Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I wonder if Kelowna had some covid parties... like down in the states?  Nothing shocks me about Kelowna... 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-cases-triple-young-people-1.5658323

Wasn't Covid parties, but it was July 1st and some pub hopping was going on. That's why it's spread around to a few locations and why it's mostly younger people.

Kelowna is a nice place to live and, normally, a great place to visit.

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm not sure its discouraging people from being tested. Apparently more people are going in, the problem is as Noeller stated, not enough sites and wait times that are too long.

What meant was, there are Hutterites who don’t want to get tested, because if they’re positive it will be announced as another Hutterite case. Perception is 9/10s of reality. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Sincerely hope you and your loved ones are as safe and healthy as possible, my friend. Here's hoping all of this gets cleared up as soon as possible. I've heard the testing sites (only 3 in the province????) have wait times of 4 hours right now. That is wildly unacceptable, if true. In AB, you book your appointment, show up at your scheduled time, and you're in and out in 15 minutes, tops. I had mine done at the end of May (asymptomatic - came back negative as expected) and it was a rather pleasant experience. Fast and easy.

We are safe so far - we’re locked down for two weeks and have had no contact with people who tested positive.  But some of the cases have become very serious.  Some people describe it as “there were a couple of days where I didn’t what to live.”  I hope the number of people who are taking this seriously - is rising exponentially.  It’s time to stop the silliness and the conspiracy theories. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/covid-19-in-sask-july-22-1.5659124?fbclid=IwAR2utYoLX9GleVucDqmrjeUJ1ClynJhTkB1GZWIvry-yRTSnpBVzoyRgtcE

So on the news we hear '60 new cases' like covid is out of control in Sask... and then 43 of those are in one colony.

19 colonies have covid in Sask.  This is not attacking one group... its just a plain fact.  

1 hour ago, tacklewasher said:

Wasn't Covid parties, but it was July 1st and some pub hopping was going on. That's why it's spread around to a few locations and why it's mostly younger people.

Kelowna is a nice place to live and, normally, a great place to visit.

Oh Kelowna is fun and beautiful... but people are nuts there - I'm fine with that.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/covid-19-in-sask-july-22-1.5659124?fbclid=IwAR2utYoLX9GleVucDqmrjeUJ1ClynJhTkB1GZWIvry-yRTSnpBVzoyRgtcE

So on the news we hear '60 new cases' like covid is out of control in Sask... and then 43 of those are in one colony.

19 colonies have covid in Sask.  This is not attacking one group... its just a plain fact.  

Of course it’s a fact.  But in MB, for all other groups, only the health region is mentioned - that is also a plain fact.  

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Of course it’s a fact.  But in MB, for all other groups, only the health region is mentioned - that is also a plain fact.  

They single out travellers and mention where they same from... you’re saying they shouldn’t tell people the outbreak is on colonies???  You have different rules from the rest of society why punish everyone if it’s directly related to your communal style of living?  Makes no sense

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-july-23-covid-19-1.5659882

The latest:

• B.C. puts new rules on restaurants, bars, nightclubs amid rising coronavirus numbers.
  • Confirmed global cases pass 15 million, with U.S. death toll rising again.
  • Republicans ready to put forth latest U.S. coronavirus aid package after bickering.
  • Bolivia first responders clear hundreds of bodies in recent days in La Paz, Santa Cruz.
  • Tokyo dealing with rise in cases as a long weekend approaches.
  • South Africa excess death study reveals toll of coronavirus.

The US also cracked 1,100 deaths for a second straight day.

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Sincerely hope you and your loved ones are as safe and healthy as possible, my friend. Here's hoping all of this gets cleared up as soon as possible. I've heard the testing sites (only 3 in the province????) have wait times of 4 hours right now. That is wildly unacceptable, if true. In AB, you book your appointment, show up at your scheduled time, and you're in and out in 15 minutes, tops. I had mine done at the end of May (asymptomatic - came back negative as expected) and it was a rather pleasant experience. Fast and easy.

There are 3 testing sites in the Southern Health Region and a total of 19 in the province.

https://manitoba.ca/covid19/updates/testing.html#list

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

The province wouldn't even identify the trucking company in Brandon that had the outbreak.  Journalists had to dig that up.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I’d like to hear what all those people who were praising Ron DeSantis for such a wonderful job he was doing just a few weeks ago, say now. 

A public health employee predicted Florida's coronavirus catastrophe — then she was fired: 'This is everything I was trying to warn people about'
https://news.yahoo.com/a-public-health-employee-predicted-floridas-coronavirus-catastrophe-then-she-was-fired-this-is-everything-i-was-trying-to-warn-184810565.html

21 hours ago, Floyd said:

I wonder if Kelowna had some covid parties... like down in the states?  Nothing shocks me about Kelowna... 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-cases-triple-young-people-1.5658323

The Kelowna Mayor yesterday telling outsiders to stay away like somehow it's always vacationers who bring the Covid virus in. Like none of the local yokel teens & twenty somethings that live there don't party, all social distance & wear masks. There are 150,000 people in Kelowna. Ya think it's possible Kelowna residents who travelled also brought the virus back with them??? I hate politicians like that looking for scapegoats.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

51 minutes ago, Goalie said:

GFs mom tested positive 2 days ago. I had to go tested yesterday. Not fun. She had no symptoms.. Zero none. Waiting for my results. Should be today. Personally feeling a bit off. 

Turns out.. No corona. Thank god. 

That's good news.

Now what do i do with stake, rope and tinder?