  Can finish no better than 2nd. No clinching scenarios this week.

Saskatchewan: Can finish no better than 4th in the West. Can clinch 4th in the West with a win OR an Edmonton loss. 

Edmonton: Can finish no better than 4th in the West. Will be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss OR a Saskatchewan win.

There are no East crossover possibilities. 

Toronto: Clinched 2nd in the East and a home playoff game. No clinching scenarios this week.

Montreal: Clinched 3rd in the East. Can clinch 2nd and a home playoff game with a win OR  losses by Hamilton and Ottawa.

Hamilton: Can finish no better than 2nd in the East. Can finish no better than 3rd with a loss OR a Montreal win.

Ottawa: Can finish no better than 2nd in the East. Can finish no better than 3rd with a loss OR a Montreal win. Will be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss AND a Saskatchewan win. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

• 2 weeks later...

Week 19 update: this week’s playoff clinching scenarios (assuming no ties)- 

Winnipeg: Clinched 1st in the West.

BC: Clinched a West playoff spot. No clinching scenarios this week. Need wins and Calgary losses totalling 3 to clinch 2nd.

Calgary: Clinched a West playoff spot  No clinching scenarios this week. Need wins and BC losses totalling 4 to clinch 2nd.

Saskatchewan: Will finish 4th in the West. No clinching or elimination scenarios this week. Need two of these three scenarios to clinch a crossover playoff spot: wins and Montreal losses totalling 5, wins and Hamilton losses totalling 3, wins and Ottawa losses totalling 2. 

Edmonton: Will finish 5th in the West. Eliminated from playoff contention.

Toronto: Clinched 2nd in the East and a home playoff game. Can clinch 1st in the East with a win and a Montreal loss.

Montreal: Clinched 3rd in the East. Can clinch 2nd and a home playoff game with a win.

Hamilton: Can finish no better than 2nd in the East. Can finish no better than 3rd with a loss OR a Montreal win.

Ottawa: Can finish no better than 2nd in the East. Can finish no better than 3rd with a loss. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Having interesting games in the eastern division would be a welcome change.

This week's headlines:

MBT appears in the sonnets of his ancestor, the Great William Shakespeare (GWS) "what hath garbage time passing wrought?"

Dane Evans takes up singing shanties with his distant cousin from Scotland "what shall we do with the drunken (insert your own lyrics)"

Lapo has a new role with the Red Blacks - kicking field goals from the 2 yard line

The Alouettes discover that Trevor Harris prefers legs over wings - thus the reason the Birds often flounder

14 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

This week's headlines:

MBT appears in the sonnets of his ancestor, the Great William Shakespeare (GWS) "what hath garbage time passing wrought?"

Dane Evans takes up singing shanties with his distant cousin from Scotland "what shall we do with the drunken (insert your own lyrics)"

Lapo has a new role with the Red Blacks - kicking field goals from the 2 yard line

The Alouettes discover that Trevor Harris prefers legs over wings - thus the reason the Birds often flounder

Some real teacher humour here! :)

On 2022-09-26 at 12:23 PM, Saidin said:

Man Farhan sure carries the water for BC.  I forget if it was on Twitter or during the game that they said Rourke is already walking in a boot and could be seen this year...  Like come on.

He claims on Twitter he has no biases whatever. He's in the same boat as Rod Pederson as far as I'm concerned. Absolute clown.

11 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

As crappy as the East is, it seems like every team has something to play for and make for some (hopefully) exciting football down the stretch.

It's sooooooo hard to watch 2 East Division teams. They play such crappy ball. 

On 2022-09-26 at 10:23 AM, Saidin said:

Man Farhan sure carries the water for BC.  I forget if it was on Twitter or during the game that they said Rourke is already walking in a boot and could be seen this year...  Like come on.

He's out of his boot throwing.

47 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He is an employee in every sense of the word 

Ya I don't wanna go too far down a rabbit hole or tell stories outta school, but Farhan is famous in media circles for not following the unwritten "No Cheering In The Press box" rule. During the 04 playoffs between Flames and Nucks he was all but wearing a Nucks jersey up there. It was something. Having said that, I'm certain he's an awesome dude... Just very very biased toward his regional coverage teams. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ya I don't wanna go too far down a rabbit hole or tell stories outta school, but Farhan is famous in media circles for not following the unwritten "No Cheering In The Press box" rule. During the 04 playoffs between Flames and Nucks he was all but wearing a Nucks jersey up there. It was something. Having said that, I'm certain he's an awesome dude... Just very very biased toward his regional coverage teams. 

