Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The thing is there aren't any saviours we can bring in. There's no one out there any better. Streveler is green as grass.  Maybe he can win games. Maybe he can't.

It's true he may or may not win. Virtually every team in the league is on qb2 right now. And future stars are always abound. Some Ricky ray driving a Frito truck or Kurt Warner bagging groceries. 

Nichols failed to win the game when put in a great position tnite. Didn't even need to score just move the ball and finish the game. And lost it last week. May or may not win is better then won't win and might lose you the game. 

But you're right. Mos won't make the change him self any time soon.

This is the kind of thing you either live with when Nichols is your QB, or you have to make a change. He’s not suddenly going to become a different guy at this point in his career. He can have good games and is certainly capable but the fear always was that this team is too good at too many spots to leave it up to a QB who frequently isn’t good enough and will rarely, if ever put the team on his back. 

I don’t expect changes this season, and Lapo shares a ton of blame for this, but games like this will be an issue for as long as Nichols is the QB of the Bombers. And you have to hope he gets them out of the way when the games don’t really matter. 

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The game manager has closed his office early for the last 2 games...I think he needs a talking to by the board .....oh wait we have

There's no way he is mentally equipped to beat BLM in a playoff game. I don't feel like wasting my time waiting to find out what I already know.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

There's no way he is mentally equipped to beat BLM in a playoff game. I don't feel like wasting my time waiting to find out what I already know.

Right now, any team in the league can defeat our pass game by blitzing. And every one knows it. Some thing drastic needs to happen and improve before ld. 

1 minute ago, blueandgoldguy said:

I don't understand why we are not seeing Streveler in for a series or two during every game... or at least a few snaps say after a short plunge on 2nd or 3rd and short.  I thought they intended to use him more this season?

Coaching. Like I said on the GDT, if LaPo leaves this off season I'll applaud. I've seen too much of the same **** now since he got here.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

We're going to lose Streveler next year if we don't start to groom him to start, now.  How can they not see that?

I'm not sure Streveler is the answer, but what we have between him and our #3 might be. Honestly, Strev can hand the ball off just as well and can extend the play too. I'll take my chances on his passing.

Just now, AKAChip said:

The thing that’s the most telling is that we do often have games where Streveler plays a reasonable number of snaps. They also usually are the games where Nichols is in a groove and playing reasonably well. He gets almost nothing in games where Nichols is struggling. 

What does that tell us? Other than MOS is stubborn and loyal to a fault. We already know that.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Coaching. Like I said on the GDT, if LaPo leaves this off season I'll applaud. I've seen too much of the same **** now since he got here.

It's not coaching, Bombers have a problem at the QB position. I've been saying this since mid-2017. Lapo is coaching to Nichols strengths, scant as they may be. Imagine if Nichols had been starting for Toronto tonight and if Bethel Thompson had been starting for Winnipeg - do you think Argos would have won?

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t want to create something that isn’t there and maybe it’s completely meaningless, I just find it odd. 

It would be great if Bombers gave Streveler more playing time going forward. I think he'll get better with more real time reps. And let him run the entire O package - not just  QB keepers and run options.

29 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Look at the rosters.  No one is saying Pick Me! Pick Me! There is no one.

I don't understand. We have two QBs that would love to play. Give them some love.

26 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

This is the kind of thing you either live with when Nichols is your QB, or you have to make a change. He’s not suddenly going to become a different guy at this point in his career. He can have good games and is certainly capable but the fear always was that this team is too good at too many spots to leave it up to a QB who frequently isn’t good enough and will rarely, if ever put the team on his back. 

I don’t expect changes this season, and Lapo shares a ton of blame for this, but games like this will be an issue for as long as Nichols is the QB of the Bombers. And you have to hope he gets them out of the way when the games don’t really matter. 

What does this mean? Doesn't every game matter? 2 points is 2 points and if we need these 2 points at the end of the year this game is just as important as any other.

Just now, J5V said:

What does this mean? Doesn't every game matter? 2 points is 2 points and if we need these 2 points at the end of the year this game is just as important as any other.

With a league this week, every game doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. Losing to this Argos team is unacceptable on a number of levels but better to happen in August than November. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Why does it have to be one or the other?Maybe both the coaching AND play from the quarterback position isn't good enough....

Any idea why O'Shea didn't challenge the spot of the ball on the 3rd down gamble by the Argos where they fumbled the ball and mysteriously got a seeming two yard advance on the spot?

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Any idea why O'Shea didn't challenge the spot of the ball on the 3rd down gamble by the Argos where they fumbled the ball and mysteriously got a seeming two yard advance on the spot?

Any idea why the command center called down and corrected a meaningless spot in the Rider game tonight, but couldnt be bothered to do the same for the Bombers?