2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

You don't want to add to many clauses into an incentive part of a contract...you'de much rather have a incentive you can track as a hig amount vs a low amount to forcast possible SMS scenariois and where you could be at later in the year....too many unknowns in one where you have Yards gained..td's etc..etc...

If he has deal where he gets 5k a start say...you can account for a possible 90k against the bottom line and around trade deadline day, and if it is realized..or not...at least you know the minimum amount of SMS you "may" have to work with at that point

Truth.

But he isn't going to get all-star nominations, or lot of fancy stats. Most likely.

I would try to find some performance incentives for him.

59 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel the shame right now as I sit in the box. To borrow from Friends, "Wrong Boobies."

Book is a really good read and I agree on the movie.

For you, good sir. You may remove it at day's end. Although you have given me an idea for a topic thread that may sustain us through the off-season on the board.

Image result for cone of shame gif"

6 hours ago, Geebrr said:

THE CLUB SIGNS PLAYERS TO FUTURES CONTRACTS

STAFF

WINNIPEG, MB., December 3, 2019 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed the following players to futures contracts beginning in 2020:

American receiver Devin Lucien (6-2, 200, Arizona)
American receiver ArDarius Stewart (6-0, 205, Alabama)
American running back James Williams (6-0, 205, Washington State)

Considering these guys have nfl experience and come from big time programs, they should blow everyone out of the league right? Well that’s what my American friends tell me anyways. “Any college team, even some high school teams could beat a cfl team” I’m almost starting to think my friends don’t watch football.

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

Gaitor busted his ass for this team and was very good at SAM... nice to see him go out on top

I agree. Certainly the we he faded away was not amicable nor gracious but, like all other players on this team, whether you we a superstar or played bits and pieces of the season, you made a contribution to the team that ultimately was good enough to be the best. That deserves the accolades. 

1 minute ago, blue_or_die said:

I agree. Certainly the we he faded away was not amicable nor gracious but, like all other players on this team, whether you we a superstar or played bits and pieces of the season, you made a contribution to the team that ultimately was good enough to be the best. That deserves the accolades. 

Yep and it doesn't seem like he's holding any grudges.  He's still wearing bomber gear in his latest Instagram pics. 

In the end, he probably wouldn't have seen the field much, if at all, anyway so his leaving didn't end up affecting anything.  Things worked out for both sides... we won, he gets to retire a "champ".

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What's the story of him leaving the team?  Was he hurt?  

got knicked..but wasn't getting his starting role back and was told he's be a role player/back-up...prob similar situation as to Fenner..Fenner accepted it and was a ideal teamate..Gaitor didn't like it..so basically quit....in a nutshell

Seems weird to brag about being a champion when he chose to bail on the team. I won't take away from his contributions prior but he's the one who made the decision to quit on his coaches and teammates.

edit: has anyone seen the IG post? I can't find anything where he says he's retiring, as a champion or otherwise.

Edited by blue_gold_84

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

got knicked..but wasn't getting his starting role back and was told he's be a role player/back-up...prob similar situation as to Fenner..Fenner accepted it and was a ideal teamate..Gaitor didn't like it..so basically quit....in a nutshell

He got married (or engaged?) over the bye-week and never came back.  I think he realized at that point he was just done with football.  If it was simply a case of him not wanting to be a back-up, why retire?  I'm sure the team would have released him to pursue other opportunities if he still had the desire to play.

9 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

He got married (or engaged?) over the bye-week and never came back.  I think he realized at that point he was just done with football.  If it was simply a case of him not wanting to be a back-up, why retire?  I'm sure the team would have released him to pursue other opportunities if he still had the desire to play.

Oshea said that his role had been changed...and he didn't like it....and guess never came back....basically...quit on his team

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Oshea said that his role had been changed...and he didn't like it....and guess never came back....basically...quit on his team

No disputing that he quit on the team... I'm just saying it seems like there's more to it than just not accepting a new role.

2 minutes ago, JonBlue said:

shared and discussed all day yesterday......ridiculous headline with zero substance in the actual article to back it up.