3 stars plus hh 2019 grey cup champions

wbbfan

Keep in mind we started this season with our 3 NI OL starters from the last few seasons either injured or not on the roster.

This team overcame everything, too many examples to post.  So many guys came onto the roster and even if they ended up back off the roster they all provided huge plays and contributed to wins. 

So really it comes down to leadership, building and maintaining a culture that envelops all the individuals within it and those who arrive into it.  

O'Shea is the star.

This game alone:

1. Harris... best RB in the game and one of the best Canadians of all time
2. Jefferson... defense dominated and he led the way
3. Medlock... kept getting point when needed
HH: Mike Jones... game "saving" play in the Mike Jones battle... 

for the grey cup as a whole:

1. Defense
2. Offense
3. Special teams
HH: coaches, management, Wade Miller and all the Bomber fans across this great nation!

O'Shea is taking no credit for the playoffs and the Greycup win, he just kept mentioning the players.

I think he really is completely sincere about that.

I can't imagine how many hours these people put in to get this championship.

Edited by Mark F

Everybody has a plan, until they get smashed in the mouth.  Really think the Bomber ferocity, rattled the Cats, early.....and based on their own rep (for physicality)....just couldn't handle it.    Bombers were relentless....with the clock running down, they were still cranking people.  If that game was 90 minutes long.....they would of hit, for 90.

Edited by do or die

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

O'Shea is taking no credit for the playoffs and the Greycup win, he just kept mentioning the players.

I think he really is completely sincere about that.

I can't imagine how many hours these people put in to get this championship.

He protects players and gives them the credit.  Guys love that.

1. Andrew Harris - beast mode.  He was motivated and carried the team.

2. Trench warriors - our lines schooled the ***** cats. 

3.  Hall  - I shat on Richie Hall all season.  He called an amazing defensive scheme for 3 straight games.  After all the adversity he went through and to see the tears streaming down his face, he deserves this.   I forget that coaches are humans too and humbly eat my crow

HH - my fellow brothers and sisters on this amazing fan forum.  Thank you for engaging with thoughtful discussion and showing your raw passion.  I am happy to share this moment with you all. #forthew #2019greycupchamps

2 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

3.  Hall  - I shat on Richie Hall all season.  He called an amazing defensive scheme for 3 straight games.  After all the adversity he went through and to see the tears streaming down his face, he deserves this.   I forget that coaches are humans too and humbly eat my crow

14 pts, then 13 pts, then 12 pts.

If the playoff run was any longer we'd be in the negative for points given up :)

14 hours ago, J5V said:

1. Andrew Harris - Put the team on his back after asking them if they had his back. Incredible leadership from the Winnipeg native.

2. Willie Jefferson - Saved his best performance of the playoffs for this game. The man was the best defensive player on the field.

3. Mike Jones - Terrific play on what could have been a huge momentum shift towards the Hamilton team on a deep pass to the other Mike Jones

HH - Jackson Jeffcoat - For wreaking havoc in the Hamilton backfield all. game. long.

Kudos to Mike Jones for also taking Banks out of the game on a clean shot.  He's a keeper.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Holding a team to 13 points is most decidedly non - shitty...no matter how you do it. 

Depends how good you think CoFaj ACTUALLY is. Also, our offense was awful. Again, I just know in my heart that the Riders are not a good team... We barely beat them. Something was wrong but thankfully if didn't kill us! 

8 hours ago, do or die said:

Everybody has a plan, until they get smashed in the mouth.  Really think the Bomber ferocity, rattled the Cats, early.....and based on their own rep (for physicality)....just couldn't handle it.    Bombers were relentless....with the clock running down, they were still cranking people.  If that game was 90 minutes long.....they would of hit, for 90.

100%, and getting those turnovers early was a huge kick to the teeth for the ti-cats as well. 

Evans never had time to set up and throw. he was rushed all night. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

100%, and getting those turnovers early was a huge kick to the teeth for the ti-cats as well. 

Evans never had time to set up and throw. he was rushed all night. 

It was also noticeable how our pass rushers always came in under control and kept contain.  They were literally going for the turnover rather than the big hit or sack - not a bad idea with the way penalties get called now. 

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

Depends how good you think CoFaj ACTUALLY is. Also, our offense was awful. Again, I just know in my heart that the Riders are not a good team... We barely beat them. Something was wrong but thankfully if didn't kill us! 

That was not one of Lapo’s better games... he forgot about Harris... we’r probably lucky Strev a was a banged up in the grey cup and he had no choice ha