Covid-19

JCon

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

And let’s not forget...Ontario said no to hosting Blue Jay baseball during these times. 👍

Toronto and Ontario gave the okay for the Blue Jays to play home games in Toronto. It was the Feds that nixed it.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

My initial post stated that n95 can be reused as the dental office my step daughter works at is reusing them effectively.  Therefore it is possible - addressing Speedflex's concerns.

You chimed in that they 'supposed' to be single use... a point which literally no one was arguing against.

But sure congratulations.

Hey don't be salty that you took a swing at me after you posted a piece that basically confirms what I was saying. 

There was a debate about re-using N95s, I chimed in with what was going on simple as that. 

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I love how you're deeply trying to be part of this conversation.... ha

Yes Mr. Dee you are more of an N95 expert than the dentist my step daughter works for - a dental office that was deemed a necessary service and has been open all pandemic...  is that what you would like me to say?  

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hey don't be salty that you took a swing at me after you posted a piece that basically confirms what I was saying. 

There was a debate about re-using N95s, I chimed in with what was going on simple as that. 

Haha... no the link confirmed what I was saying - medical experts are using paper bags as a means of reusing n95 masks.  It still confirms that.  

There was no debate - I simply stated that n95 masks are technically reuseable - several people mistakenly disagreed based on incorrect assumptions and then even after I posted a link correcting them, you guys are still managing to be 'right' by adding imaginary claims to my post.

Like the post I just quoted.

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I love how you're deeply trying to be part of this conversation.... ha

Yes Mr. Dee you are more of an N95 expert than the dentist my step daughter works for - a dental office that was deemed a necessary service and has been open all pandemic...  is that what you would like me to say?  

I don’t know why, when you’re pinned down on the information you supply, that you double down on it without thinking it through.

Oh well, at least you think you’re engaging.

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I don’t know why, when you’re pinned down on the information you supply, that you double down on it without thinking it through.

Oh well, at least you think you’re engaging.

I went down the Mr. Dee rabbithole of twisted logic once... I'll pass this time thanks.

Medical professionals are re-using n95 masks by storing them in paper bags... this is a basic fact.  Its not a claim or debate.

The CDC site covers all the information you need - including exactly how to properly handle and store n95 masks - in paper bags - for reuse.

Yes its better to throw them away after one use... unless its a pandemic and a supply shortage.

I just have no idea what you are trying to argue - or what additional words you are reading in my two original posts.  But hey if you want to pat yourself on the back or endear yourself to one of the more popular posters on here... go right ahead.

Edited by Floyd

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

845-F27-AC-E85-D-46-CF-A392-9-AAEE91-FD7

In the time it took you to google search that gif... you could have just checked my two actual posts about n95 masks and then apologized for posting incorrect information.

Edited by Floyd

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Actually reusing an n95 mask is more about consideration for other people since supplies are strained...

Supplies may be strained but I bet cost is a consideration.

You completely made this up and have zero knowledge of the n95 medical supply chain - dental offices are not 'skimping' on PPE just to save some money... this is just an asinine assumption to make 

If you have four masks, you basically rotate their use each day and store the others in a paper bag in a clean environment.

Not really...see below 

The actual instructions are in the CDC document.  This is literally on the first page of the document...

• Hang used respirators in a designated storage area or keep them in a clean, breathable container such as a paper bag between uses. To minimize potential cross-contamination, store respirators so that they do not touch each other and the person using the respirator is clearly identified. Storage containers should be disposed of or cleaned regularly.

Yes in a perfect world they are single use... but they remain effective for a month - so instead of wasting 28 n95 masks or more - you use four in a month.

N95 respirators can be safely decontaminated without undermining functional integrity only two or three times, a government study showed.Apr 15, 2020

I provided you with the official CDC document - yet simply to prove that you didn't even skim through it, you cite an article from a quick google search... smh.

ONCE AGAIN... in the CDC document that you failed to read...

If no manufacturer guidance is available, preliminary data(1920) suggests limiting the number of reuses to no more than five uses per device to ensure an adequate safety margin. 

