Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

5 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

To me, in our offense this year, this was arguably one of the most important attributes of our receivers.

Hey CFL.ca, I know it's not as exciting as Burnham's circus catches, but start tracking blocks by players! (I realize this is practically an impossible task lol)

I also loved how the Bomber olinemen would run down field to push the pile around Harris. Saw a lot of that during the Grey Cup.

I didn't think I'd ever see tandem tackles as good as Walby/Gorrell ever again in our lifetime.....but Yoshi/Stan, when healthy and at their best, might be every bit as good..... (and if you know my love for Bluto, that's a big statement from me....)

13 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

and if Couture decided to return, we really can afford to give up our #9 overall for Zach, if it comes to that

I'm not worried about the offensive line especially center where we have Speller and Eli already.  Where we are low on Canadian talent its defense. We need to have a National on the field at all times.  Without Kongbo we would need to play Jake Thomas and a rotationary Canadian DT to keep him fresh at all times.  Perhaps we would look at moving on from Kyrie Wilson and starting Jesse Briggs at linebacker.  We seemed to be fine when we were starting a Canadian at WILL when Biggie was out.

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I read dumb things on this site a lot, but suggesting we move on from Wilson is about as dumb as it gets.

well, it's Colin.......... I mean, don't get me wrong...I like me some Jessie Briggs.......but the drop off from Wilson to Briggs is ridiculous. Laughable.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I'm not worried about the offensive line especially center where we have Speller and Eli already.  Where we are low on Canadian talent its defense. We need to have a National on the field at all times.  Without Kongbo we would need to play Jake Thomas and a rotationary Canadian DT to keep him fresh at all times.  Perhaps we would look at moving on from Kyrie Wilson and starting Jesse Briggs at linebacker.  We seemed to be fine when we were starting a Canadian at WILL when Biggie was out.

Regardless of we have our all OL back we have to stack up the pipeline. Injuries happens and because of these 1 year contracts. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

No moving on from Kyrie Wilson.

Crazy talk 

Our lb core didn't play nearly as well as they did the previous year but they filled a different role. Wilson made some fantastic plays but didn't perform at a level that likely gets an NFL deal or a huge contract. About the only way we don't bring him back is if we got a ratio breaker like judge at a good deal but I don't see that happening. 

Glad yoshi is back off season is off to a great start. 

51 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

About the only way we don't bring him back is if we got a ratio breaker like judge at a good deal but I don't see that happening.

If we re-sign Streveler, does he apologize to Judge for trucking him in Banjo Bowl? Also .... Wilson > Judge, he's a typical Canadian starter that's only kicking around for his passport.

5 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

If we re-sign Streveler, does he apologize to Judge for trucking him in Banjo Bowl? Also .... Wilson > Judge, he's a typical Canadian starter that's only kicking around for his passport.

Posts like these are pretty funny - if Judge was a bomber with the same stat line, we'd be talking about what a coup it was to draft him and how we need to lock him up as a core piece haha