2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

That's so funny all the positive quotes and chiming in of back on track..sign of a good team..erc..etc..they looked like crap..bearing a team that looked more like crap..if BC even had a barely average oline they win that game..sask did nothing to show..or provethey are a more than 5 win team..

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

That's so funny all the positive quotes and chiming in of back on track..sign of a good team..erc..etc..they looked like crap..bearing a team that looked more like crap..if BC even had a barely average oline they win that game..sask did nothing to show..or provethey are a more than 5 win team..

Lots of five win teams in the league this year...

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

The only way that the Riders can back into the playoffs is the ineptness of all the other teams. This is the worst assortment of poor teams in years, maybe decades.

I was just thinking about how little parity there is right now. In fact the DISparity between best and worst is as far as I've seen it in a really really long time...

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was just thinking about how little parity there is right now. In fact the DISparity between best and worst is as far as I've seen it in a really really long time...

but I read on Rider fans this morning that there was a lot of parity this year and no real good teams... I think they're confused because they're afraid of the realization that there is a good team in the league and they're more in line with the losers than the actual good teams. 

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Guys, we're just lucky that the rest of the CFL always plays their best game against the Riders, it makes things easier for us.

yeah i wonder why other teams play their best ball against the Riders...or so they claim on Riderfans....hahahaha....or maybe is it they just suck...so it's easy for team's to take it to them??  🤔

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Guys, we're just lucky that the rest of the CFL always plays their best game against the Riders, it makes things easier for us.

Yeah, according to the unwashed masses to the left every team gets up for and brings their A game when they play the Riders. Those games mean more than the others. I can only imagine its because every player desperately wants to play for the Riders so they want to showcase themselves for a potential trade or signing down the road. Makes sense.

9 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah i wonder why other teams play their best ball against the Riders...or so they claim on Riderfans....hahahaha....or maybe is it they just suck...so it's easy for team's to take it to them??  🤔

Just the most amazing thread ever.

Imagine it was posted here.

Edited by Geebrr

Former Alouettes running-back Éric Lapointe hasn’t given up on his desire to purchase the Canadian Football League team — although he appears to be waging a losing battle against brothers Jeffrey and Peter Lenkov.

“We care. We have a plan,” Lapointe told the Montreal Gazette Monday about his group of investors. “I’ll continue my fight until the team’s sold. We have everything.”

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/eric-lapointe-clinging-to-his-desire-to-purchase-the-alouettes#click=https://t.co/LKeXO55uzm

Not sure where to post this, here or on the recently created “Stabbing thread”. 

Anyways, on Saturday, Gainer the Gopher assaulted a stuffed Lion. He’s in trouble for inappropriate grabbing the lion between the legs and punting him. 

Even the Gopher’s a hill billy.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/saskatchewan-roughriders-mascot-gainer-the-gopher-in-hot-water-once-again-1.4518907

Edited by Rod Black

As much of a joke as that team was off the field because of his antics, the team wasnt that bad on the field despite the horrendous playbook. Had they won the last game of the year they would have qualified for the playoffs, they beat Calgary in week 2, set a rushing record in BC and humiliated Hamilton on Thanksgiving as well.