Week Of: Bombers @ Asshats

Noeller

59 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Seems like many variables are going against us this game.  Almost feels like a tipping point type game. 

Our D and ST need to win this game for us. If Strev continues to turn the ball over we are sunk. 

This absolutely looks to be a pivotal game for both teams, but Streveler turning the ball over is the least of the Bomber problems.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

This absolutely looks to be a pivotal game for both teams, but Streveler turning the ball over is the least of the Bomber problems.

This team is built for the O to not makes mistakes, (like turnovers) control the clock with the run and complete shorts passes.  

Our D is really struggling right now, same as our specials. 

To say Strev throwing picks is the last of the worries....

Id say it makes or breaks us. 

Edited by Dodge and Burn

7 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

If Strev continues to turn the ball over we are sunk. 

I don't understand why you're so negative about Streveler. Obviously if he is turning the ball over it's not good but a lot can go into a turnover such as poor route running by the receiver, bad hands on the receiver, poor Oline play, poor play calling, and plain old bad luck.

He'll never be Matt Nichols, they're very different types of players. Nichols is a pocket passer, very slow of foot, and somewhat fragile, very cautious with the ball and risk averse. He is somewhat reluctant to fire the ball into tight windows or to stretch the field vertically but he's very good at making the safe play.

Streveler is a much more mobile QB and is very intelligent, a stud of an athlete with a strong arm, good speed, and tremendous heart. He's not afraid to take chances and will challenge a D by firing the ball into tight windows. He is not a seasoned vet like Nichols and is somewhat more prone to making mistakes but he's learning. We're damned lucky to have him. The last time he played the Riders he pummeled them and had them off balance all game. Give the guy a break.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/07/streveler-is-a-man-on-a-mission/

16 hours ago, JCon said:

I'll be at Mosaic cheering myself hoarse, but regardless of outcome, nothing but positive thoughts for coach Hall, ( and not just cause he's on 75%of the Riders grey cup championships) 

( and my guess is that whomever's special teams show up, will determine the winner) 

9 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

To say Strev throwing picks is the last of the worries....

Id say it makes or breaks us. 

his picks against Hamilton were after the team was already in a hole and it was desperation time. I am not overly concerned with his turnovers lately to be honest. He's grown as is much safer with the ball when the game is in the balance. It's when he takes risks it gets a bit dicey, but generally that's when they NEED something to happen. He is growing so much in these starts, it is a shame that the rest of the team isn't keeping pace with him. 

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

his picks against Hamilton were after the team was already in a hole and it was desperation time. I am not overly concerned with his turnovers lately to be honest. He's grown as is much safer with the ball when the game is in the balance. It's when he takes risks it gets a bit dicey, but generally that's when they NEED something to happen. He is growing so much in these starts, it is a shame that the rest of the team isn't keeping pace with him. 

Too much spin.  That second pick was after Bighill's interception put the O close to the red zone.  They would were only trailing by two TDs.  Cash that in and they would have been within 6 or 7 points - don't remember if the deficit was 13 or 14 points.  

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Too much spin.  That second pick was after Bighill's interception put the O close to the red zone.  They would were only trailing by two TDs.  Cash that in and they would have been within 6 or 7 points - don't remember if the deficit was 13 or 14 points.  

Yeah but he had a huge rush up the middle in his face and was trying to avoid taking a sack and having to maybe settle for a field goal. It was pressing given the context of the game.

Need a good effort tonight for the Blue & Gold after watching my Islanders lose to Washington in the opener.  Scored one freaking goal and the PP was its usual joke.  How I miss the old days when an Islander PP was the kiss of death for the opposition.

We cannot afford another stink-a-rooni like whatever they threw on the field vs Hamilton.

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah but he had a huge rush up the middle in his face and was trying to avoid taking a sack and having to maybe settle for a field goal. It was pressing given the context of the game.

Yep.  And when that play was over, then they were in the hole. 

Gonna be a riveting game with a year's worth of bragging rights and a playoff position on the line. All the changes in the Bombers will either spur them to a heckuva game or self-destruct if they have some game setbacks and get behind. Despite whatever the Bomber players and coaches say, their confidence has to be shaky. They need to get out front and stay there. LaPolice needs to compensate for the Riders using the tactic of stacking the box and hardening the edge of the line of scrimmage.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

they were already in the hole, weren't going to win kicking field goals. 

So you think there was no chance to score a TD in that situation - easy to say after the fact.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

it was too late for them, they were already in the hole...

Over 12 minutes left when Bighill was tackled at the Hamilton 30.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

they were already in the hole, weren't going to win kicking field goals. 

You are incorrect.  Even a field goal makes it 27-16 with almost a quarter to play

27-13 at that time... we were at Hamilton 20 and if we score its 27-20, instead Tuggle returned that pass basically to our goal line

I'm not blaming that loss on Streveler but that interception was the final kick in the face - he needed to score on that drive