Jump to content

Forecast 2022 Season: Rankings


Recommended Posts

I see the WEST ending up in this rank order:

Winnipeg

Calgary

Saskatchewan

Edmonton

BC

In the EAST, I expect the final order to be:

Hamilton

Montreal

Toronto

Ottawa

I see a lot of differential in the west, very little in the east. Forecasting with history I am!

Who sees this differently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wbb, ham, ssk, to, mtl, cal, edm, bc, ott.

 

And the too early season prediction. 

 

Winnipeg. Offense has its best year under the mafia era and the dark side does its thing.

Edmonton. The year of arbuckle and a decent OL wit ha decent chris jones D leads the way to a distant second.

Saskatchewan. Another step back for fajardo and the run game.

Calgary. Fights hard to stay out of the basement after a bad start during the final days of BLM as a starter.

BC. Too much too soon too fast at qb, and buying pieces doesn't create a defensive culture.

 

Toronto. Depth and defense with a solid but not great offense. QB controversy continues to haunt MBT>

Montreal. I see a lot of controversy at qb, but enough firepower to beat up on the bottom feeders.

Ottawa. A semi healthy masoli propels the RBs to the fringe of the play offs. 

Hamilton. No qb depth, lost their best defensive player and have been trending down on offense since june jones left. The weight of the years of failure in the play offs brings down the house of cards. 

The dream would be a sask cross over and prairie grey cup. But I think itll be a TO bomber grey cup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

wbb, ham, ssk, to, mtl, cal, edm, bc, ott.

 

And the too early season prediction. 

 

Winnipeg. Offense has its best year under the mafia era and the dark side does its thing.

Edmonton. The year of arbuckle and a decent OL wit ha decent chris jones D leads the way to a distant second.

Saskatchewan. Another step back for fajardo and the run game.

Calgary. Fights hard to stay out of the basement after a bad start during the final days of BLM as a starter.

BC. Too much too soon too fast at qb, and buying pieces doesn't create a defensive culture.

 

Toronto. Depth and defense with a solid but not great offense. QB controversy continues to haunt MBT>

Montreal. I see a lot of controversy at qb, but enough firepower to beat up on the bottom feeders.

Ottawa. A semi healthy masoli propels the RBs to the fringe of the play offs. 

Hamilton. No qb depth, lost their best defensive player and have been trending down on offense since june jones left. The weight of the years of failure in the play offs brings down the house of cards. 

The dream would be a sask cross over and prairie grey cup. But I think itll be a TO bomber grey cup. 

I would switch Hamilton and MTL but otherwise I completely agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

BC will definitely finish ahead of Edmonton.  Rourke is going to light up the league with that recieving Corp and an Oline that has some continuity. 

The Dline looks improved, the linebackers are Allstars and the secondary is underrated. 

There is nothing I want more for this season (outside of the Bombers) than for Rourke to absolutely light it up this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

BC will definitely finish ahead of Edmonton.  Rourke is going to light up the league with that recieving Corp and an Oline that has some continuity. 

The Dline looks improved, the linebackers are Allstars and the secondary is underrated. 

BC's OL is still dog ****. Those QBs are going to be under pressure all year. 

I honestly think the West is going to regress this year. I think Winnipeg will still be a force, but I think every other team is going to take a step back. This will be BLM's last year in the league. Maier takes over at some point. Faj continues to regress. Edm is better than last year, but still a mess. BC more of the same. 

The East will be even throughout the year...not necessarily world beaters, but I think Ham takes a step back, and everyone else steps up a little. 

I saw a thing online yesterday predicting Wpg over SK in the WF and Tor over Ham in the EF and Wpg over Tor in the GC and I have no reason to argue that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As usual, but this year it seems to be much worse than usual, it all comes down to the quarterbacking. As has been already posted, there is a dearth of good QBs in the CFL at present, and upon reflection, that was true last year as well.  There is no easy fix for this. The only possible answer is to allow teams to keep another quarterback as a development project outside of the regular roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

West:

Winnipeg

Saskatchewan

Edmonton

Calgary

BC

 

East:

Hamilton

Ottawa

Montreal

Toronto

 

I think the East might be a dog fight to the bitter end. If Masoli can stay healthy, Ottawa makes the playoffs. Evans also looked pretty good last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

West

1. Bombers 13-5

2. stamps 12-6

3. Riders 10-8

4. Elk 8-10

5. Lions 6-12

East

1. Argos 10-8

2. Ti cats 9-9

3. Als 8-10

4. Red blacks 6-12

Not sure if the math works, but this is the most accurate one I've seen so far, positionally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not sure if the math works, but this is the most accurate one I've seen so far, positionally. 

