Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Bombers recruiting Derel Walker

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd be willing to bet that at the very least, TC will be delayed at this point. With a real possibility that the season is shortened. 

No shortened season, Grey Cup the day after boxing day 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I'm not watching hockey in July 

Even late May and June get pretty lame once it starts getting nice out. The obvious exception being the Jets in it... I don't think I watched a single playoff game after May Long Weekend last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Or we would be the longest regining Grey Cup Champs in History...... 12+ straight months lol

That would be the Hamilton Tigers, who won the cup in 1915 and, because of the First World War and rule disputes in 1919, retained possession until the next Grey Cup game in 1920. Can't see this corona-virus being that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

That would be the Hamilton Tigers, who won the cup in 1915 and, because of the First World War and rule disputes in 1919, retained possession until the next Grey Cup game in 1920. Can't see this corona-virus being that bad.

Way to ruin my parade 🤣

Fine.... longest in current history 

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happened to this guy.....seems like he fell off the earth...I see that the Esks. have signed Armanti Edwards today....not a bad little receiver...Thought they might be in the Walker game.....I doubt they'd be now with the inking of Edwards

Edited by Stickem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Whatever happened to this guy.....seems like he fell off the earth...I see that the Esks. have signed Armanti Edwards today....not a bad little receiver...Thought they might be in the Walker game.....I doubt they'd be now with the inking of Edwards

With the uncertainty of whether there will be a season and no XFL as a fallback Im surprised Derel doesn't jump on whoever is willing to give him the biggest signing bonus right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-13 at 6:50 PM, Dirty30 said:

The Argos would be screwed if the NHL and NBA seasons were extended. 

The 8 Argos fans would be alone in the stands if every other pro league in the country didn't play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regular season starts Labour Day. Play a 12 week schedule.  All regular season games played in Canada. Then switch the playoff games to Arizona & California with the Grey Cup played in the SW or California before Christmas Day. If empty stadiums are to be used, this makes perfect sense as college stadiums will be empty except for the Bowl games.  That would allow us to extend the season so late. Just a thought. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-04-10 at 5:50 PM, Colin Unger said:

With the uncertainty of whether there will be a season and no XFL as a fallback Im surprised Derel doesn't jump on whoever is willing to give him the biggest signing bonus right now.

Unless he personally really needs the money, he'd be selling himself short by doing this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Regular season starts Labour Day. Play a 12 week schedule.  All regular season games played in Canada. Then switch the playoff games to Arizona & California with the Grey Cup played in the SW or California before Christmas Day. If empty stadiums are to be used, this makes perfect sense as college stadiums will be empty except for the Bowl games.  That would allow us to extend the season so late. Just a thought. 

That's just dumb.  Play for the Grey Cup in the US?   No thanks.  And even if this was a good idea (which it isn't), how many US stadium fields can be adapted to allow for Canadian demensions?  I'm thinking that there cant be that many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More and more, I'm leaning toward scrapping the 2020 season. The border isn't going to be open in time for the US players to get up here, and they aren't going to allow fans for at least a year, if not more....and the CFL isn't a league that can get by without fans in attendance. At this point, I think we'd be lucky to only lose 1 season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

More and more, I'm leaning toward scrapping the 2020 season. The border isn't going to be open in time for the US players to get up here, and they aren't going to allow fans for at least a year, if not more....and the CFL isn't a league that can get by without fans in attendance. At this point, I think we'd be lucky to only lose 1 season...

I’m almost at that point. Sad really, but it seems inevitable. 
It almost seems surreal.

At the very least, we go through this after achieving our goal, and that was winning the league prize. They cannot take that away, nor attach an asterisk to it.
It’s a clean, deserved win...and it’s ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a call from the Bombers couple days ago and the lady told me they are planning on starting the season on July 1st as of right now. She did also indicate that anything could happen before that lol! I guess they know as much as anyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...