Riders didn't win another cup.

Dodge and Burn

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

As I said, imagine if Romo or Aikman did this. NFL would have them taken off the telecasts. Or imagine a broadcaster on HNIC advocating the Leafs do this. Bettman would lose his ****.

I think the issue here is Suitor has become too comfortable in his position with TSN. There's nobody younger bucking to replace him so he's become cocky, opionated & arrogant. He's not afraid to show his biases. He needs to be reigned in as a commentator. His tweet kinda says it all. Like, "What'd I say?? C'mon!" He just has absolutely no idea. 

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think the issue here is Suitor has become too comfortable in his position with TSN. There's nobody younger bucking to replace him so he's become cocky, opionated & arrogant. He's not afraid to show his biases. He needs to be reigned in as a commentator. His tweet kinda says it all. Like, "What'd I say?? C'mon!" He just has absolutely no idea. 

I don't think they would have an issue replacing Suitor with Dunigan on a full time basis.  

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He is loving the attention that comment has gotten him. Rule 1 of the Charles Adler  school of broadcasting “It doesn’t matter if people love you or hate you. What matters is that they’re talking about you”. 

Adler at least had integrity on issues that mattered - especially later in his career. 

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's a big nothing burger. I read the same idea around here tons of times when we were bad. 

While I agree with both sides as in, it's really nothing...but it IS bush league for a CFL rep to be speaking that way.

I fail to see how a person who is payed to represent the league is the same as a fan forum....?

21 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

While I agree with both sides as in, it's really nothing...but it IS bush league for a CFL rep to be speaking that way.

I fail to see how a person who is payed to represent the league is the same as a fan forum....?

I think that it is a bit of a reach to say he is a league rep. He works for a broadcaster who has the TV rights. That doesn’t make him beholden to the league and must follow their marching orders. TSN broadcasts game for their own benefit (ratings and advertising dollars generated from it). They don’t speak “for” the league. And when a broadcaster appears on a local podcast, his comments are going to be about that team, and he will play to that base. 

Now, is it a bad look for the league for him to say a team should violate the cap? Yes, but not specifically because it is Suitor saying it or it is the Roughriders as the focal point. It’s bad because it highlights how weak the penalties are for violations (Toronto went over and the league waived their penalty) and how the payoff more than makes the violation worth it. Sask netted over $10 million in profit from winning their last home Grey Cup and the league does nothing to really dissuade the practice. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

It's a big nothing burger. I read the same idea around here tons of times when we were bad. 

Had this same discussion on Twitter with some chick in Saskatchewan.  It's truly shocking how many people can't see what the difference between a random fan advocating cheating versus a member of the national media who's job it is to cover the cfl. Unreal.

Suitor has never been impartial. He's a Rider through and through and always has been. He's a fan and an ex player who has a mic, not a league spokesman. The rules say teams can go over the SMS limit and pay a fine. Suitor and tons of other fans have said that their team should take advantage of that rule. It gets clicks. It get fans talking. It makes the CFL relevant in the middle of the off season. That's Suitor's job description.

Those of you who get on the 'That's terrible' bandwagon are helping Suitor be relevant at this time of year.  

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Suitor has never been impartial. He's a Rider through and through and always has been. He's a fan and an ex player who has a mic, not a league spokesman.

Glad we are all on the same page here. National broadcaster shouldn't be a fan and should st least pretend at being impartial. 

Are you professional in your job? That's what this is about. Asking suitor to be professional in his job.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Glad we are all on the same page here. National broadcaster shouldn't be a fan and should st least pretend at being impartial. 

Are you professional in your job? That's what this is about. Asking suitor to be professional in his job.

Suitor and professional ,in the same sentence? That ****** wouldn't know how if he googled it.