Around The NHL 2022-23

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I would not gamble on a sport where the players are knowingly taking money from gambling sites. Yikes, what a bad look for the NHL. 

"I appreciate the question, but after all of that I don't think I'm going to get into it much, honestly," Matthews, a star centre with the Toronto Maple Leafs, told The Fifth Estate recently. 

Don't need to buy the refs when the players are on the take. 

48 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would not gamble on a sport where the players are knowingly taking money from gambling sites. Yikes, what a bad look for the NHL. 

"I appreciate the question, but after all of that I don't think I'm going to get into it much, honestly," Matthews, a star centre with the Toronto Maple Leafs, told The Fifth Estate recently. 

No, nope I don't think you appreciate nor care about the question Mr. Matthews (as the brink truck backing up meme comes into focus).

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Fostering an addiction that can lead to other addictions that can lead higher degrees of physical mental financial health problems, family dysfunctions, domestic violence etc etc etc?

Hey, we say play responsibly after each ad. Calm down, individuals are responsible to regulate their own behaviours not us.

Which is true but a bit more complicated than this.

Capitalism with little regard for civic responsibility at it's finest. 

Under “bets nobody would have taken at the start of the season”, the Seattle Kraken are percentage-wise the best team in the Western Conference this morning, more than halfway through the season. And if you bet the parlay that Winnipeg would be the second-best West team while Colorado and Florida were outside the playoff line, you’d be a very rich person. 

Vegas Golden Knights Goalie Robin Lehner Files For Bankruptcy, Cites $50 Million Debt

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Vegas Golden Knights goaltender Robin Lehner and his wife have filed for bankruptcy in Nevada, citing up to $50 million in debts to dozens of creditors.

The Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing offers a glimpse into the couple’s financial problems, including money owed to no fewer than 50 people and companies, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

They filed for bankruptcy Dec. 30, months after a Wisconsin company sued Lehner for $4 million, claiming the NHL player and his father failed to make any payments last year on a business loan.

Both Lehner and his father, Michael, are listed as principal members in a Nevada business license filing for Solarcode, a limited liability corporation doing business in multiple states, including Nevada and Arizona.

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm absolutely sickened by this Provorov situation and the league's complete inaction. Their response statement issued this morning is horrendous. Sixero's take here is spot on. 

What's the big deal ?   He's a hockey player that has religious beliefs.    It's not a hate crime to have a different opinion.    People need to keep the politics and the agendas out of sports,  it's ridiculous.    

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

What's the big deal ?   He's a hockey player that has religious beliefs.    It's not a hate crime to have a different opinion.    People need to keep the politics and the agendas out of sports,  it's ridiculous.    

It's not politics.... It's religion, which is ******* RIDICULOUS in this day and age and no excuse for being an ******* and hating on minorities. The league is supposed to be all about this Hockey Is For Everyone thing, but then you get religious assholes who ruin it for everyone. 

The great line I heard was "what if it was military appreciation night, and someone decided to protest it? Can you imagine the uproar in the states???" How on earth is it okay to protest LGBTQ+ in 2023?!?! 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It's not politics.... It's religion, which is ******* RIDICULOUS in this day and age and no excuse for being an ******* and hating on minorities. The league is supposed to be all about this Hockey Is For Everyone thing, but then you get religious assholes who ruin it for everyone. 

The great line I heard was "what if it was military appreciation night, and someone decided to protest it? Can you imagine the uproar in the states???" How on earth is it okay to protest LGBTQ+ in 2023?!?! 

I have no idea where you work but imagine if the higher ups forced all muslims at your work to stop praying during the day and for the women to remove hijabs/niqab/burka and demand that they all wear rainbow striped clothing.  Based on what you are saying it appears that you would demand that those folks be reprimanded if they didn't comply?  If you deny this then you are providing a double standard. 

The military night point that you referenced completely defends what I am saying.   Kaepernick *should* of been able to exercise his right to kneel when that happened.  You are saying that Kaepernick *should* of stood straight and follow exactly what the league demanded him to do.

It's a dangerous mindset that folks like yourself have in which just because someone doesn't share the same beliefs that you have that they must be wrong and that they must change.  Someone not having rainbow tape or badges doesn't mean that they want all LGBT people to die and want horrible things done to them.  Its perfectly alright to just do your own thing.  At my work they had United Way days where everyone was suppose to put on a United Way sticker,  I didn't because I don't support that organization because I believe they are corrupt.  I don't want them to burn into pieces or anything, I simply don't want to falsely support them when I don't believe in how they run a charity.  Most people at my work do support the United Way. Based on what you said I should be fired because I didn't follow the majority of what people believe in.   See how silly your argument is.  

I would hope in North America that anyone can exercise the right to believe in whatever they want to as long as it isn't breaking any laws.  

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

****** thank you for this post!

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Hating on minorities? You mean hating on somebody choosing not to participate because of his religion? Sounds like you're the one hating. And where did he say hate?? I'd like to see that quote, which of course doesn't exist.

So you think fighting for freedom is the same thing? It's NOT Military Appreciation Night. The military risk their lives daily and have done it for many, many years. That is a moronic comparison.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

You're right...Military is a bad comparison. People who enter the military make a choice to do so. The LGBTQ+ community doesn't make a choice...it's how they were born. They deserve far more respect. 

2 hours ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Hating on minorities? You mean hating on somebody choosing not to participate because of his religion? Sounds like you're the one hating. And where did he say hate?? I'd like to see that quote, which of course doesn't exist.

So you think fighting for freedom is the same thing? It's NOT Military Appreciation Night. The military risk their lives daily and have done it for many, many years. That is a moronic comparison.

So if someone who chooses not to participate in something due to holding a 'religious' belief that is blatantly bigoted, prejudice, discriminatory, hateful etc etc etc and we call them out  on that, it makes us the haters? Got it.

Btw If anyone in the LGBTQ+ community chose not to participate in something like this because they held a 'religious' belief that heterosexuality was a sin it would be called out as well.