Covid-19

JCon

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-update-tuesday-july-21-1.5657582

good example... I read a bunch of Facebook comments about wear masks dummies and a bunch of criticisms of the general populace but four cases outside colonies is well within the planned reopening numbers 

we are turning into a society of ‘deniers’ or ‘I told you soers’ it’s sad to watch...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-update-tuesday-july-21-1.5657582

good example... I read a bunch of Facebook comments about wear masks dummies and a bunch of criticisms of the general populace but four cases outside colonies is well within the planned reopening numbers 

we are turning into a society of ‘deniers’ or ‘I told you soers’ it’s sad to watch...

You seriously believe Hutterites are not being criticized over this?  I mean, maybe not so much from the media, but we are hearing it with intensity from the general population.  One example: We got a call from Shopper's Drugmart just today.  Several of our members had prescriptions to pick up, and they wanted just one person to come pick them up.  Which is hilarious, because that's what usually happens anyway.  In another colony, someone's dentist appointment was cancelled, just because they're a Hutterite - no positive cases in their community.  There's been other harsher stuff that I'd rather not mention. 

24 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

You seriously believe Hutterites are not being criticized over this?  I mean, maybe not so much from the media, but we are hearing it with intensity from the general population.  One example: We got a call from Shopper's Drugmart just today.  Several of our members had prescriptions to pick up, and they wanted just one person to come pick them up.  Which is hilarious, because that's what usually happens anyway.  In another colony, someone's dentist appointment was cancelled, just because they're a Hutterite - no positive cases in their community.  There's been other harsher stuff that I'd rather not mention. 

Hey I’m sorry but that’s just the way it is now... we’ve had no cases for three months and everyone calls the health inspector if you organize any event in the Yukon... people freak out about US license plates, etc

thats actually my point about covidiots and generalizations 

53 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

You seriously believe Hutterites are not being criticized over this?  I mean, maybe not so much from the media, but we are hearing it with intensity from the general population.

My experiences have been that hutterites are near the top of "groups" that are stereotyped / looked upon negatively by the general community. I'd assume a lot of the harsh reaction probably comes with the general negative opinion that most people have of hutterites. 

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My experiences have been that hutterites are near the top of "groups" that are stereotyped / looked upon negatively by the general community. I'd assume a lot of the harsh reaction probably comes with the general negative opinion that most people have of hutterites. 

True. Mostly from those who know very little about us - nor do they really care to find out.  

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah the wife and I made some plans to travel to Kelowna next month but we're not sure given the rise in cases there and in Alberta if that's gonna happen now. 

People just all assumed this **** was over and got careless and this is what happens. 

Humans are stupid. It's a wonder we got to where we are on the evolutionary scale. 

how about the cases in calgary linked to one apartment building? Granted that was a few weeks ago so outnofnthe news cycle. 

How about a series of cases linked to a restaurant in calgary? Been some fitness classes linked to a series of cases too. 

You try very very hard to lump things into these little groups as if it is contained to just them, but that does not take into account that this thing spreads quickly if people aren't careful. I mean I spent last week working on a site on a hutteritw colony. Now I don't know if they are dealing with an outbreak and we didn't have much if any interaction with them, but what if some of the 10 or so of us on that site caught something there and then went about our lives? That's 3 companies it could have spread to, all those families and their connected networks... 

This is why we must remain vigilant and not engage in risky behavior. 

9 hours ago, Mark H. said:

True. Mostly from those who know very little about us - nor do they really care to find out.  

Great article (as usual) from Melissa Martin today.  https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/special/coronavirus/hutterites-deserve-respect-not-stigma-571854451.html

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

This is an aside, but her articles are usually good and often great. She is one of the few writers at that paper that I will stop to read, regardless of the topic.

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Everyone likes hutterites just before Thanksgiving ha...

Ugh...  I see some of my cousins on facebook posting 'don't blame the hutterites'...  I guess it is becoming an issue in Manitoba now.  Sorry to hear that.

Here is the truth behind the covid statistics...

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/7/22/california_covid_19_latinx_community?fbclid=IwAR0uxS0jOFu42NGr881_Lz7Lv5RIdH8zuH4jfUI-E1FxqKR9WyeddTRUiDk

The California spike is because we want people to work for nothing and live in squalor so that we can have cheap fruit and vegetables.

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This is an aside, but her articles are usually good and often great. She is one of the few writers at that paper that I will stop to read, regardless of the topic.

She also a top notch reporter and researcher.  She finds out who the primary source is, and that is the first person she interviews.  I am good friends with the people she mentions in the article.  

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The way this is being reported is discouraging people from getting tested.  The government needs to clue in at some point.  In other news, cases remain confined to 3 colonies. 

Sincerely hope you and your loved ones are as safe and healthy as possible, my friend. Here's hoping all of this gets cleared up as soon as possible. I've heard the testing sites (only 3 in the province????) have wait times of 4 hours right now. That is wildly unacceptable, if true. In AB, you book your appointment, show up at your scheduled time, and you're in and out in 15 minutes, tops. I had mine done at the end of May (asymptomatic - came back negative as expected) and it was a rather pleasant experience. Fast and easy.

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm not sure its discouraging people from being tested. Apparently more people are going in, the problem is as Noeller stated, not enough sites and wait times that are too long.

Read today that they're setting up a new one in Russell that's going to be open 10-2 daily....