Around The NHL 2022-23

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I gotta admit....this fascination within society to turn the 90s into a "thing" drives me crazy...... I mean, Jesus, are we truly that far removed from it.....? (Don't answer that please....) 

Pretty much how I felt when I saw the new Last Of Us show described as a period piece when it's only set in 2003...

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Are we still pretending that we're not old? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrzzBI4OTMPKy49a05Quw

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The more I watched how Canucks’ management dealt with the whole Boudreau situation and how much it affected him, the more I admire the way Maurice took control of his own exit. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

On 2023-01-22 at 9:03 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Which is on the Jets for not firing him after the loss to AZ.

Completely different scenarios here. Like Completely. Jets prob should have let Maurice go after the cdn sweeping by Montreal... Jets were very loyal to Maurice. Canucks ? Not so much 

Canuckleheads obviously in tear down mode....They gave up their best player for a handful of beans, hoping like hell it'll work in the future....Are we in that position?.....A hard no on that one.....I doubt we want to go down that road at this juncture , especially when we are in playoff contention

22 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Then I’ll respond with “OK armchair GM, give me your Jets trade that would have landed Horvat?”

Lowry Lucius 1st conditional 

That's basically what they got except Lowry is better than Beauvillier overall... basically 3rd liner, center prospect,  1st 

Would I do it? No cuz horvat gonna get paid and he wasn't really a need 

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Canuckleheads obviously in tear down mode....They gave up their best player for a handful of beans, hoping like hell it'll work in the future....Are we in that position?.....A hard no on that one.....I doubt we want to go down that road at this juncture , especially when we are in playoff contention

They ain't rebuilding tho. 

Edited by Goalie

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

That's basically what they got except Lowry is better than Beauvillier overall... basically 3rd liner, center prospect,  1st 

Thanks. Appreciate the suggested trade, why you think it is equal to what they got, and why you would not make that move anyway. I agree Horvat’s pending UFA status makes any trade dicey, given what they are asking in return for a likely rental. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

They ain't rebuilding tho. 

,,,,,according to their gm he ain't finished yet