Bombers Unveil Offensive Coaching Staff

bearpants

I didn't see this anywhere and thought it warranted it's own thread:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/01/21/bombers-unveil-offensive-coaching-staff/

– Buck Pierce has been promoted to the offensive coordinator role while also continuing to serve as quarterbacks coach.
– Kevin Bourgoin shifts from running backs coach to receivers coach.
– Pete Costanza joins the coaching staff as the new running backs coach.
– As well, the Bombers are pleased to announce that Marty Costello will remain in his role as the offensive line coach and will be heading into his fifth season with the team in 2020.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I didn't see this anywhere and thought it warranted it's own thread:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/01/21/bombers-unveil-offensive-coaching-staff/

– Buck Pierce has been promoted to the offensive coordinator role while also continuing to serve as quarterbacks coach.
– Kevin Bourgoin shifts from running backs coach to receivers coach.
– Pete Costanza joins the coaching staff as the new running backs coach.
– As well, the Bombers are pleased to announce that Marty Costello will remain in his role as the offensive line coach and will be heading into his fifth season with the team in 2020.

Interesting choice for RB coach, Costanza really wants to be an OC or HC, he'll be peering over Buck's shoulder if'en he stumbles.

https://calgarysun.com/sports/football/cfl/calgary-stampeders/longtime-receivers-coach-pete-costanza-moves-on-from-stampeders

After 12 years serving as the Calgary Stampeders receivers coach, Pete Costanza decided it was time to pursue other opportunities.

He wants to be an offensive coordinator or a head coach somewhere, and right now those opportunities just aren’t available in Calgary.

“I’ve been here 12 years, we’ve won three Grey Cups and I’ve had a great run and I honestly feel that there’s not much more I can do,” Costanza said. “I want to grow. I want to coach in the CFL. I’ve been a head coach, I’ve been a coordinator before and that fire still kinda burns in me, so I’m looking for new opportunities to spread my wings.”

“Looking at my career and where I want to go, I don’t know how much longer I can stay here and just do the same thing,” Costanza said. “Dave and I talked. We always talk at the end of the year about what your goals are and what you want to do in the future, and we talked about it and truthfully, it’s the best thing for me moving forward."

“Being a position coach was great but I feel I’ve got more to offer,” Costanza said. “I want to try to be an OC. I want to try to move up the ladder and I want to eventually get out there and hopefully lead a franchise and win a Grey Cup.”

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Interesting choice for RB coach, Costanza really wants to be an OC or HC, he'll be peering over Buck's shoulder if'en he stumbles.

I wonder if maybe Buck calls the plays but the overall offense will be a joint effort between Buck, Costanza, and Bourgoin.... gives him an opportunity to add some of his ideas to the mix... I suspect Buck (just a hunch, not trying to claim any personal knowledge) is a guy that's open to collaboration...  

52 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I wonder if maybe Buck calls the plays but the overall offense will be a joint effort between Buck, Costanza, and Bourgoin.... gives him an opportunity to add some of his ideas to the mix... I suspect Buck (just a hunch, not trying to claim any personal knowledge) is a guy that's open to collaboration...  

It's been a group effort even with Lapo there. I know that I have heard that O'shea say that Costello and Bourgoin have big inputs in the running game. Really think that's what makes this staff great is O'shea has fostered a group responsibility for the success of the team.

Ive always been very critical of Hall and would have been happy to see him gone years ago but maybe he's finally figured out what works with this group. Their performance in the playoffs was unbelievable. Sure the Rose and Sayles departures hurt but quality DB's abound in free agency and abroad. Time will tell if it was a fluke or if Hall can keep the good times rolling.

Hall should stay..he has evolved his defense and is a perfect guy to mentor Younger 

Constanza as well is a great hire..and will he heavily involved in game day management for the offence..I can see a more vertical game and using the run to augment the pass more so than the other way around this yr