Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

So easy to cheer for Charlie. An incredible talent. To this day, he’s one of the guys and well respected. 

Not to me. Pouted in ‘01 and disrupted the team chemistry late in the year because he wanted the ball more when the 3-headed Mills/Blount/Roberts machine was dominating, then did his walkout, and decided getting ripped the night before the Grey Cup was the way to go and we all saw how that turned out. Then another faux “retirement” bit of drama, a careless fumble in the ‘07 East Final that led to Glenn’s busted arm, another no-show in the big game which led Milt Stegall to call out his work ethic and professionalism, and then an ignoble hush hush departure from the team. Have not found my way to forgive him or respect him for those transgressions no matter what great numbers he put up. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I watch tremendous burners like hill and still don’t see his quickness and first step matched

He went from not moving to full speed instantly and could change direction without losing any speed. Just such a natural talent. I too really wish he had the drive to be better because he was a special player even with all his flaws.

8 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Not to me. Pouted in ‘01 and disrupted the team chemistry late in the year because he wanted the ball more when the 3-headed Mills/Blount/Roberts machine was dominating, then did his walkout, and decided getting ripped the night before the Grey Cup was the way to go and we all saw how that turned out. Then another faux “retirement” bit of drama, a careless fumble in the ‘07 East Final that led to Glenn’s busted arm, another no-show in the big game which led Milt Stegall to call out his work ethic and professionalism, and then an ignoble hush hush departure from the team. Have not found my way to forgive him or respect him for those transgressions no matter what great numbers he put up. 

7 time CFL all star. CFL Hall of Fame, +10,000 career rushing yards, avg. 5.4 per carry, +3000 receiving. 6 x 1000 yard rushing seasons. MOP nominee. ANY CFL team would have loved to have him on the squad, despite his warts. 

31 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

7 time CFL all star. CFL Hall of Fame, +10,000 career rushing yards, avg. 5.4 per carry, +3000 receiving. 6 x 1000 yard rushing seasons. MOP nominee. ANY CFL team would have loved to have him on the squad, despite his warts. 

Not to mention was a good return man too. And ran behind some awful ols. He would start on every cfl team right now if he was in his prime. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Not to mention was a good return man too. And ran behind some awful ols. He would start on every cfl team right now if he was in his prime. 

Putting up back to back 2000 yard seasons (running and receiving) in 2005 and 2006 with how putrid our offensive line was is nothing short of greatness. He was without a doubt one of the most dominating running backs of all time. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

me like....alot

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

A bit worrisome that we being in two imp ol. Maybe a sign Richmond isn’t coming off the ir any time soon. But I would expect to see a follow up move either to ir or waive from the pr. 

also....maybe we gonna roll with an import road grader at guard...2 recievers....RB....2 Olineman....DT and Safety right now makes our ratio...maybe Lawsons good showing has them more comfortable with dedicating 2 guys to the defense, and maybe too, they have some insight on possible Kongbo resurfacing...hmmmmmmm

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

me like....alot

also....maybe we gonna roll with an import road grader at guard...2 recievers....RB....2 Olineman....DT and Safety right now makes our ratio...maybe Lawsons good showing has them more comfortable with dedicating 2 guys to the defense, and maybe too, they have some insight on possible Kongbo resurfacing...hmmmmmmm

That would be a good move date to dream. 

9 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

They sure aren’t bottom of the barrel tcf imp ol that’s for sure. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

That would be a good move date to dream. 

They sure aren’t bottom of the barrel tcf imp ol that’s for sure. 

Both guys were in NFL min-camps recently (Nelson with NYG & Witt with ATL) so they may have been up here sooner if not for that.

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Both guys were in NFL min-camps recently (Nelson with NYG & Witt with ATL) so they may have been up here sooner if not for that.

Yep. Maybe both are guys that are just too good to pass on or wait on. Or maybe it’s we need ol and are very fortunate to have two guys of their calibre available.  Either way isn’t bad but having a rookie on the ol is a rare thing around here. 

tre ford starting? Same guy who is 1/3 for 8 yards and a pic on the season? Is this jones head games or Chris jones being crazy?

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

A couple weeks? That wouldn't be so bad. I assumed it was much worse. 

yup...manageable and be nice for BOO to get some reps and see what he can do...I think we sitting on a real gem there

34 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Hopefully this puts Rose back at 100% get gets him back to his old self,if not then I didn't mind Houston back there.

I certain he will be fine....and anyway you slice it....db's consisting of Taylor, Nichols, Rose, Glass and Houston as your starters and DI and the impending return of BA to that mix is top shelf depth in my opinion....and from what I hear BA is running around with purpose now...so maybe a few weeks?

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Maybe both are guys that are just too good to pass on or wait on. Or maybe it’s we need ol and are very fortunate to have two guys of their calibre available.  Either way isn’t bad but having a rookie on the ol is a rare thing around here. 

tre ford starting? Same guy who is 1/3 for 8 yards and a pic on the season? Is this jones head games or Chris jones being crazy?

well...Chungh and Desjarlais do say Hi hahah...but yeah it is rare....and can be disastrous for some squads

27 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The Elks had a decent chance of knocking off the Ti-Cats with Arbuckle coming off an improved performance against the Stamps, but this move makes absolutely no sense.

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...manageable and be nice for BOO to get some reps and see what he can do...I think we sitting on a real gem there

I certain he will be fine....and anyway you slice it....db's consisting of Taylor, Nichols, Rose, Glass and Houston as your starters and DI and the impending return of BA to that mix is top shelf depth in my opinion....and from what I hear BA is running around with purpose now...so maybe a few weeks?

well...Chungh and Desjarlais do say Hi hahah...but yeah it is rare....and can be disastrous for some squads

True though both rookie seasons were a while ago. I wonder when the last time we started a rookie imp ol. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

A couple weeks? That wouldn't be so bad. I assumed it was much worse. 

3DN (fwiw) is now reporting several weeks so your initial assumption could be correct.

https://3downnation.com/2022/06/30/bombers-top-canadian-receiver-nic-demski-expected-to-miss-several-games-with-ankle-injury-report/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter