Week 2 Practice Notes & Discussions

M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Worried about Grant being out a while since he was carried to the locker room at the half. Also not betting on Adams, Harris, or Wilson being back this week. 

Yeah none of those guys will be back this week. Include Johnson and probably Stove. I'm intrigue if Ezekiel Rose will be added this week to rotate with Sayles. 
Funny that, we lost DBs (Winston) Rose and (Marcus) Sayles but now we have DTs (Ezekiel) Rose and (Casey) Sayles on the roster. 

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Or possibly ArDarius Stewart with Nelson being primary returner

We need a backup returner in case Nelson goes down too. McKnight is also a kick returner.  

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Yeah none of those guys will be back this week. Include Johnson and probably Stove. I'm intrigue if Ezekiel Rose will be added this week to rotate with Sayles. 
Funny that, we lost DBs (Winston) Rose and (Marcus) Sayles but now we have DTs (Ezekiel) Rose and (Casey) Sayles on the roster. 

We need a backup returner in case Nelson goes down too. McKnight is also a kick returner.  

Hopeful on Stove and Willie. Anyone who gets pulled mid-game and then is not at practice is more concerning g than those who finish the game and then take a practice or two off. 

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Pretty sure the coaches and the players hate it. 

As they should. I think it's an incredibly entitled opinion to think we, as fans, somehow deserve this info. It's the players personal business... Their health. Nobody deserves that info. 

19 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Im sure we have someone that can return in case of injury. Ex. Demski. Probably others. Having a backup returner that is at the same level as your primary returner is a luxury. I'd rather have a more impact receiver on the field for every offensive snap.

That said it may be a moot point as Stewart still seems to be injured

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Im sure we have someone that can return in case of injury. Ex. Demski. Probably others. Having a backup returner that is at the same level as your primary returner is a luxury. I'd rather have a more impact receiver on the field for every offensive snap.

That said it may be a moot point as Stewart still seems to be injured

By all account, McKnight had a good camp too as a receiver. 

37 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

That's pretty trippy lol. 

Demski can return kicks as well. 

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As they should. I think it's an incredibly entitled opinion to think we, as fans, somehow deserve this info. It's the players personal business... Their health. Nobody deserves that info. 

With the banking  on betting the public owned teams and the fact its live entertainment does entitle people to have a reasonable idea as to who is starting. 

Imagine being a bc Mike Reilly fan and paying to go see them and Reilly is listed as starter then doesn't play. That's not acceptable in any form of paid live entertainment. 

The vague area of affliction and nature of the injury is fair to keep private. Fans have a right to know who is going to start \ play that game and if a guy is gonna be out for an extended period. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

McKnight looked to have all kinds of potential.  As bad as it is to lose a starter, sometimes a star emerges.

Edited by Tracker

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm sure they won't care when the gambling money saves the league and likely increases their salaries in the long run.

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm sure they won't care when the gambling money saves the league and likely increases their salaries in the long run.

my thirty year old nephew, nfl fan, is more interested in the cfl this year...... I expect its the betting, cause nothing else has changed.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

my thirty year old nephew, nfl fan, is more interested in the cfl this year...... I expect its the betting, cause nothing else has changed.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Idk how long it'll last but I see a big boom from casual and none interested people. 

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

They taped Stove’s ankle 2 or 3 times during the game, FWIW.

That's rough high ankle stuff is nasty. 

Luckily Sayles looks like a stud too. Hope stove can get healthy soon. 

7 hours ago, JCon said:

I have to say, this is 1000% better than the info we got before. To think, it took gambling money for the CFL (and CFLPA) to treat it's fans a bit better. 

When I used to play the TSN weekly lineups thing that Booch kicked butt on this week I was always so mad that there would be a guy on the starting roster that right before game time would go down and be out of the game during warm ups.  Glad to see the CFL catching up with the times.