Week Six: Non Champ Games

50 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Yup - Neither of his INT's against Ham were bad ones.  TBH there should almost be a stat line for INT's caused by receiver drops like the one to Lucky (or our game finisher in Calgary) since those are fundamentally different from an INT where the QB threw the ball to a defender.

The second INT was a sick play from the HAM safety... the other team is playing too.

Yeh Adam's dropping the TD in the endzone to lose the game is rough

That would only have made it 40-39. They still had several ways to lose the game even if Darvin made the catch. Missed convert, missed 2 pt convert, make the convert and lose in OT :) 

Read #2... Media & fans ask the same questions we used to. The conservative play calling by LaPo. Not being aggressive. Kicking 2 FG's when they could have got first downs. Yes, LaPo lost Masoli but to me it's obvious that even with the veteran qb they'd be 0-6 or 1-5. As we found out here, LaPo is an overrated OC & is drowning as a HC in Ottawa. Should the RedBlacks GM throw him a lifeline or let him sink to the bottom? It won't get any better with LaPo in charge.

LaPo will be fired eventually. It's inevitable. I just hope that O'Shea doesn't bring him back here.

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/22/refs-ruin-the-rally-11-other-thoughts-on-ottawa-losing-to-montreal/

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Read #2... Media & fans ask the same questions we used to. The conservative play calling by LaPo. Not being aggressive. Kicking 2 FG's when they could have got first downs. Yes, LaPo lost Masoli but to me it's obvious that even with the veteran qb they'd be 0-6 or 1-5. As we found out here, LaPo is an overrated OC & is drowning as a HC in Ottawa. Should the RedBlacks GM throw him a lifeline or let him sink to the bottom? It won't get any better with LaPo in charge.

LaPo will be fired eventually. It's inevitable. I just hope that O'Shea doesn't bring him back here.

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/22/refs-ruin-the-rally-11-other-thoughts-on-ottawa-losing-to-montreal/

Actually the real nightmare would be MOS not coming back for 2023 (contract ends this year) and LaPo returning to replace him.

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The first pick was Lucky's fault. The second was partly Rourke not putting enough on the ball, partly a great DB play and partly his receiver falling coming back to the ball. Both throws were on time on target and to an open receiver.

Rourke's the best young QB to come along in a long time, but he's still a young QB who will make mistakes. He didn't have a great game last night, but they still won ugly.

Totally agree..wish you were as optimistic about the Bombers when we win ugly. Just saying.

I can't see Lapo being a permanent head coach again after this...maybe an interim somewhere if he's the OC and the head coach gets canned.

Not sure how you could ever do a process of searching for a head coach and come up with Lapo as the best candidate.  He's got 5 years of just brutal results, especially on offense as an offensive coach.  His only playoff team was carried by an all-time defense.

19 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I can't see Lapo being a permanent head coach again after this...maybe an interim somewhere if he's the OC and the head coach gets canned.

Not sure how you could ever do a process of searching for a head coach and come up with Lapo as the best candidate.  He's got 5 years of just brutal results, especially on offense as an offensive coach.  His only playoff team was carried by an all-time defense.

Some how some way I feel Benevedes still has a shot down the road as a HC......somehow......someway

19 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Actually the real nightmare would be MOS not coming back for 2023 (contract ends this year) and LaPo returning to replace him.

I know you’re saying this tongue-in-cheekily… but if we actually did lose O’Shea after this year… the more likely replacement would probably be someone like Buck or Younger… or someone else internal 

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I know you’re saying this tongue-in-cheekily… but if we actually did lose O’Shea after this year… the more likely replacement would probably be someone like Buck or Younger… or someone else internal 

I think I'd take younger,our offense has been much more creative and effective under Buck than Lapo, I could see Hall getting one last shot if it happened.

36 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I’d be in favor of Younger for sure

Not that he gonna leave...but if Osh did...I would seriously look at Younger as the new Osh as players live him and would see him as a continuation...and he has been part of the culture shift here and reason why we been so successful...if they feel he still needs a lil seasoning and Hall still has the fire to keep coaching than I'd promote him..and give Younger the DC and Asst HC role...as the man in waiting...and we'd be just fine as we basically have a player coach in BA to take up some slack with DB coaching and I see him as the DB coach immediately after he decides to hang em up...we are in such a good position to keep things rolling here it's not even funny...and I sure be pretty easy to lure any assistant we set sights on

7 hours ago, Booch said:

Not that he gonna leave...but if Osh did...I would seriously look at Younger as the new Osh as players live him and would see him as a continuation...and he has been part of the culture shift here and reason why we been so successful...if they feel he still needs a lil seasoning and Hall still has the fire to keep coaching than I'd promote him..and give Younger the DC and Asst HC role...as the man in waiting...and we'd be just fine as we basically have a player coach in BA to take up some slack with DB coaching and I see him as the DB coach immediately after he decides to hang em up...we are in such a good position to keep things rolling here it's not even funny...and I sure be pretty easy to lure any assistant we set sights on

At the last game BA looked to be signalling the calls to the DBs also had head set on all game.

On 2022-07-22 at 2:51 PM, rebusrankin said:

LaPo will never be a HC again. His record is abysmal. Like I said earlier, it has nothing to do with injured qbs. It's the lousy way he calls games. And he's so conservative. So conservative that Margaret Thatcher would have more imagination with her playcalling than LaPo. He never plays to win but not to lose. 

I expect that Argos to win...but I also think Sask will look actually better...more like a team...they have a bunch of cancers sitting out...guys playing for team now and not personal gains and show boating...also have an actual QB who can make throws...but their online still blows real bad...and there no fix for that this yr...and even next unless some big ticket free agents actually make it to free agency...but that rarely happens....plus they still have a useless HC...so it's gonna be 2 extremes today...a mild surprise....or a total laughable comedy...hoping for the latter haha

Yup...good to see...support is there...and it's a fun environment and thing to do there......but.....they need to axe Lapo sooner or later before they give up....and they will....guy just oozes loser...nice guy...quality assistant for most part....but not a leader of men

21 hours ago, bearpants said:

Assuming that Younger didn't leave with him to be his DC.