Elks vs Champs pre game talk

Jpan85

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not an extra DI.  The only imports designated are the DI's, the rest are technically starters but you can always sub a Canadian in for one, can always play extra Canadians but limited to number of internationals on each side of the ball.  I'd guess we are going 5 NI's on O, 2 on D as our "starters" but could pretty easily go 6 and 1 based on the OL this week.

How do you find it to be 5 and 2? I see 7 and 1? Unless they dont actually start jake on D but thats how the roster is. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

How do you find it to be 5 and 2? I see 7 and 1? Unless they dont actually start jake on D but thats how the roster is. 

The depth chart doesn't matter, it's for media.  The only players reporting for subs are the DI's, that's who the team has to designate to the refs along with the 7 Canadian starters and which side of the ball they are on.  If you start 2 on D, you always need 2 Canadians on D minimum, but if you want to put 5 out there that's fine you just can't sub DI's (the non-starting internationals) in for Canadians on O and D.  On special teams there is no count.  The DI's are the players who have to report in when they sub so the refs can ensure the ratio is followed.

Asked what impresses him most about Winnipeg’s defence: “Not much at all. They have a great front, which makes it a lot easier for the defenders.”

Walker went on to say it’s not one of the better defences he’s seen. 
“I wouldn’t say one of the better defences. I’ve come across a lot of good defences that play very, very well. But they’re a very, very solid defence.”

The score was 30-3 in Winnipeg last week. A week earlier, 30-9 in B.C.. 
Six times in nine games, the Bombers have yielded less than 10 points.

“We’ve been killing ourselves every game offensively,” Walker said.

“Nothing that Winnipeg has been doing has been putting us in a situation to not win.”

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/legendary-stuff-bombers-aim-to-keep-historic-pace-rolling-against-elks

Edited by M.O.A.B.

27 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Asked what impresses him most about Winnipeg’s defence: “Not much at all. They have a great front, which makes it a lot easier for the defenders.”

“I wouldn’t say one of the better defences. I’ve come across a lot of good defences that play very, very well. But they’re a very, very solid defence.”

“Nothing that Winnipeg has been doing has been putting us in a situation to not win.”

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/legendary-stuff-bombers-aim-to-keep-historic-pace-rolling-against-elks

Could have been here chasing a Grey Cup. Enjoy the basement Derel.:1307_wave_tone3:

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The depth chart doesn't matter, it's for media.  The only players reporting for subs are the DI's, that's who the team has to designate to the refs along with the 7 Canadian starters and which side of the ball they are on.  If you start 2 on D, you always need 2 Canadians on D minimum, but if you want to put 5 out there that's fine you just can't sub DI's (the non-starting internationals) in for Canadians on O and D.  On special teams there is no count.  The DI's are the players who have to report in when they sub so the refs can ensure the ratio is followed.

I get that. But we arent going to go 2 NI on D on every snap. Itll be 1 and we'll rotate jake, kongbo, maybe hallet, and a lber. They arent going to feature 2 full time NIs on D this week. 

9 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

What a loser. 

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So your plan is to **** talk the defence that is making a mockery of the league? 

image.png?w=500&c=1

We have a hulk. BA, SMASH!. Our defenses secret is, theyre always angry. But I hope they play extra mean football tnite. 

Some serious clown content from Walker in that article. I guess he needs to brush up on his CFL history.

One of the most unforgiving defensive units in decades and his response is, to quote Shania Twain: "that don't impress me much."

A top tier receiver who's only managed 59 yards in two games against this defense... And now he's given them more fodder for tonight's matchup.

Grin GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

7 minutes ago, do or die said:

“I wouldn’t say one of the better defences. I’ve come across" 

Would like to know what Walker qualifies as one of the better ones....

No kidding. Just the old run-of-the-mill generational, statistically speaking, defense that is currently threatening records from 70+ years ago. They alright i guess. LMFAO. I would say that Walker is one of the bigger jackasses ive come across.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Back in 2019 and 2021 free-agency I was hoping we sign Derrell Walker. Now, I realized his ego and me-attitude is definitely not a "cultural fit" on the Bombers locker room. 

He intrigued the Bomber brass for awhile.....a short while, when he played hard to get, and the money he was asking didn't sit well....Whatever the schmoes (er uh elks) signed him for was obviously too much as per his play....Dodged a bullet I say

Edited by Stickem

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Some choose to do their talking off the field. 

Especially those who have been shut down and shut up on the field. I really want to see BA hit him soo hard he knocks him back 70 years into the past the last time a D this dominant played in the cfl. 

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

He intigued the Bomber brass for awhile.....a short while, when he played hard to get, and the money he was asking didn't sit well....Whatever the schmoes (er uh elks) signed him for was obviously too much as per his play....Dodged a bullet I say

180k, the highest paid wr in the league. 70k upfront. 

37 minutes ago, Stickem said:

He intigued the Bomber brass for awhile.....a short while, when he played hard to get, and the money he was asking didn't sit well....Whatever the schmoes (er uh elks) signed him for was obviously too much as per his play....Dodged a bullet I say

I think DW would have done MUCH better if he was a receiver here. 

Tell me I don't need to worry about the Elks QB tandem of Taylor Cornelius and Dakota Prukop .... Prukop really burned us in a pre-season game awhile back when he was an Argo, if I recall. But then, if he was really that good, Trestman/Milanovich would have kept him. And so would've the Stamps, you'd think. Because they know QBs.

Tell me I don't need to worry about pass protection for Zach because Yoshi is out. I mean, Buck will scheme for this by moving the launch points and using a formation more often that includes Mike Miller in the backfield for extra blocking, right?

Tell me I'm dreaming when I predict that Janarion Grant takes one to the house tonight! :)

Yoshi being out might be the only thing to worry about, but I'm perfectly fine with Neufeld out there for a game. He can play RT just fine...his only issue has ever been health, not quality of play. And Tui is a road grader, nasty SOB. I think we'll be just fine on O....

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yoshi being out might be the only thing to worry about, but I'm perfectly fine with Neufeld out there for a game. He can play RT just fine...his only issue has ever been health, not quality of play. And Tui is a road grader, nasty SOB. I think we'll be just fine on O....

It arguably improves the interior of the line... which could mean more Harris which slows down a pass rush bigtime anyway.