Week 9 - The Champs at The Larks - GDT

JCon

• JCon changed the title to Week 9 - The Champs at The Larks - GDT
5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

You just know the Power Ranking gods are dying for their chance to flip the Bombers and Lions at their first opportunity. Let's not give them one.

Everyone outside Manitoba is sick of us winning. **** em all. 28 years of off and on shitty seasons.... We're making up for lost time. 

25 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

You just know the Power Ranking gods are dying for their chance to flip the Bombers and Lions at their first opportunity. Let's not give them one.

Given we beat Calgary twice and hammered the Lions it would take a few losses in a row for us to vacate the top spot IMO. A loss at this point would be considered an off day. That said, what is losing? 

32 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Given we beat Calgary twice and hammered the Lions it would take a few losses in a row for us to vacate the top spot IMO. A loss at this point would be considered an off day. That said, what is losing? 

They keep qualifying our position in the power rankings with 'at least for now.'

The response after the first loss will be interesting.

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

You’re acting like that might actually happen… Shame on you!

Wondering where we were in the power rankings during the last few weeks of the 2019 season. It’s kind of neat, seems somewhat popular, but is probably only good for discussion purposes. 

**** em all.  The Bombers have found every which way to win as the reigning back to back champions and I’m enjoying the hell out of it.

2019 - lose your starting qb, blow some massive leads in the reg season, lose your back up qb - oh wait he came back wrapped in duct tape, pull ZC8 off the proverbial scrap heap and just f*cking win

2021 - blow away everyone and play one of the most stressful scary awesome championship games I’ve seen.

2022 - amidst major roster changes, bring on the doubters, the haters, every team gunning for the champs (again)

We’ll take the standings,  the opposition, the predictions, the power rankings and crush it all.

54 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I have been to this stadium but never for a Bomber game. Need to make that happen one of these years.

I've been and it's a great atmosphere.   It was when we had Michael Bishop as our QB.   We started out well, then Calvillo and co dissected our secondary on way to another Montreal win. 

GO BLUE  make it 9-0 tonight!

46 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

They keep qualifying our position in the power rankings with 'at least for now.'

The response after the first loss will be interesting.

Right now the narrative is “they can’t win them all, so (a) this is the week to bet against them (as it was with the BC game or last week against Calgary), or (b) but not this week (which seems to be the dominant theme for tonight’s game, despite the “short week on the road” angle). Wonder what the over/under is for wins before the weekly media narrative shifts to “maybe they can go undefeated”? I peg it at 12.5 (that would be right after the Labour Day Classic but before the Banjo Bowl). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever