Week 4 Takeaways

Zontar

Yeah those penalties by him are fine by me as long as its not happening over and over...Hardrick rarely takes penalties of any kind never mind the stupid selfish type...he was just letting Ottawa know that there would be no more of the cheap crap they are prone to attempt

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah those penalties by him are fine by me as long as its not happening over and over...Hardrick rarely takes penalties of any kind never mind the stupid selfish type...he was just letting Ottawa know that there would be no more of the cheap crap they are prone to attempt

and it worked like a charm - the cheap stuff ended after that.  The only reason Nichols went out was because our own guy brained him.

2 hours ago, O2L said:

Agreed about Bryant and Hardrick but Hardrick has to play smarter. He took two really bad penalties last game, one that took away a touchdown and another that took away a first down. The fact that we still scored on that drive is why no one is talking about that dumb first penalty. That said, it did add to our TOP 😆 

Given the dirty nature of the RedBlacks' play.....I hereby grant Hardrick a papal absolution.

Sure, if we’re fine with the nasty play to set the tone then fair enough, but at least have some situational awareness. Do that on 2nd a 20 when we’ve called a screen and the play doesn’t matter. Not when we’re in the red zone and the first read is over the middle for a TD. 

11 minutes ago, O2L said:

Sure, if we’re fine with the nasty play to set the tone then fair enough, but at least have some situational awareness. Do that on 2nd a 20 when we’ve called a screen and the play doesn’t matter. Not when we’re in the red zone and the first read is over the middle for a TD. 

Because Hardrick is supposed to know that the play is going to result in a TD.  

Image result for really?

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Was that the UR penalty? Cause if so I am OK with the occasional penalty to set the tone.

Normally I would've been frustrated with that b/c it took away a TD... but I wasn't worried about it in that game... and sure enough they scored a TD on the drive anyways... I feel a little bad for Adams b/c that catch would've been all over the highlight reels if it was a TD...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Normally I would've been frustrated with that b/c it took away a TD... but I wasn't worried about it in that game... and sure enough they scored a TD on the drive anyways... I feel a little bad for Adams b/c that catch would've been all over the highlight reels if it was a TD...

Plus, unless it was done off camera, Darvin Adams didn't pull a Duron Carter but acted like a pro after his spectacular TD was called back. Those are the little things i look for.   

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Because Hardrick is supposed to know that the play is going to result in a TD.  

Hence why I said “situational awareness”. I imagine he knew what the play call was and was aware as to where they were on the field. I’m curious, if that was the game winning touchdown and we would have lost with it being called back, would you still find the thought that he should’ve been aware of the situation so incredulous? I’m guessing we’d all be a little less forgiving. 

To be very clear, I’m happy we have o-linemen who like to play on the edge; that was just the wrong time to do it and luckily it didn’t cost us. I feel like this is a very reasonable opinion. Not everyone on this site is fishing for an argument. 

24 minutes ago, O2L said:

Hence why I said “situational awareness”. I imagine he knew what the play call was and was aware as to where they were on the field. I’m curious, if that was the game winning touchdown and we would have lost with it being called back, would you still find the thought that he should’ve been aware of the situation so incredulous? I’m guessing we’d all be a little less forgiving. 

To be very clear, I’m happy we have o-linemen who like to play on the edge; that was just the wrong time to do it and luckily it didn’t cost us. I feel like this is a very reasonable opinion. Not everyone on this site is fishing for an argument. 

hFE8618C9