Week 5 - Back to Back Champs at Lions - Week of thread

JCon

Btw....it's Ellingson.....and he has been a top guy for yrs...still is...and is a legit intermediate to deep threat...and he of many circus catches too ...his one in first qr we as money....and Schoen looks to be a second coming if him...if not better...Zylstra esque....once we get Demski back...and McRae more engrained I'm offence we will be on fire... And don't sleep on Bailey..he will be clutch for us..and even tho not targeted much he does a lot for the other guys success...

24 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Our offence will show more and evolve as the season progresses. 

Take it for what it's worth, but I heard a "I Know A Guy Who Knows A Guy" type story that the Bombers offense goes like this: Install the basics for the first 3rd of the year. At the 1/3 mark, they install more of the playbook, then at the half way point, install more. And so on. Apparently the full playbook doesn't get installed until closer to the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Feeling a bit sorry for Bailey.....He seems to be getting lost out there....He is also a clutch guy BUT how do you keep everyone happy...You have to go with what's working and who's making the big plays ...tough when we have so much talent on the roster.....Nice problem though

BOO isn't adding much, while Demski is out flip Bailey back inside and let him use the waggle. 

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Feeling a bit sorry for Bailey.....He seems to be getting lost out there....He is also a clutch guy BUT how do you keep everyone happy...You have to go with what's working and who's making the big plays ...tough when we have so much talent on the roster.....Nice problem though

There's only so many balls to go around. Ellingson and Schoen are undoubtedly our top two receivers. I would say Demski is firmly the #3 target, when playing. Factor in the running game, and it doesn't leave many opportunities for Bailey. I don't think it's a reflection of him per se. I wouldn't be surprised if he put up great numbers in an offence where he's designed to be the second or third target (I say that because I don't see him as a #1 but that's just my opinion) but when the roster is as stacked as ours, he just isn't going to be a focal point of the offence.

1 hour ago, Piggy 1 said:

There was meme on Twitter this morning that made me howl. Wish i could embed it here.....dont know how.

Go to the tweet. Bottom right under the tweet is an upward arrow coming out of a box. Click on it. It should give you the option to “Copy link”. Copy, then come here and paste directly into the message body (do NOT use the “insert image from URL” box). Once it is pasted it should automatically show. 

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

BOO isn't adding much, while Demski is out flip Bailey back inside and let him use the waggle. 

Defences still need to account for his presence. #8 scrambled hard, waved to Bailey and voila, a critical catch - right in the gut - near the sideline to extend a drive, adding to the dominance in the time of possession. 

I don’t know where to place this comment. The Bombers are very disciplined, as a team. Minimal amounts of any barkin, trash talkin, taunting, chippiness. Legs didn’t react to the Lion guy’s sustained beaking off after a miss. MOS doesn’t scream at refs or his players. Players talk what they have to do, personal responsibility and not about the other team in disparaging terms. These are just a bunch of real good, competent, guys, focused on the job at hand. 

Yeah..it's refreshing to see just normal celebrating after a big play...and not the crap u see some teams do...these guys are all business...act like a pro who's been there before...and don't let outside noise and in game chatter effect their mission....that's why they are b2b and been pretty much a juggernaut the last 2 seasons