Week Of: Bombers @ Asshats

Noeller

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't think O'Shea makes bonehead decisions but Hall & LaPo sure do.

For me it's more than his decision making...it's his unwillingness to admit that there are issues (he doesn't have to thrown anyone under the bus to admit there are issues) and his unwillingness to take any responsibility for them.

By halftime of the Hamilton game the team had given up 790 passing yards in the last 6 quarters...then he gets on the coaches show and assures us there are no issues with the secondary. Claims the only issue is the team didn't play "tough enough". When pressed on why that was he offers nothing.

Irving gave him every chance to explain it and he flat out refused.

Irving asked him why. MOS was unable/unwilling to give an answer. Irving asked him again saying there must be a reason...and MOS said well there are reasons but they will just sound like excuses...and refused to expand on it.

Irving then asked him if the reason they weren't tough enough was because MOS didn't properly prepare them. MOS says that as a coach you're always wondering if the things you say or do are right...whether they're valid and have meaning...you're always inspecting that.

Irving says...and did you come up with anything? MOS...nothing new...hahaha.

Yeah...hilarious...smh

If he can't hold himself accountable how can he hold anyone else accountable

Edited by Deiter Fan

3 hours ago, O2L said:

I worry that MTL and HAM have shown the rest of the league how to handle our defense. 

In his podcast Doug Brown was saying  the blueprint for beating the Bombers both offensively and defensively has now been put down on film and they can expect every team to employ that strategy for the remainder of the season.

On O; make Streveler beat you with his arm and force him up the middle when he runs.

On D; forget about running the ball and focus on blocking the pass rush, given enough time the Bomber secondary falls apart.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

In his podcast Doug Brown was saying  the blueprint for beating the Bombers both offensively and defensively has now been put down on film and they can expect every team to employ that strategy for the remainder of the season.

On O; make Streveler beat you with his arm and force him up the middle when he runs.

On D; forget about running the ball and focus on blocking the pass rush, given enough time the Bomber secondary falls apart.

So then, why can't our coordinators come up with a new game plan? Because they can't adapt on the fly. They can't make changes. 

Interesting comment from a reporter during the Q&A with MOS on Thurs.

Reporter: Was talking to Willy Jefferson earlier and he said he's kinda noticed some guys that looked like they are playing kinda complacent in practice and in games lately. Is that something you've noticed as well?

MOS: Our guys generally work pretty damn hard.

2 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Either MOS didn't notice or, what I'm guessing (I can't see Willy making up a story) is that it's the same-old, same-old from MOS - never, ever throw your team under the bus publicly. Okay, I can respect that position, but...if things don't improve with the team, if we have another first round play off exit, jobs - coaches jobs, will be gone 

13 hours ago, O2L said:

I worry that MTL and HAM have shown the rest of the league how to handle our defense. 

hopefully the removal of Hecht will solve a lot of the backend issues..as I seen it the last 2 games he offered no help anywhere in coverage and was generally out of position, or physically not able to be in position..and then tried to make up for a gaff by "trying" to lay a big hit...and failing miserably at that as well.

For the better part of the first 12 games, and the beginning of the 13th the backend wasn't really that big an issue...they gave up yards at times...but minimal scores (as our points against prove) and kept teams out of endzone as a defense as a whole.

those last 6 quarters??....I'm thinking (hoping) that is an anomoly and some kind of personnel issue/communication thing that has come up...teams...especially at this stage in a season just forget how to perform and suck, and also other teams don't "see" something that was hidden until now and are exploiting it...not in my experience playing and coaching

Funks happen..we are seeing one now, and hopefully a healthy Jeffcoat regaining form..Alexander being back and a nice couple servings of humble pie lately will be tonic enough to get these guys pointed back in right direction....This weekend's game will go a long way in determining that

4 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Reporter: Was talking to Willy Jefferson earlier and he said he's kinda noticed some guys that looked like they are playing kinda complacent in practice and in games lately. Is that something you've noticed as well?

Well, that explains everything. I feel much better now and will go have a nap. And a handful of Librium.

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

hopefully the removal of Hecht will solve a lot of the backend issues..as I seen it the last 2 games he offered no help anywhere in coverage and was generally out of position, or physically not able to be in position..and then tried to make up for a gaff by "trying" to lay a big hit...and failing miserably at that as well.

For the better part of the first 12 games, and the beginning of the 13th the backend wasn't really that big an issue...they gave up yards at times...but minimal scores (as our points against prove) and kept teams out of endzone as a defense as a whole.

those last 6 quarters??....I'm thinking (hoping) that is an anomaly and some kind of personnel issue/communication thing that has come up...teams...especially at this stage in a season just forget how to perform and suck, and also other teams don't "see" something that was hidden until now and are exploiting it...not in my experience playing and coaching

Funks happen..we are seeing one now, and hopefully a healthy Jeffcoat regaining form..Alexander being back and a nice couple servings of humble pie lately will be tonic enough to get these guys pointed back in right direction....This weekend's game will go a long way in determining that

There is a military axiom: Hope is not an actionable plan.

11 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

For me it's more than his decision making...it's his unwillingness to admit that there are issues (he doesn't have to thrown anyone under the bus to admit there are issues) and his unwillingness to take any responsibility for them.

By halftime of the Hamilton game the team had given up 790 passing yards in the last 6 quarters...then he gets on the coaches show and assures us there are no issues with the secondary. Claims the only issue is the team didn't play "tough enough". When pressed on why that was he offers nothing.

Irving gave him every chance to explain it and he flat out refused.

Irving asked him why. MOS was unable/unwilling to give an answer. Irving asked him again saying there must be a reason...and MOS said well there are reasons but they will just sound like excuses...and refused to expand on it.

Irving then asked him if the reason they weren't tough enough was because MOS didn't properly prepare them. MOS says that as a coach you're always wondering if the things you say or do are right...whether they're valid and have meaning...you're always inspecting that.

Irving says...and did you come up with anything? MOS...nothing new...hahaha.

Yeah...hilarious...smh

If he can't hold himself accountable how can he hold anyone else accountable

5 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

I see there are still some people who haven't caught on that MOS will NEVER, and I mean NEVER throw anyone under the bus to the media/fans. Expecting him to explain who was responsible for the break downs in the secondary is basically pointless. He's not gonna say. On top of that, thinking what he says/does when being interviewed to be the same as what he tells people behind closed doors will likely leave you feeling frustrated. He obviously knows the reasons (which is why he said the reasons will sound like excuses) but won't let the media get that info. Whether you like it/hate it/disagree/agree etc etc etc don't mean ****. It's his style and has been since day 1. Don't know why there's always shock and awe when things like this happen.

5 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Add the absence of Richie Hall at this weeks practices and the possibility of him missing the Rider game this weekend,  it's not looking great for turning around the D problems.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Add the absence of Richie Hall at this weeks practices and the possibility of him missing the Rider game this weekend,  it's not looking great for turning around the D problems.

Even with Hall present, the defence was terrible the past six quarters. How could it get worse?

I'd let Bighill or whoever is the defensive captain/leader call the majority...not unheard of, and also they have a better feel for game and whats working/not and who is having certain issues that sometimes doesn't get communicated from field to sideline...and vice versa

The players know the dfense..the plays...and what they are most comfortable with..they can get input from the spotters but they can make the calls based on the looks the other team is showing..sometimes like we have seen...Coordinators wayyyy over think things and don't just let the players play...especially with whats working...keep it simple...react to the plays....