3 stars +hh on an eskie roll

wbbfan

1. Fogg - forced fumble, fumble recovery, pick 6, another 20+ return yards on Loffler's int

2. Sayles - punt block and recovery, punishing hitting for a DB

3. LB blitzes - JSK and Bighill brought the pressure on Reilly and for once he couldn't escape

HH - Peterman for the extra effort after the catch, always seems to grind out a few more tough yards with the ball in hands.

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Not to beat a dead equine - but he blitzed the MLB all of last season. 

He did send the MLB all day, but he sent him to eat up a guard/gap. He didn't send him off the edge at all etc. How many times last year did we show 7 man fronts and use cover 0? I can't say it isn't hall. This is what mos talked about at the end of last season and into this season when he talked about getting his hands dirty in the d more often though. 

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Why is it sad that our Canadian receivers were the best on the field?  I'd rather have Wolitarsky and Petermann's effort tonight than Williams. 

Both their efforts for extra yards was a thing of beauty. That is football and why I love this game. Instead of going down after a 6 yard gain, getting up and spinning the ball like you just caught the game winning TD, fight for more yards, get back to the huddle and demand the ball.

These two, with more grooming, gives us great hope for the future. 

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

HH from me to Peterman. What an effort! Took three Eskimos to take him down. Matt said before the game that Peterman reminded him of Rick House.  House and Poplawski together again!

I was thinking this same thing...  I really do think we should run 3 NI once Demski is back

I felt Lapo tried to move away from Woli in the second half and get Adams/Dressler into the game - should have just run with the hot hand

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I was thinking this same thing...  I really do think we should run 3 NI once Demski is back

I felt Lapo tried to move away from Woli in the second half and get Adams/Dressler into the game - should have just run with the hot hand

so with three NI at WR can we put another import on the O Line?

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Is it really the hot hand if Woli has been one of our most consistent receivers?

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Is it really the hot hand if Woli has been one of our most consistent receivers?

Both Wolitarski and Petermann have not only caught passes when they had to, they have punished the d-backs who try to tackle them. Now, if we only had one dominant import receiver of Duke Williams or Roosevelt caliber...

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Both Wolitarski and Petermann have not only caught passes when they had to, they have punished the d-backs who try to tackle them. Now, if we only had one dominant import receiver of Duke Williams or Roosevelt caliber...

Yes, and a QB that can get the ball to them deep and on target.

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

I was wondering during the game if Dressler wouldn't be better deployed as a DI and used in packages designed to involve him. The beating of every down football seems too much at this age, but he is still very effective with the ball in his hands. 

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

so with three NI at WR can we put another import on the O Line?

The loss of bond in the running game is pretty strong when teams play to take away the run game. Though at this point I think our best hope for any real improvement on the OL is for Gray to come home. 

Import o-lineman does nothing to make us better really....Neufeld has played just fine and at this point in season Harris has rushed for more yards already than he did last year, and we have given up less sacks...scored more points....if we are to reconfigure a DI spot on roster it would best be served to use it on a guy who is a return demon and is a threat to flip a field anytime he touches the ball...and hopefully play DB....Especially come fall football...a bigtime returner is vital

I thought that this was not the same blizting that they deployed earlier this season. 

Or, I guess, that the players weren't executing it right earlier this year. 

They were coming from all over the place. When JSK and Biggie are "on",  it is formidable. Both really athletic, fast, and strong.

Add on Nevis outstanding game, and voila!

must admit JB rules has been touting the defence for quite a while.

Richie Hall..... YAY!

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Not a ton of speed on O, we still have problems stretching the field......Nichols/ Adams blows hot and cold....and could sure use something to supplement it. 

I've been blasted here before commenting on Adams but the guy just doesn't come up with the football very often. Compare him to other team's top receivers and he is rather anemic.