Covid-19

JCon

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

WORKS FOR ME!

Worked on me           

Pass the fart salad...

On 2020-07-17 at 5:29 PM, 17to85 said:

I said nothing of masks... I said wash your hands and no face touching. To be honest I think the recirculated air is the ast thing to be concerned with. Common touch points are big, people breathing heavy in your personal space, that kind of thing. 

But hey if people wear a mask working out that's fine. I see guys do hard physical labour in full face respirators all the time so why not go to the gym?

No the science actually demonstrates how covid spreads in recirculated air in a contained space - common touch points are far less worry

On 2020-07-15 at 11:56 AM, Mr Dee said:

News: Chris Wallace will be interviewing President Trump for his Fox News Sunday show. 
The interview will air this Sunday.

Chris Wallace did pretty good with the ever dodging Trump.

Trump:
“I will be right..eventually.” (On the pandemic)
“I’ve been right..probably more than anybody else.“
“You need immunity for the police.“
“I don’t care what the military says.“
“We won 2 world wars, 2 world wars, beautiful world wars...“
“Our children in school are taught to hate their country” (by the liberal left)
👁‍🗨 Then babbles for a while.
👁‍🗨 Wallace then shows him polls on his being behind Biden, but Trump insists they’re fake polls.
“We have polls where we’re leading”

“Fox polls get it wrong in every poll I’ve ever seen”.     
“To be president you have to be sharp and tough and so many other things”
On Biden “Joe doesn’t know he’s alive.”
“We’ve saved millions of lives.”
“States are not allowing our rallies and it’s not because of the virus”. (Democratic States)
👁‍🗨 There was a lot of self-praising.
👁‍🗨 Then they discussed his niece’s book. (“That book is a lie”)
“I don’t think I’m going to lose at all.”
“I’ve done more than any President in history in 3 1/2 years”
“I’ve been unfairly treated”
👁‍🗨 All Trump did in this interview was show how much of a con man and deflector he is. He is not an intelligent man.

I Was a Military COVID Planner. Trust Me: Texas Is in Deep, Deep Trouble

Things are pretty bad right now in the Lone Star State. But the real pain is likely to come during hurricane season, when as many as 19 named storms are projected to hit.

Like many of my fellow Texans, I was shocked when Senator Ted Cruz was recently spotted not wearing a mask on a flight from Dallas to Houston as COVID-19 cases were spiking across the state. Pandemic petulance is pretty on brand for the junior senator, but his latest fit of obstinacy comes at a particularly dangerous time: hurricane season.

This is a personal issue for me. Up until my recent retirement from the Army, I served as a COVID-19 crisis planner at NORTHCOM in Colorado Springs. I was part of the team managing this crisis since January, when we first started evacuating U.S. citizens out of China. Further, my active duty military career was bifurcated by a stint in the Army Reserves. During that time, I worked in Emergency Management at the state and local level in Texas. I was in the Texas Emergency Operations Center on Sept. 11, and I’ve worked disasters all over, including several hurricanes. 

And a hurricane in the middle of a pandemic was very much on our minds at NORTHCOM. We started calling it the COVICANE. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is calling for an above-average Atlantic Hurricane Season this year with a possibility of 19 named storms. We based some of our planning off Hurricane Harvey, which struck Cruz’s hometown of Houston in 2017. Typically, the National Guard and some active duty forces respond to hurricanes to provide things like search and rescue, engineering, and medical support. Rooftop helicopter rescues make for dramatic footage, but the truth is that the military does not do the bulk of the work. Instead, volunteer organizations like the Red Cross lead the effort by managing shelters, feeding the hungry, and processing displaced families. My team looked at how COVID-19 might impact volunteers. What we found was scary.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/i-was-a-military-covid-planner-trust-me-texas-is-in-deep-deep-trouble?ref=home

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Chris Wallace did pretty good with the ever dodging Trump.

Trump:
“I’ve done more than any President in history in 3 1/2 years”

👁‍🗨 All Trump did in this interview was show how much of a con man and deflector he is. He is not an intelligent man.

Unfortunately, in this instance, Trump was correct, but for all the wrong reasons. He has screwed up so many things.

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Yeah, I recognize his two week signature phrases...

Trump is desperate now and resorting to anything that holds a possibility of turning his fortunes around. He is convinced that destroying Obamacare (the ACA) will do it. Whenever Trump is cornered, he doubles down and lies.

So, millions of American workers are going to have their stimulus money running out, facing eviction on rentals, and a wave of job cuts from companies.....and Trump still pushing the payroll tax cut.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/508011-trump-says-he-might-not-sign-coronavirus-bill-without-payroll-tax-cut

Edited by do or die

54 minutes ago, do or die said:

So, millions of American workers are going to have their stimulus money running out, facing eviction on rentals, and a wave of job cuts from companies.....and Trump still pushing the payroll tax cut.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/508011-trump-says-he-might-not-sign-coronavirus-bill-without-payroll-tax-cut

I still say the Trump republicans will make the ultimate heel-turn (if that's even possible anymore) and use covid as an excuse to suppress the minority vote in November

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Remarkable numbers. 
Keep the border closed..

Lol no it's because the attitude down south is terrible in certain places.  

I watched a few videos online last night of different places holding concerts and mega parties.  

In Dallas -   

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

America is so broken right now.

I like travelling the in the States but have no desire to do so for the foreseeable future.

I simply want to re-stock on my Cherry Coke and clothes/shoes for the kids and then I'd be good for not going to the States for a long while.