Game 1 vs Ti-Cats Depth Charts

Jpan85

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That receiving corps is stinky. Even more unproven guys than we have. Tucker, Ungerer, Marshall? And theyre all 5'10"!

"smurfs"

Hope the team isnt as dismissive of hamilton as mbb is.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I’ll preface this by saying I know Stewart and Meredith are banged up, but I really am whelmed that we had two years to improve our receiving core and we are trotting out Nelson and Bailey week 1.

I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed

Patience. Remember this is still just a glorified preseason game. This year more than any the real season won't start until labour day 

Important to get that first game in the win column...sends a message....especially when we're hurting a bit (Andrew and Adams)....Our kicking game could be a bit of a concern considering we're trotting out a newbie and a recent cut BUT should be okay...Can't wait till tomorrow to see how everything shakes down....Could be a few gaffs from both clubs in the opener and this is essentially a preseason but also a 2 pointer..GOBIGBLUE..... keep the Cup memory ALIVE

Re: the receivers... I'm also slightly underwhelmed by Nelson... but I am looking forward to seeing what Baily can do in an increased role.... Lawler could be a force this year... Demski and Wolly are going to continue doing their thing... overall solid group, but there's always room for improvement... 

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Keep in mind... Couture (hand), Jefferson (ankle) and Miller (illness) are marked as QUESTIONABLE for tomorrow. 

Because there’s no probable on CFL injury reporters. If they were on the injury report this week, they have to be marked as questionable, doubtful or out.

Which is stupid as hell. But they’re all playing.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Because there’s no probable on CFL injury reporters. If they were on the injury report this week, they have to be marked as questionable, doubtful or out.

Which is stupid as hell. But they’re all playing.

Pretty much the same as nfl

10 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

No Ted Laurant, no Addison, and fresh meat at tackle.

No meat could ever have been fresher than that one season opener against Hamilton where the Bomber D made Simeon Rottier into a human turnstyle.  Now THAT was fun to watch....

9 hours ago, BBlink said:

This year we were always going to start with as many vets as possible, regardless of how good the new guys in camp were.

By the end of the season the cream will rise to the top.

Good point.  The turnover of players during a regular season is huge, something we usually always forget or choose not to remember.  A guy on the P/R right now might end up being the Grey Cup MOP.  

Doug Brown was on OB last last and hinted (well,downright said) that Van Zeyl’s absence was due to the “game day flu” a.k.a. afraid to line up against Willie Jefferson again after the Grey Cup domination so opted out. Brown said he has seen it multiple times in his playing days where an unfavourable match-up led to a sudden “injury” and game absence to the lesser combatant.