So given that this is the advice for a medical professionals and in EVERY set of policies they always suggest conservative regulations - telling a bus driver (Speedflex) that he can use four masks over a month... pretty reasonable - given that he's already social distancing.

Four masks covers four weeks of work days.  That is a month.  The end.  Again.

I guess I am going down the rabbit hole... answers in red above.

That's enough education for today.  Go back to posting articles - its your strength.  Run with it.

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

Actually reusing an n95 mask is more about consideration for other people since supplies are strained...

If you have four masks, you basically rotate their use each day and store the others in a paper bag in a clean environment.

Yes in a perfect world they are single use... but they remain effective for a month - so instead of wasting 28 n95 masks or more - you use four in a month.

Not sure what is so deeply offensive about this basic scientifically proven concept.

This topic is not so trivial as you initially seemed to claim. There are a multitude of factors when it comes to reusing a particulate filtration mask like the N95 variety, which is something I learned when I became an OHS member at my workplace back in 2015. Sanitation and contamination are two significant factors that must be considered when reusing masks. The slightest mishandling can result in the mask's efficacy being compromised, either by touching it with contaminated hands, exposure to dust or moisture, or improper donning methods and storage methods. It's not just a matter of rotating them on a daily basis and chucking them in a paper bag until the next use.

Also, nobody's offended; we're all here discussing the pandemic.

13 hours ago, Floyd said:

I went down the Mr. Dee rabbithole of twisted logic once... I'll pass this time thanks.

Medical professionals are re-using n95 masks by storing them in paper bags... this is a basic fact.  Its not a claim or debate.

The CDC site covers all the information you need - including exactly how to properly handle and store n95 masks - in paper bags - for reuse.

Yes its better to throw them away after one use... unless its a pandemic and a supply shortage.

I just have no idea what you are trying to argue - or what additional words you are reading in my two original posts.  But hey if you want to pat yourself on the back or endear yourself to one of the more popular posters on here... go right ahead.

No health care professional is using them twice at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary where my wife works.  Cancer patients have compromised immune systems from chemo & radiation therapy. No physician or nurse in their right mind would ever wear a used N95 mask treating them & putting their lives at risk. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No physician or nurse in their right mind would ever wear a used N95 mask treating them & putting their lives at risk. 

They might if it was a case of kotnhaving enough supplies. 

My company has basically said they can't source N95 masks. not really a big deal since what we wear half masks or full face masks anyway. My wife works at SAIT and for them the price of sourcing procedural masks has gone up exponentially. And when you need millions of masks it adds up quick when they can be over a dollar per mask just because everyone is buying masks so prices jump.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No health care professional is using them twice at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary where my wife works.  Cancer patients have compromised immune systems from chemo & radiation therapy. No physician or nurse in their right mind would ever wear a used N95 mask treating them & putting their lives at risk. 

Well no kidding.

but you’re talking about driving a school bus no?  Or do you work with cancer patients too

But when I sat medical personnel are reusing masks - it’s just true that’s all - never claimed ER doctors or cancer care nurses should ... 

I just wanted you to stop complaining 

Has anyone else seen the video that all the major social media platforms keep removing?  What a crock of **** 

A group of people claiming to be doctors telling us that hydrochlorique (sp) works for treating Covid 19.  All we have to do is take it, and everything will be over in 30 days.  

No evidence, no data, not even one visual.  

The BLM heckler at the end is the highlight. 

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

Well no kidding.

but you’re talking about driving a school bus no?  Or do you work with cancer patients too

But when I sat medical personnel are reusing masks - it’s just true that’s all - never claimed ER doctors or cancer care nurses should ... 

I just wanted you to stop complaining 

And I want you to stop acting like the resident expert here on everything.

Not sure if it was posted yesterday, but the entire city of Toronto (3 million + people...) had exactly 1 confirmed case yesterday. Ontario has finally got **** figured out. Alberta has had 4 consecutive days of declining numbers. Too soon to celebrate, but here's hoping the message regarding masks and better social distancing in public is starting to get through...

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And I want you to stop acting like the resident expert here on everything.

No I just happen to actually read articles instead of headlines.

Wear whatever you like..  I was just providing a real life example as an option... but you like to piss and moan.  I get it.