2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I used to agree....  and then journeyman Hardrick turned into a dominant RT, Speller and Couture stepped in for Goossen without missing a beat, Desjarlais beat out Gray...

Calgary has had a plug and play OL, its starting to look more and more like its coaching and culture...  so Sask is still fkd

Even with bryant, the OL it self is greater then the sum of its parts. If any thing that proves the point that its about the unit and not a singular player. Bond was far more dominant here then hardrick. Which is hard for a guard to do. Couture and speller had been here a while, gray was hurt thats why desjarlais came in. Its not just the coaches, the front office finds the modular pieces, guys with talent and the right mind set to fit in and the coaching staff molds them into a unit. 

100% coaching culture and scouting. We are still seeing fruits of the work of bob wiley as well. 

If you develop an OL a good team will end up with a good player. A bad team it doesnt matter if you sign a denis or bond etc you will continually field a crap OL.  Costello is in his guy and in his style.  3 years of wiley, 1 splashy sign and a bunch of internal development has left us with the deepest OL in the league. 

Hardrick has been a pretty steady bordering on dominant right tackle as you can find...Also when he was brought in here he was asked/told to change a few things body wise with him and if he met those conditions then he was getting a shot...he did. and he himself said it saved his career...it's not like he fluked into the position..the staff at the time identified something to bring his game up...and the results speak for themselves

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hardrick has been a pretty steady bordering on dominant right tackle as you can find...Also when he was brought in here he was asked/told to change a few things body wise with him and if he met those conditions then he was getting a shot...he did. and he himself said it saved his career...it's not like he fluked into the position..the staff at the time identified something to bring his game up...and the results speak for themselves

That's kind of my point...  I feel like Winnipeg and Calgary have plug and play OL now - based on buy-in not so much talent/size

15 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Just a reminder when you direct anger towards Ambrosie he does what the board of directors direct him too.

I'm assuming this is in reference to the playoff format... the reason Wade would like this better is because the "new" format would've given the Bombers a home playoff game the last two year... AKA more revenue...