Not quite... adds up to 82-80 league wide...  I'd make the Riders 9-9 and then the math works :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

West:

Bombers - Lost a few great players but still the class of the league

Riders - Pull out all the stops to get a home Grey Cup

Stamps - BLM got chased from the first pre-season game. Will happen again and again until Dicky pulls him for good.

Elks - Their HC will force them to win enough games for the cross over.

Lions - Poor QBing and bad OL will highlight their demise.

 

East:

Ticats - QB will keep them in most games.

Als - Were close last year. Should be better this year. Might take first.

Argos - SMS what SMS? Buy themselves into 3rd.

redblacks - Go as far as Masoli takes them. Trending the right direction, but not quite good enough for the playoffs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

West:

Bombers - Lost a few great players but still the class of the league

 

 

As long as they can keep #8 upright out there, the Bombers will always have a chance to win.

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

West

1. Bombers 13-5

2. stamps 12-6

3. Riders 10-8

4. Elk 8-10

5. Lions 6-12

East

1. Argos 10-8

2. Ti cats 9-9

3. Als 8-10

4. Red blacks 6-12

Bombers 13 - 5 - if both Biggie and Zack play five games in lazy boy recliners....and even those games will be nail-biters lol...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

West:

Bombers - Still the class of the league

Riders - In spite of MBB's best efforts, the Riders will continue to be a decent team - it helps that the other 3 teams in the West are not that good

Elks - they have made some good moves - will squeak into 3rd

Stamps - They'll be in the running, but the BLM/Dickenson situation will drag them down

Lions - No, just no.  QB protection just cannot be that abysmal

 

East:

Ticats - They still have the best talent in the East, but it won't be a cake walk to first. Came within a hair of a GC win

Argos - their play in the trenches always gives them a chance. MBT makes more plays than he gets credit for. Potential to finish first again

Redblacks: Masoli is more or less a .500 QB. Along with their other changes, they sneak into 3rd place - weakness of Cal / BC is also a factor here 

Als: they might take third.  The other teams in the East have better players at the QB position, IMO. VAJ gives too many games away, and does not redeem himself often enough  

* Als and Redblacks will be fighting each other for 3rd place - all year

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

West

1. Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

2. Calgary Stampeders BLM continues his slide, sourpuss Dave whines to the wrong ref, but they have been shown they produce acceptable back ups, and barely edging out…

3. Edmonton Elks because players are briefly inspired by Jones misguided techniques.

4. B.C. Lions continuous improvement slow and sure. Lucky gains even more attention. Good receiving group. 

5. Sk green bastards from parts unknown, scandals rock the locker room as Dickenson loses control. Attendance faulters as concession vouchers no longer draw crowds. Concession vouchers are no match for Grey Cup rings. Could be wrong about the crowds as those fans aren’t very, you know. 
 

East

1. Montreal Alouettes might have the most depth at qb, a duo coached by an ex qb. Everyone likes Khari.

2. Hamilsmell, Steinhauer has a knack for having a squad that wins. Heck, he’s like a mini MOS. 

3. Ottawa Red Blacks they have a quarterback that comes with significant skills. 

4. Toronto Argo’s Harris will get hurt and only play a fraction of the games. 
 

Edited by Rod Black
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-06-02 at 11:28 AM, Noeller said:

BC's OL is still dog ****. Those QBs are going to be under pressure all year. 

I honestly think the West is going to regress this year. I think Winnipeg will still be a force, but I think every other team is going to take a step back. This will be BLM's last year in the league. Maier takes over at some point. Faj continues to regress. Edm is better than last year, but still a mess. BC more of the same. 

The East will be even throughout the year...not necessarily world beaters, but I think Ham takes a step back, and everyone else steps up a little. 

I saw a thing online yesterday predicting Wpg over SK in the WF and Tor over Ham in the EF and Wpg over Tor in the GC and I have no reason to argue that. 

Olines need continuity.  Winnipeg has a great Oline, because you've almost had the same 5  starters.  Even though Gray maybe he starting at left guard, he's still has chemistry as the past 6/7 Olinemen.

BC is returning 3 starters, with backup David Knevel taking the left guard spot.  Continuity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-06-03 at 11:14 AM, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Olines need continuity.  Winnipeg has a great Oline, because you've almost had the same 5  starters.  Even though Gray maybe he starting at left guard, he's still has chemistry as the past 6/7 Olinemen.

BC is returning 3 starters, with backup David Knevel taking the left guard spot.  Continuity.

Mediocre continuity? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, coach17 said:

My 2cents - West - Stamps, Bombers, Riders, Elks, Lions

This is possible.... But Cgy needs a lot to go right and we'd have to see significant injuries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...