Let's not EVER forget that he was with Naylor telling us that the CFL couldn't survive without the XFL. Told us we needed them. He's always desperate, with Naylor, to get attention, especially down south. 

Should have been disqualifying as a "journalist". 

6 hours ago, JCon said:

Let's not EVER forget that he was with Naylor telling us that the CFL couldn't survive without the XFL. Told us we needed them. He's always desperate, with Naylor, to get attention, especially down south. 

Should have been disqualifying as a "journalist". 

Farham LOL.

He yup cannot cannot shut his yap all things Vancouver. If he said that XFL thing he loses so much creditably to me. Like are you really that stupid to say that? Now I know what to ask him if I see him in person in Regina at the Cup week. “HEY Farham you think the CFL still NEEDS the XFL to survive?”😆

He is a decent panel host, I’m sure a nice guy in person but I really like Kate. He is basically Meh to me anyways.

Naylor I really like on the panel. Great insight and energy.

Edited by GOLD MEMBER

Based on current records and the remainder of the schedule, here are my predictions

West

BC splits with Winnipeg, Calgary splits with Sask

BC and Calgary finish tied in the standings, and it comes down to their season series, to determine who gets the home playoff game

Which means BC would finish second, Calgary third

Sask does not get the crossover, because I don't see Hamilton losing even one game to Ottawa, they are currently tied and SSK needs to finish AHEAD

East

Toronto beats Edmonton tonight, which will give them a 4 point lead over the Als

TOR and MTL will split their remaining games, which will give TO first in the East.

The Als are not consistent enough to win both games, but they will take first place if they do, as they would finish tied but win the season series

Hamilton will win out against Ottawa, but still finish 3rd, as the Als should win one more game

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Based on current records and the remainder of the schedule, here are my predictions

West

BC splits with Winnipeg, Calgary splits with Sask

BC and Calgary finish tied in the standings, and it comes down to their season series, to determine who gets the home playoff game

Which means BC would finish second, Calgary third

Sask does not get the crossover, because I don't see Hamilton losing even one game to Ottawa, they are currently tied and SSK needs to finish AHEAD

East

Toronto beats Edmonton tonight, which will give them a 4 point lead over the Als

TOR and MTL will split their remaining games, which will give TO first in the East.

The Als are not consistent enough to win both games, but they will take first place if they do, as they would finish tied but win the season series

Hamilton will win out against Ottawa, but still finish 3rd, as the Als should win one more game

Montreal has already clinched 2nd, since they won the season series with Hamilton and can now finish no worse than tied in the standings with the Cats. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Montreal has already clinched 2nd, since they won the season series with Hamilton and can now finish no worse than tied in the standings with the Cats. 

Yup...and it's a mere formality but the Riders are pulling out the hefty sacks to clean out their sties...I mean lockers

Week 20 update: this week’s playoff clinching scenarios (assuming no ties)- 

Winnipeg: Clinched 1st in the West.

BC: Clinched a West playoff spot. Can clinch 2nd with a win OR a Calgary loss.

Calgary: Clinched a West playoff spot. Need to win both their remaining games AND have BC lose both their remaining games to clinch 2nd (barring any ties).

Saskatchewan: Will finish 4th in the West. Will be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss AND a Hamilton win. Need wins and Hamilton losses totalling 3, AND wins and Ottawa losses totalling 1, to clinch a crossover spot. 

Edmonton: Will finish 5th in the West. Eliminated from playoff contention.

Toronto: Clinched 2nd in the East and a home playoff game. Can clinch 1st in the East with a win or a tie.

Montreal: Clinched 2nd in the East and a home playoff game. Need to win both remaining games against Toronto to clinch 1st.

Hamilton: Can finish no better than 3rd in the East. Can clinch 3rd with a win and can clinch a playoff spot with a win AND a Saskatchewan loss.

Ottawa: Can finish no better than 3rd in the East. Need to win both games against Hamilton to finish 3rd, and also need Saskatchewan to lose both of their remaining g games to make the playoffs. Will be eliminated from the playoffs with a loss OR a Saskatchewan win.