Week 2 Practice Notes & Discussions

M.O.A.B.

Monday, August 9 12noon - 1:20pm
Tuesday, August 10  11:35am - 1:15pm
Wednesday, August 11 - Closed practice

Thursday, August 12 - Walkthrough: 10:50am – 11:45am

Friday, August 13 
Toronto Argonauts at Winnipeg Blue Bombers, 7:30 p.m. CT, IG Field, Winnipeg, MB

Saturday, August 14-Monday, August 16 - No practice/media availability

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Scouting the enemy. 

We are probably facing McBeth after his good performance against the Stamps. Thrown for 354yds with 2 TDs. He can scramble just like Collaros.
Seems like he doesn't rely too much on the running game. They only have 56 rushing yds last Friday and 24 of those is his.

In 2019, his stats against the Bombers:
388 yds  3 TDs   2 INTs    with only 37 rush yds by the RB
343 yds  3 TDs   0 INTs    with only 48 rush yds by the RBs

Our young secondary will really be tested this week especially the De Boundary (Dee Alford and Dea Nichols). 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

I thought T.O looked better than most, but our Lines will handle theirs easily, and I see Brady getting huge gobs of yards on them, and then Zack exploiting things...plus that tatse of how we effed up there last year is prob in the mouths and minds of the vets here still..I bet they lay a whooping

I dont really have any concern with our DLs and LBs. Yeah our secondary really need to step this game since the Argos has better receivers than the Ticats. 

Alford was beaten twice by Acklin last week. This week the De Boundary will be facing Daniels and Rogers who I think are a better receivers than Acklin and Tucker.  

Edited by M.O.A.B.

14 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Toronto really surprised and looked like the second best team in week 1 after us.

MBT is pretty underrated too. He's insane but a pretty good QB. Our D-line needs to get home or he could pick our secondary apart.

Toronto's O-line is average at best, and once they get cranked up, the Bomber D-line will pour through. For all his quirkiness,  MBT is a pretty good pivot, given a decent amount of time and good receivers. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

I dont really have any concern with our DL and LB. Yeah our secondary really need to step this game since the Argos has better receivers than the Ticats. 

Alford was beaten twice by Acklin last week. This week the De Boundary will be facing Daniels and Rogers who I think are a better receivers than Acklin and Tucker.  

beaten early...and the TD he played it perfect...thats a great play all around and if you cant fault him there....he was solid after. We may have Darby back this week...savvy vet, who is good, and has seen T.O offence in camp...he won't be caught off-guard

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

We may have Darby back this week...savvy vet, who is good, and has seen T.O offence in camp...he won't be caught off-guard

That is what I'm hoping for. I assume he will slot at the safety and Alexander will stay at SAM if Johnson is not good to go. 

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

beaten early...and the TD he played it perfect...thats a great play all around and if you cant fault him there....he was solid after. We may have Darby back this week...savvy vet, who is good, and has seen T.O offence in camp...he won't be caught off-guard

Yeh the guy who got beat for the TD was maybe a step away from having an interception... He had position on the pass, just jumped a tiny bit too early and couldn't secure the int.

When must Bombers disclose roster and injuries? What's Janarion Grant's status? And Josh Johnson? Will Kyrie Wilson be back this week? Darvin?

Are the practices open to the public now that COVID restrictions have been relaxed? They should be open IMHO. If you can have 30,000 for a game, and the Bomber Store of course is open, then you should be able to accommodate  a few prax watchers. 

27 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

When must Bombers disclose roster and injuries? What's Janarion Grant's status? And Josh Johnson? Will Kyrie Wilson be back this week? Darvin?

Are the practices open to the public now that COVID restrictions have been relaxed? They should be open IMHO. If you can have 30,000 for a game, and the Bomber Store of course is open, then you should be able to accommodate  a few prax watchers. 

I suspect we'll know more about those injuries today. They'll release an official "Injury Report" sometime after practice...and prior to that, we'll see tweets from Bauming and Irving that will have some insight from practice itself. 

26 minutes ago, Brandon said:

MBT is much better then what a few critics on here who have to resort to calling him crazy.  

Athletically he has a quick release  and a really strong arm,  he can make throws across the field with no issues.   I think this will be a perfect test to see where we are at.  

That's not a comment on his abilities as a football player. I assume you've heard some of his interviews....

Just now, Mark H. said:

That's not a comment on his abilities as a football player. I assume you've heard some of his interviews....

They played it out as if he's mentally all over the place when he's on the field as well.  Made it seem like he's up and down emotionally as a player.

I will say it's refreshing that TSN did point out that MBT did accumulate a lot of yards during garbage time last season which was true.   

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'm guessing Johnson will be out for a while. Concussion maybe? 

Looks like Grant and Maruo is practicing. 

Maruo tweeted on Friday that he was good - he took a pretty decent shot on ST that took his helmet off.  They probably kept him out just as a precautionary measure.

Johnson got hurt making a tackle but it was his arm - my 1st reaction was he broke it based on the way it just kinda flopped over when they hit the ground.

30 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Maruo tweeted on Friday that he was good - he took a pretty decent shot on ST that took his helmet off.  They probably kept him out just as a precautionary measure.

Johnson got hurt making a tackle but it was his arm - my 1st reaction was he broke it based on the way it just kinda flopped over when they hit the ground.

Thought it was the head or neck.