Week 5 - Back to Back Champs at Lions - Week of thread

JCon

I actually feel rather positive...BC has proven nothing really....and maybe caught league off-guard at first...I think this team likes to rise to occasion...as we have shown it....and it might just be a take the youngin back to the woodshed for a lil somethin somethin....short week and cross country jetsetting and all

I actually think Clements is quicker than Wilson to get out there...with some prep as the new number 1 guy now, I see no issues....and he also isnt a newbie...he knows the league and what teams run and basically what to look for from his time last year, and now

Also Rourke and the BC O-line hasnt had to deal with a set of ends like we have, and a Biggie roaming around...I know its been yrs since he played there, and nobody really is left from his time there...but u can bet your life he will be extra amped up and on a mission....

Edited by Booch

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think tomorrow we see the handing over the majority of the runs to the import...looking to spark things...

Great point. They really seemed to be feeling out Mccrae vs toronto. They didnt just use him as a super sub to execute one or two specific packages. They threw him into pass pro, running, catching, and in some of demskis package. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go from splitting reps with BOO, back filling demskis spot, and instead see him as the primary back and see grant get some of demski's package. Which could be extremely dynamic. 

Just now, Booch said:

I actually think Clements is quicker than Wilson to get out there...with some prep as the new number 1 guy now, I see no issues....and he also isnt a newbie...he knows the league and what teams run and basically what to look for from his time last year, and now

Also Rourke and the BC O-line hasnt had to deal with a set of ends like we have, and a Biggie roaming around...I know its been yrs since he played there, and nobody really is left from his time there...but u can bet your life he will be extra amped up and on a mission....

Imo wilson has been our and the leagues modp so far this year. But even at that, I don't see us missing a beat with clements. Both are pretty similar guys, very athletic and great at scrapping to the ball and getting in on the back end of down field plays. Clement was a tremendous pick up this off season. 

I love Kyrie Wilson...think he's the best WIL in the league...... but I don't think the dropoff from him to Clements is so severe that it drastically impacts the outcome of the game. Clements is really good and will be more than serviceable this week. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This right here is huge. I can see Rourke tossing some balls that Jefferson and his 12 foot wingspan just knock out of the sky.

yup...they rely a lot on the quick slant and hitters....if that first quick read is gone....he may struggle

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...they rely a lot on the quick slant and hitters....if that first quick read is gone....he may struggle

Totally. From what I've seen the lions have relied on quick passing. You make Rourke hold on a second longer I can see things falling off the rails. 

Should the Bombers rally and beat the Lions with a depleted lineup (including two league all-stars down), the Bombers can legitimately claim to be the best in the league. If they lose, well, they have a built-in excuse unless the get blown out- something the O'Shea Bombers just don't do any more.