Playoff Update

TrueBlue4ever

The sky is not falling because of that miss step in Ham.....I think we've become a spoiled lot and expect the club to be perfect and a winner every game....ain't gonna happen....Certainly we could have had a better showing in Ham. but they came to play...we didn't...When you have had the kind of successes we've had in recent times people begin to 'expect' the best....sometimes it comes off the rails....I don't think we'll make a habit of it ....IF we do down the stretch, it won't bode well for the playoffs...We're better than that especially if and when we make a few tweaks and get a few players back off of the 6 game

52 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

That would be great if this was the 2019 iteration of the Bombers.

I am not saying the sky is falling- just saying I have some concerns. Things would be much better if we won last night and if BC lost.

Well thanks for pointing out the most obvious things of all time. 

Also, I was responding to Noeller. 

I have no idea what point you are are failing at making. 

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Thus far, we’re still in ideal position for a three-peat.

it’s been a nice feeling we continue to enjoy over the past 2 plus years that after a stinker like Hamilton, it’s still all good.

Check back with that feeling if we lose the next 3 or 4. :)

Sound advice- just a little triggered on part, due to 3 decades of futility... sports fan PTSD if you will.

Interesting thought about this Hamilton win... will it project them to a strong final third of the season to lock up a playoff spot?... I've been thinking for a while that Sask is all but assured the cross over... but that's when I thought they'd finish 9-9 or 8-10... now it's entirely possibly Sask doesn't win again this year... they play in Winnipeg, in Hamilton and the a back-to-back with Calgary... if Calgary has any hope at second, I see them taking both of those games... even if Sask ends up 7-11, Hamilton needs to finish the season 3-2 and Montreal 2-4 to block the cross over...

On 2022-09-18 at 12:36 PM, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Oh boy- I think there is a good chance that we won't lock up first place in the west... BC looks good with VA. there is a possibility that they can make a huge run to get first place. 

We are 3 games ahead of BC.

We would have to go 0-4 and they would have to go 4-2 to get ahead of us.

I understand there are still a few combinations involving ties and the season series. But we have 4 games left and an extra win basically seals it.

39 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I understand there are still a few combinations involving ties and the season series. But we have 4 games left and an extra win basically seals it.

The two games between Wpg and BC could end up making a difference… if the bombers go 1-3 (unlikely as that is) and BC goes 4-2 with two wins against the bombers… BC will be first. 

I honestly don’t think it’s a bad thing if the first game against BC is still meaningful… even if we lock up first in that game then we go bye, meaningless game, bye, west final… that’s a month between meaningful games… Bombers survived a long lull last year but didn’t look quite like the same team in the WF and the first three quarters of the GC. 

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

YUP...barring an 0-fer to close out the season, I am pretty much saying we get the West Final...I don't see an epic collapse here...no way...no how....and can bet my left nut come gametime against the Riders here at home....it will be an ornery bunch looking to make a statement....poor Riders hahahaha

Week 17 update: this week’s playoff clinching scenarios - 

Winnipeg: has clinched a West playoff spot. Can clinch a home playoff game this week with a win OR a Calgary loss.

BC: Clinched a crossover playoff spot. Can clinch a West playoff spot with a win OR a Saskatchewan loss. 

Calgary: Clinched a crossover playoff spot  Can clinch a West playoff spot with a win AND a Saskatchewan loss.

Saskatchewan: Can finish no better than 2nd in the West. Will finish no better than 3rd with a loss OR a BC win. Will finish no better than 4th with a loss AND a Calgary win. Can clinch 4th in the West with a win AND an Edmonton loss.

Edmonton: Can finish no better than 4th in the West. Will be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss AND a Saskatchewan win. 

There are no East crossover possibilities. 

Toronto: Clinched 2nd in the East and a home playoff game. 

Montreal: Can clinch 3rd in the East with a win.

Hamilton: Can finish no better than 2nd in the East. No clinching or elimination scenarios this week.  

Ottawa: Can finish no better than 2nd in the East. No clinching or elimination scenarios this week.  

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

20 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Week 17 update: this week’s playoff clinching scenarios - 

Saskatchewan: Can clinch a crossover playoff spot with a win AND an Edmonton loss.

This is definitely not correct... Sask is a long way away from clinching a crossover spot... Ham can still finish 8-10, meaning Sask would have to be at 9 wins to clinch a crossover... and an Edm loss means nothing for the crossover... I think a win and Edm loss means Sask finishes no worse than 4th in the west... which means nothing.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

This is definitely not correct... Sask is a long way away from clinching a crossover spot... Ham can still finish 8-10, meaning Sask would have to be at 9 wins to clinch a crossover... and an Edm loss means nothing for the crossover... I think a win and Edm loss means Sask finishes no worse than 4th in the west... which means nothing.

Sorry, I jumped the gun and made a mistake when I meant to write “can clinch 4th in the West”. Thanks for the audit, I have made the correction. 

The way it looks, and could go I dont see SSK getting the crossover...Sask has a game here in Wpg...they are in Hamilton and then have back to back against CGY who will be fighting for a home playoff date with B.C...so they will be going guns a blazing.

Ham has the SSK game coming off a bye...they in CGY and then home and home against Ottawa...so that game against Riders will be huge, especially if we do Ham a fovour and take out our anger on that last loss against the Riders this week...which pretty sure happens

Sask I can actually see losing out the rest of the season and end at 6 and 12, so Hamilton needs 2 wins out of those 4 games, and with Ott twice and that Sask I like their chances...be interesting to see these last 4 weeks play out.

we need to go .500 in our final 4 to guarantee 1st...and not have to schedule watch...I like our chances

Edited by Booch