Riders didn't win another cup.

Dodge and Burn

9 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Riderfans really crowing up a storm about Sankey and Moncrief, some proclaiming that their defence will be better than the Bombers last year. Here are the facts as I see them...

Gainey, Purifoy, Micah, Woodard, Lacey, Henry > Sankey, Moncrief

We'll see what happens, but it almost looks like they're rebuilding, which would get everyone fired in a Grey Cup year.

I expect their offence to do pretty well this year, but I don't know what they have along the DL and in their secondary. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Why is that? Their OL I don't see as being upgraded and their RB signed in Ottawa...

As much as we **** on the guy, Duke will do well for them. Cody needs a guy who can catch contested balls and Duke will bring them in. 

They'll have a lot more consistency going into this year which was obviously in short supply for (most) teams in 2021. 

59 minutes ago, Jesse said:

As much as we **** on the guy, Duke will do well for them. Cody needs a guy who can catch contested balls and Duke will bring them in. 

They'll have a lot more consistency going into this year which was obviously in short supply for (most) teams in 2021. 

Ok so you base it on one receiver who catches jump balls... the ol and no rb are still a major concern.  

Fajardo is a very limited quarterback and they would have done better focusing on the ground game as opposed to receivers IMO. Fajardo ain't gonna ever be a passing wizard but you have a strong run game (which he would be part of) and focus on the short quick passes that is how you get the most out of him. So basically the opposite of Jason Maas.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Ok so you base it on one receiver who catches jump balls... the ol and no rb are still a major concern.  

Fajardo is a very limited quarterback and they would have done better focusing on the ground game as opposed to receivers IMO. Fajardo ain't gonna ever be a passing wizard but you have a strong run game (which he would be part of) and focus on the short quick passes that is how you get the most out of him. So basically the opposite of Jason Maas.

Not expecting them to be the second coming of Ricky Ray and Jason Tucker.

I certainly see a range of outcome that sees an offence going into it's second year together making some forward progress. 

Dust has settled on most of FA, and flying under the radar is the pretty staggering lack of NAT talent on the Riders. O'Day has a ton of work to do there. There starting 7 is a very generous of me below average, and I see no depth behind them at all. I get it, sounds like I'm piling on the RIders, but that is what this thread is for. I look at our losses this offseason and it hurts, but then I look at the Riders adds vs losses and it cheers me up quite a bit. Hope they stay quiet, but I think they have to make more moves...many more moves...just to field a roster that doesn't see Gainer in as a NAT roster counter.

44 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Dust has settled on most of FA, and flying under the radar is the pretty staggering lack of NAT talent on the Riders. O'Day has a ton of work to do there. There starting 7 is a very generous of me below average, and I see no depth behind them at all. I get it, sounds like I'm piling on the RIders, but that is what this thread is for. I look at our losses this offseason and it hurts, but then I look at the Riders adds vs losses and it cheers me up quite a bit. Hope they stay quiet, but I think they have to make more moves...many more moves...just to field a roster that doesn't see Gainer in as a NAT roster counter.

Every year, you predict the Riders are going to be bottom feeders, and every year they're among the top teams.

Maybe this is your year!

25 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Every year, you predict the Riders are going to be bottom feeders, and every year they're among the top teams.

Maybe this is your year!

The top teams lol....they've won one playoff game in almost a decade. I have been right a heck of a lot more than I've been wrong when it comes to the Riders sucking. Last year I picked them as a cross over team and I was wrong but mainly because I was way off base about Edmonton last year. This year I've got them as 3rd in the West and a one and done in the playoffs. You see them as better than that? To be clear, when I talk about the Riders it is in comparison to us and I think we are a much better team than they are.

I have to wonder why you would come to a Riders suck thread and criticize negative commentary about the Riders? Kinda what the thread was created for. Piling on the Riders might not be your cup of tea...that's fine...there are other threads.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I have been right a heck of a lot more than I've been wrong when it comes to the Riders sucking. Last year I picked them as a cross over team and I was wrong but mainly because I was way off base about Edmonton last year. This year I've got them as 3rd in the West and a one and done in the playoffs. You see them as better than that? To be clear, when I talk about the Riders it is in comparison to us and I think we are a much better team than they are.

I have to wonder why you would come to a Riders suck thread and criticize negative commentary about the Riders? Kinda what the thread was created for.

I just keep believing you and then they go out and win 13 games, lol. I'm trying to protect myself.

In fairness, they're obviously not playing on the same field as we are.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I just keep believing you and then they go out and win 13 games, lol. I'm trying to protect myself.

In fairness, they're obviously not playing on the same field as we are.

Keep the faith grasshopper. I may have underestimated their regular season performance the past couple years but come playoff time I've been bang on. They don't have the horses to win when it matters.

Edited by GCn20

5 hours ago, Nolby said:

Saskatchewan only beefed up their linebackers,they've not strengthened anywhere else. I see Sask fighting with BC for basement or will be dead last. BC got better everywhere else except qb and their OLine,Sask has done bare minimum. They've lost all their DBs,their d line is shot,receivers are very thin,Fajardo sucks.

Would disagree with that assessment. Duke Williams, a healthy Shaq Evans, Kyran Moore, and Kian Schaefer-Baker are a very solid top 4. Maybe the best quartet of any team in the league. 

21 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Would disagree with that assessment. Duke Williams, a healthy Shaq Evans, Kyran Moore, and Kian Schaefer-Baker are a very solid top 4. Maybe the best quartet of any team in the league. 

If Evans gets his game back....when Moore gets back...mid season...and if Schaefer Baker has a second solid season..kinda flamed out last part of season...and who's the other Canadian reciever and back up? Even Duke..let's see if in he Duke of 2018..

I'd take Bailey ..Ellingson ..Demski or whitehead..Burnham..Rhymes over their top 3...same with Weineke..Lewis..and Whatever their 3rd is

And then...online..what did they do to improve that pile of crap? Nothing...and their dline just got gutted and no clear replacement.

18 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I do enjoy that this board always pegs us to finish last or be worse than *insert team*.

It’s a Bomber board so I expect no different, more fun when we exceed expectations. 

The expectation is losing to the Bombers when it matters, riders are not exceeding anything, other teams are under acheiving.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd take Bailey ..Ellingson ..Demski or whitehead..Burnham..Rhymes over their top 3...

My argument was for top 4, not top 3, so you aren’t even arguing the same thing  

same with Weineke..Lewis..and Whatever their 3rd is

Not even being able to name their number 3 is not the way to convince me that they have a better top 4  

And then...online..what did they do to improve that pile of crap? Nothing...and their dline just got gutted and no clear replacement.

Again, this has nothing to do this the receiver debate, so accurate or not it isn’t relevant to the argument

56 minutes ago, Tracker said:

On paper.

Well, of course. Everything is speculative until the games begin and the bullets start flying. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever