GDT Pre-season Game 1 - Edmonton at Bombers

Floyd

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's a little late to find a NI Safety,  Hecht will be here to stay.

Not necessarily. Chris Ackie is still out there as a free agent and he's said all 9 teams have been in contact with him.

7 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Jones isn’t perfect but he can at least move and has some coverage skills. It certainly seems like Hecht is being gifted the spot. 

Edit: Nevermind was thinking of the wrong Jones

Edited by BBlink

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

?wonder what he's waiting on/

That was what I was wondering.  I read an interview he did in Feb where he said he wasn't in a rush to make a decisions but that he would be ready to go in May.  Well it's June now and he still hasn't signed so what's the hold-up?

"I know I'm going to be playing on a team, I just have to weigh my options and figure out what offer is best for me to go in and make an impact, not only on the football field, but in the community as well," said the 27-year-old Ackie.

"It could be days, it could be weeks, I'm in no rush. I'm staying busy and will be ready to go in May (when training camps open)."

https://www.therecord.com/sports-story/9175096-cfl-players-have-high-hopes-for-kitchener-football-camp/

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

That was what I was wondering.  I read an interview he did in Feb where he said he wasn't in a rush to make a decisions but that he would be ready to go in May.  Well it's June now and he still hasn't signed so what's the hold-up?

https://www.therecord.com/sports-story/9175096-cfl-players-have-high-hopes-for-kitchener-football-camp/

Sounds like Ackie values his services more than teams do, by waiting this long he's effectively limited his options to teams that are desperate or require an injury replacement.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

On 2019-06-03 at 11:39 AM, Bigblue204 said:

Hecht does not have it. He bounced off tackles rather then wrapping up

I have to agree with Hecht bouncing off tackles. Being this is really the first time I watched him close I was actually surprised at how small he looked out there and at how he was more of a nail vs being a hammer when he needed to be.