Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bearpants

Bombers Unveil Offensive Coaching Staff

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I'm a bit surprised that Costanza wasn't given the receivers coach position.  The Stamps receiving corps has been elite for a few years.  Their back ups seem to come in for injured players and they don't seem to miss a beat.

I was surprised as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure he was quoted as wanting to do something different, as he’d been the receivers coach for 12 straight years in Cgy.  Plus it gives him another cfl level coaching position on the resume for when a coordinator job opens up.  Also suspect his input on scheme and game days will be highly sought after - which might be pretty different from his (not bad just not evolving) time with the Stamps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I'm a bit surprised that Costanza wasn't given the receivers coach position.  The Stamps receiving corps has been elite for a few years.  Their back ups seem to come in for injured players and they don't seem to miss a beat.

So.... they threw him under the bus then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titles within assistant coaches are only as cut and dried as the paper written on...he will be doing more than just baby sitting Augustine and HARRIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Pretty sure he was quoted as wanting to do something different, as he’d been the receivers coach for 12 straight years in Cgy.  Plus it gives him another cfl level coaching position on the resume for when a coordinator job opens up.  Also suspect his input on scheme and game days will be highly sought after - which might be pretty different from his (not bad just not evolving) time with the Stamps.

OC jobs have opened up and Costanza hasn't won em, but who knows, he may have the personality of a mop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-21 at 1:21 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ive always been very critical of Hall and would have been happy to see him gone years ago but maybe he's finally figured out what works with this group. Their performance in the playoffs was unbelievable. Sure the Rose and Sayles departures hurt but quality DB's abound in free agency and abroad. Time will tell if it was a fluke or if Hall can keep the good times rolling.

Personel-wise, for me, that D ranks right up there with the best I have ever seen on a roster in my +50 years of watching CFL football. It wasn't just the Grey Cup game either. Those performances at season's end in Winnipeg, Calgary and Regina were right up there too. If Walters gifts Hall with a team like that again in 2020 I'll be expecting a similar result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-21 at 1:26 PM, Booch said:

Hall should stay..he has evolved his defense and is a perfect guy to mentor Younger 

Constanza as well is a great hire..and will he heavily involved in game day management for the offence..I can see a more vertical game and using the run to augment the pass more so than the other way around this yr

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cd4e48aad5186d943e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-21 at 1:44 PM, Noeller said:

My only concern with Costanza is if he's a guy just looking for Buck to fail so he can take the job. But I can't see MOS bringing a personality like that on board.... 

Me either. It might be Buck that approved the most of the move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-22 at 1:52 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

OC jobs have opened up and Costanza hasn't won em, but who knows, he may have the personality of a mop.

It's pretty hard to break through.  Lots of head coaches are basically the OC whether they have the title or not, Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary.   So really there's 5 OC positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, J5V said:

Personel-wise, for me, that D ranks right up there with the best I have ever seen on a roster in my +50 years of watching CFL football. It wasn't just the Grey Cup game either. Those performances at season's end in Winnipeg, Calgary and Regina were right up there too. If Walters gifts Hall with a team like that again in 2020 I'll be expecting a similar result.

It won't be the same, but it will be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be better especially with Willie back even though we lost a couple dbs

There a couple in free agency who would make rose and Sayles gone a non issue.. 

Full year of Maston..Wilson will be better..and I expect a dominant yr from Biggie..he was knicked most of yr..and I see him at gym couple times a week and he is wayy fitter than last year and its noticeable..and he has been doing some intense freaky training to improve his quickness and flexibility 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Booch said:

Biggie..he was knicked most of yr..and I see him at gym couple times a week

say hi to him for Mark F at morning big blue !

(I kid)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tracker said:

It won't be the same, but it will be good.

It might be scary good. With Alexander at safety and guys like Taylor and Maston in the secondary I like the back end of the D a lot. The front line should be fine so the only question mark will be Bighill. His play last year dropped off from 2018. Let's hope that doesn't continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-21 at 11:44 AM, Noeller said:

My only concern with Costanza is if he's a guy just looking for Buck to fail so he can take the job. But I can't see MOS bringing a personality like that on board.... 

I don't think you have anything to worry about in that regard. When my son was a high school qb here in Calgary hack in 2008 & 09  he went to a couple of Dave Dickenson passing Academy camps in back to back years. Pete worked with the receivers those 2 years while Dave worked with the qbs. He was a hard working coach who stayed in the background. Dave always had good things to say about him. From everything I've heard about the guy that is what he is about. Great assistant coach & team guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...