Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

I told a colleague from.Regina back before the season started I expect Streveler to take over as starter by mid-August.  Sure seems to be trending that way.   If the club doesn't do anything about this soon, they are going to lose fans... how many times do we need to keep seeing this poor play?  Even Bob Irving right now isn't defending him like he usually does!

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's not mechanics of his throw or his leg.... it's all in the head with a dash of having very little athleticism

Oh good! I thought it was because he sucks. 

1 minute ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Week 1 seems so long ago.  remember when Nichols rolled out of the pocket against BC and made that nice throw for a TD.  It looked like he had his mobility back.  It appears that was short-lived.

No f'ing kidding! He was Johnny Roll-Out all game and it led to 2 TD's. And then...…..nothing since. This team is so ****ing frustrating! Its like they find something that works and then its "Well that's working great, scrap it!" Or its the opposite and they beat it to death until everyone in the stadium knows its coming.

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's not mechanics of his throw or his leg.... it's all in the head with a dash of having very little athleticism

So lapo doesn't call any deep throws because of what's in Mattys head ?....... the having no athleticism would coincide with bad mechanics being a reason for no deep throw calls ....IMO 

15 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I told a colleague from.Regina back before the season started I expect Streveler to take over as starter by mid-August.  Sure seems to be trending that way.   If the club doesn't do anything about this soon, they are going to lose fans... how many times do we need to keep seeing this poor play?  Even Bob Irving right now isn't defending him like he usually does!

He defended him somewhat by sharing the blame across the board ...special teams , defence, and offence.  He would not acknowledge any callers who said the defence was struggling later because of time of possession in the second half.... which was affected by the two An outs.... 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He'll play Nichols. He won't play Streveler. I mean, it's obvious.  Nichols is the starter & he won't come out when he struggles.

Cant remember which game it was last season, I think it was against Ottawa.  I walked out of the stadium with 8 minutes left to go because I was sick of watching Nichols and knew he wasnt getting pulled.. that's how I've felt the last 2 games..  if he struggles next week, theres no way the fans will stay quiet and no way the coaching staff can continue to stand by this... the calls for Steveler will be loud, and cannot be ignored.

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He'll play Nichols. He won't play Streveler. I mean, it's obvious.  Nichols is the starter & he won't come out when he struggles.

Yep Nichols has a mile of leash it's gonna take some thing big for him to make that change. We only saw one play from the streveler package tonight 

Just now, trueBlue83 said:

Cant remember which game it was last season, I think it was against Ottawa.  I walked out of the stadium with 8 minutes left to go because I was sick of watching Nichols and knew he wasnt getting pulled.. that's how I've felt the last 2 games..  if he struggles next week, theres no way the fans will stay quiet and no way the coaching staff can continue to stand by this... the calls for Steveler will be loud, and cannot be ignored.

But but but then Nichols will be sad and say it wasn't nice for us to boo him...…..😪

I just said to the wife....we should go to the game.  Even have an invite from friends who are going.....

Mike will just say that Nichols gives the team the best chance to win, that Nichols is the starter & the coaching staff will close ranks. We have seen this before. Nothing will change. Not yet, anyway.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mike will just say that Nichols gives the team the best chance to win, that Nichols is the starter & the coaching staff will close ranks. We have seen this before. Nothing will change. Not yet, anyway.

Been the same sad story for 3 seasons now.  At what point do you keep leaning on the teams record and defending him and saying he's among the elite...  hes just not, and I dont think ever will take that step.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The thing is there aren't any saviours we can bring in. There's no one out there any better. Streveler is green as grass.  Maybe he can win games. Maybe he can't.

If only there was a way to find out. If only there was a way. If only ...