Elks vs Champs pre game talk

Jpan85

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

If Elks players can read what local and national media are saying about them......and they don't come out of the room breathing fire (at least for a while).....then a full house cleaning will be required..........

I think the janitorial crew is on the way....AND the Bombers have a huge fire extinguisher 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

We could probably clinch a cross over spot with some combination of eastern team loses too. I cant imagine that 8 wins wouldnt clinch a spot in the east this year.

Already calculated all of this. This is current and accurate going into Week 11. Had Montreal lost to Ottawa yesterday we would have clinched. But quite simply, a win on Friday and we are in the playoffs. See below for the breakdown:

So we have 16 points now. Calgary and BC can tie us in points and be ahead of us in the standings provided they win the season series. Saskatchewan and every Eastern team needs to get to 17 points minimum to pass us. Edmonton and Ottawa already cannot pass us based on the tiebreaking rules. So, although they have not mathematically clinched a crossover playoff spot yet, for the Bombers to miss the playoffs ALL of the the following needs to happen:

- Bombers lose every game from here on out, including to Calgary by 3 or more points and to BC by 22 or more points. 

- Edmonton loses every game from here on out

- Ottawa loses every game from here on out

- Other than games involving Winnipeg, Edmonton, orOttawa, the remaining 6 teams must all get exactly these records in games against each other for all of them to finish ahead of Winnipeg:

Sask: 1-1-1

Cal: 2-1

BC: 2-2

Tor: 1-2-1

Ham: 2-1-1

Mtl: 0-1-1

The odds of all of that happening are so small that I cannot compute it  To simplify things, no matter what else happens, if the Bombers win one more game they clinch a West playoff spot. Win 2 and they clinch a home playoff date. If one of those two wins is against BC, or even if they lose to BC by 20 points or less but still win 2 games, they will finish number 1 in the West. So they can clinch top spot in the West within 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, do or die said:

If Elks players can read what local and national media are saying about them......and they don't come out of the room breathing fire (at least for a while).....then a full house cleaning will be required..........

They might care more about the s**t show there management is right now and the "culture" within the organization. 

8 minutes ago, do or die said:

If they haven't read it a few weeks ago, maybe they don't have internet in Edmonton?

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I won't be all that surprised to lose this week, to be honest. Beating a team (even a bad one) three times is hard. Combine that with an embarrassed Elk team and all you need is one or two weird plays (a missed FG return here, a blocked punt there) to turn a game around.

Thing is, the Bombers gave them those things last week. Few missed field goals, uncharacteristic turnovers... and still curb stomped the Elks. 

I just have a hard time imagining that the bombers play that sloppy again. 

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If they haven't read it a few weeks ago, maybe they don't have internet in Edmonton?

Funny that Mike O’Shea says he blocks the internet for the players (OK, not really, but he tells them NOT to read their press clippings, both good and bad) so that they don’t hear all the outside noise and just get down to business on their own. And no culture problem here. Any player worth anything shouldn’t need the internet to tell them how they are doing to get their internal motivation. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Lawler should be back this week after his 1-game suspension. That should be a boost to the O. 
The only worry is if Hardrick can go. 

They actually did pretty good when Hardrick was out last game, and I would imagine that it gives us another Canadian started in that situation which could be a nice bonus somewhere else on the roster. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Lawler should be back this week after his 1-game suspension. That should be a boost to the O. 
The only worry is if Hardrick can go. 

Hardrick would be a big blow to our passing game. If that was the case, I would roll out 6 ol a LOT with gray in at TE over neufs side. 

I expect lawler to be as angry and motivated as we've seen him. He messed up, now its time to channel that into performance that makes people remember that he isnt his mistake. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hardrick would be a big blow to our passing game. If that was the case, I would roll out 6 ol a LOT with gray in at TE over neufs side

I expect lawler to be as angry and motivated as we've seen him. He messed up, now its time to channel that into performance that makes people remember that he isnt his mistake. 

Yup thinking about that. I think it make sense to start 4 OLs than starting a rookie American OT (if Hardrick cant go). 

Yeah...Lawler will be on a mission....and If Yoshi can't go and we bump out Neuf, and add Gray then yup we have another Import option. I'd like us to roster Rosie...see what he has in him, and if not that then Agudusi for a look. 

If we go on the defensive side I am sure they add either Walker or Antighua....now in a perfect situation we sit Mourtada...Give Leggs this opportunity and add an import on both sides of the ball.

If Leggs still looks like he cant do both and regresses as opposed to progressing then we look hard into all kicker options out there

Just now, Booch said:

Yeah...Lawler will be on a mission....and If Yoshi can't go and we bump out Neuf, and add Gray then yup we have another Import option. I'd like us to roster Rosie...see what he has in him, and if not that then Agudusi for a look. 

If we go on the defensive side I am sure they add either Walker or Antighua....now in a perfect situation we sit Mourtada...Give Leggs this opportunity and add an import on both sides of the ball.

If Leggs still looks like he cant do both and regresses as opposed to progressing then we look hard into all kicker options out there

I think one of the rookie DBs could be likely. It seems like our use of back up globals and NIs have been to get an extra one on the roster the last few weeks. Agudosi, rosie, and orange would all be great to get a look at.

But again, I wouldnt be surprised if it ended up that we kept mcknight on the roster. They are fascinated with him. 

Mauro would be nice to get back on the roster, but our teams play has been much better since the change. Maybe he wasnt being disciplined in his lane idk. 

Oyelola is also a guy I would love to see get a game. I think he could be a very good teams player very quickly with his athleticism. 

57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

But again, I wouldnt be surprised if it ended up that we kept mcknight on the roster. They are fascinated with him.

Wasn't flashy, but in fairness to McKnight he caught everything that was thrown to him (4/4).

Wasn't really put in a position to make a big play either on most of the throws, from what I recall.

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Wasn't flashy, but in fairness to McKnight he caught everything that was thrown to him (4/4).

Wasn't really put in a position to make a big play either on most of the throws, from what I recall.

yeah I don't know why people would be down on McKnight, he caught everything thrown his way. Seemed like the kind of solid game you expect from a replacement player. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yeah I don't know why people would be down on McKnight, he caught everything thrown his way. Seemed like the kind of solid game you expect from a replacement player. 

Game tape dissected by the coaching staff and feedback to this young man will help him grow. It would be interesting to know how many plusses and minuses the coaching staff gave him on executing his assignments last game.

22 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

bold move, cotton. 

Where does Harris land in the offseason?

Cotton Dodgeball GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I won't be all that surprised to lose this week, to be honest. Beating a team (even a bad one) three times is hard. Combine that with an embarrassed Elk team and all you need is one or two weird plays (a missed FG return here, a blocked punt there) to turn a game around.

If the Bombers get to the 10 yard line, and have old Mo kick FG's all nite on first down, we may have an issue.  Though he'd only have to hit four rouges to gain the margin of victory so even then....

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I think one of the rookie DBs could be likely. It seems like our use of back up globals and NIs have been to get an extra one on the roster the last few weeks. Agudosi, rosie, and orange would all be great to get a look at.

Mauro would be nice to get back on the roster, but our teams play has been much better since the change. Maybe he wasnt being disciplined in his lane idk. 

Oyelola is also a guy I would love to see get a game. I think he could be a very good teams player very quickly with his athleticism. 

Since we’re talking Globals, I’m wondering about Hanson’s status. He looked to injure a wing after his sack. He adds more to that DLine than many suspect.