Elks vs Champs pre game talk

Jpan85

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

A WPG win (9) this week will ensure us AT LEAST a 9-5 win loss record (probably 3rd best in the West) which CGY wont be able to match IF they will lose (6) this week since the best record that they will be able come up is 8-6 record.

We could probably clinch a cross over spot with some combination of eastern team loses too. I cant imagine that 8 wins wouldnt clinch a spot in the east this year.

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

I won't be all that surprised to lose this week, to be honest. Beating a team (even a bad one) three times is hard. Combine that with an embarrassed Elk team and all you need is one or two weird plays (a missed FG return here, a blocked punt there) to turn a game around.

u shut your dirty mouth!! hahaha

But yeah I hear ya..generally i may agree...with this squad....and more so that squad...I dont see it

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We could probably clinch a cross over spot with some combination of eastern team loses too. I cant imagine that 8 wins wouldn't clinch a spot in the east this year.

Not this week. Only MTL and OTT is playing this week. It's only a 5th loss by MTL if that happens. IIRC, West team need to have a better win/loss record to cross-over. No tie-breaker is in play. 

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

I won't be all that surprised to lose this week, to be honest. Beating a team (even a bad one) three times is hard. Combine that with an embarrassed Elk team and all you need is one or two weird plays (a missed FG return here, a blocked punt there) to turn a game around.

beating a pro team 3 weeks out of 5 is insanely hard. That said, if any team is ever doing it its this bomber team. And this esks team looks broken in many ways. 

I wouldnt bet against the bombers this year. I think they will be angry as ever. I dont see them letting up, especially the offense. 

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

that's true... but the problem for the Elks is they likely need about 5 or 6 of those weird plays to have any chance... this Bombers teams doesn't make that many mistakes...

For our best interest though. We want CGY to beat BC this week and beat SSK next week to give us a better opportunity to clinch the West Division before our next bye. 

Correction, regardless of what CGY or BC do this week, we just need to beat EDM this week and BC next week to clinch the division. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

For our best interest though. We want CGY to beat BC this week and beat SSK next week to give us a better opportunity to clinch the West Division before our next bye. 

Correction, regardless of what CGY or BC do this week, we just need to beat EDM this week and BC next week to clinch the division. 

Dang, going into the bye with 3 games to go having clinched the division final would be sick. Even then I dont think we'd have a let down game if home field advantage was on the line in the following week. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Dang, going into the bye with 3 games to go having clinched the division final would be sick. Even then I dont think we'd have a let down game if home field advantage was on the line in the following week. 

I would like it to happen so we can give some game (2nd half) time to the backups especially McGuire, Oliveira/Augustine and preserve Collaros and Harris for playoffs and Grey Cup.  

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

I would like it to happen so we can give some game (2nd half) time to the backups especially McGuire, Oliveira/Augustine and preserve Collaros and Harris for playoffs and Grey Cup.  

Same. I think you have to be careful with too much rest when you have the bye, but at the same time we gotta keep the guys safe and give the back ups and rotational players some chance to play. 

Of note I finally saw some 2 back set used with brady and johny as an Hback in our heavy run /first down package. I wouldnt be surprised to see a miss direction run with one of them in the next few weeks. Fake toss to harris and hand off or shovel to the hback. Dare to dream. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Same. I think you have to be careful with too much rest when you have the bye, but at the same time we gotta keep the guys safe and give the back ups and rotational players some chance to play. 

Of note I finally saw some 2 back set used with brady and johny as an Hback in our heavy run /first down package. I wouldnt be surprised to see a miss direction run with one of them in the next few weeks. Fake toss to harris and hand off or shovel to the hback. Dare to dream. 

After the bye, we only have 3 games left - back to back with Als and on the road against Cgy. Will definitely give the starters at least the half and how everything goes, the 3rd, then give the 4th to the backups on those games.  

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Barring a collapse of epic proportions....I don't see us hosting the West Final...even if we lose Collaros for a game or two....I'm not worried at all

That's odd... I was hoping we WOULD host the West Final...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Barring a collapse of epic proportions....I don't see us hosting the West Final...even if we lose Collaros for a game or two....I'm not worried at all

That's odd... I was hoping we WOULD host the West Final...

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

A WPG win (9) this week will ensure us AT LEAST a 9-5 win loss record (probably 3rd best in the West) which CGY wont be able to match IF they will lose (6) this week since the best record that they will be able come up is 8-6 record.

Yes, but even if Calgary wins, they still play Saskatchewan next week. If they lose then, then they go to six losses. If the Riders lose that game, they go to 5 losses and we would be 9-5 with the season series against them. So either way one of Calgary or Sask can’t pass us. All we need is a win and no matter what else happens we clinch a playoff spot. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yes, but even if Calgary wins, they still play Saskatchewan next week. If they lose then, then they go to six losses. If the Riders lose that game, they go to 5 losses and we would be 9-5 with the season series against them. So either way one of Calgary or Sask can’t pass us. All we need is a win and no matter what else happens we clinch a playoff spot. 

And what I'm saying is THIS WEEK. If we win and a CGY loss we clinch a playoff berth. 
CFL.ca will not put an beside the Bombers team if they don't officially clinch it yet. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

And what I'm saying is THIS WEEK. If we win and a CGY loss we clinch a playoff berth. 
CFL.ca will not put an beside the Bombers team if they don't officially clinch it yet. 

The Bombers will officially clinch THIS week if they win. It is a mathematical impossibility for them not to, even if the next game involving Calgary and Sask is in the future. But I get what you are saying about how the league does these things. They won’t put the “X” in until next week’s game, but they could and should after this Friday if the Bombers win. But 4D chess has never been their strong suit, just look at video review. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The Bombers will officially clinch THIS week if they win. It is a mathematical impossibility for them not to, even if the next game involving Calgary and Sask is in the future. But I get what you are saying about how the league does these things. They won’t put the “X” in until next week’s game, but they could and should after this Friday if the Bombers win. But 4D chess has never been their strong suit, just look at video review. 

You Got It GIFs | Tenor

As for time off IF we clinch early, how about fixing the kicking situation....I don't know when the trade cut off day is but we have to do something if Mourtada craps the bed again....We may have to try a couple of people out there if the kicking game isn't fixed....I hate the 'whistling past the graveyard' routine we've been doing lately with the kickers....It has to be resolved