3 stars plus HH red black n blues

wbbfan

Given the full team performance, have to give a star to each of offence, defence, and special teams. 

Nichols - spread the ball around, controlled the clock, 80% completion rate, would have hit 300 yards passing if not for the early departure, and didn’t hook slide too early.

Rose - 5 tackles, big pick, and bigger fumble recovery. Despite only one sack,Jefferson gets an honourable mention for the havoc in the backfield he caused. 

Miller - 7 tackles and thundering hits. 

HH - Medlock missed 2 field goals but still made the play of the game. The punt was amazing for its placement, but the awareness to hustle down and recover it inspired a whole team. 

Goat - Nelson fumbled a punt, knocked out his own QB on a scramble, then fumbled again to give up the only TD against in the game. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

30 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Nichols was very good and deserves props but with so many great performances today and Nichols only playing a half, it's not that egregious. 

A great half of football indeed. But both lines also dominated for the whole game and didn't earn a nod. Demski was really on point too. 

Harris was a force start to finish. Nearly a record for sts tackles and a big play on offense.  Two turn overs with out which we don't win. Thats hard to beat in half a game . 

I'm going to crap on Nichols,  he definitely wasn't a top 3 player tonight.   He had zero pass rush and a load of time to make his throws.   He facked up a 2nd down throw where it wobbled and floated in the air and nearly was picked off.   Few of his short throws were definitely not hitting the guy in stride.   

Top 3 guys IMO 

Jefferson /  Nevis

Harris

Sayles

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm going to crap on Nichols,  he definitely wasn't a top 3 player tonight.   He had zero pass rush and a load of time to make his throws.   He facked up a 2nd down throw where it wobbled and floated in the air and nearly was picked off.   Few of his short throws were definitely not hitting the guy in stride.   

Top 3 guys IMO 

Jefferson /  Nevis

Harris

Sayles

Sayles is not going to be on a lot of lists but he seemingly has blanket coverage on nearly every ball thrown his way.

I keep hearing the team refer to "Complimentary Football", where everyone is helping everyone else out....with that in mind:

1) Nichols (offense)

2) Jefferson (defense)

3) Medlock (special teams -- bad missed kicks, but makes up for it with pure hustle and heads up thinking)

HH) Mike Miller...Demon.

12 hours ago, Atomic said:

1. Harris - 130 yards

2. Miller - Ridiculous 7 special teams tackles

3. Demski - 105 yards receiving including the massive TD to start things off

HH to Drake Nevis for pushing the Redblacks around all night long

I'd give Miller #1. Give some love to special teams. Set the tone for the whole game. Plus I loved how violent he was with his hits and not getting called. Glad you mentioned Nevis. He was a Beast.

Edited by HardCoreBlue
Too many words as usual

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Based on some of the goofy positions taken and strongly defended,

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that some people are posting while well over the legal limit, booze or weed, or some combination of the two

What's funny about that is we can become different type of people while under the influence.

We should pick a game this year and all agree to go over the limit and see what happens.

For the lurkers they can sit back and watch (read) the show. I'd probably be the guy who ends every post with 'I love you man' or 'It's not the liquor talking but (insert awkward statement'. :)

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What's funny about that is we can become different type of people while under the influence.

We should pick a game this year and all agree to go over the limit and see what happens.

For the lurkers they can sit back and watch (read) the show. I'd probably be the guy who ends every post with 'I love you man' or 'It's not the liquor talking but (insert awkward statement'. :)

That’s every game for me.