LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

Biggest games of the year... couldn't be bigger for both teams right now... or bigger for this regime  

Bombers need both of these games imo - tall order

- I want to see Nichols and Streveler rotating as a 1A/1B...  that was working in the first half and then Lapo abandoned it

- Bring back the two back sets!!!  If Jones gets on a roll, Nichols confidence will absolutely be crushed...  need a big first Q from the O

- Let Bighill play MLB already... Hall's blitz D is just too predictable - luckily Sask's O sucks

- Is Ernest Jackson a trade option for the bombers? Als likely need to free up cap space ... not sure who else would be an option - receiving core is not scaring anyone

- Any other ideas?

1. Well, I'd hope they suck, but they put up 37 on CGY last week and beat BC this week.  When Collaros is healthy, he's better than Bridge.

But yes, Richie Hall should just get left in Regina after this one.  Right where he belongs.

2. I sure hope not, he was actually worse than Lankford this last game and that's saying something.

4 hours ago, pigseye said:

Likely a split but, if we lose both games schlit is going to hit the fan. Just a matter of who get's covered with it. Might be bye bye O'Shea, hello Lapo

Seems impossible but that would be one way to actually downgrade our coaching.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Unfortunately, I believe the Rider players are more passionate and excited than the “look-at-tape-then-flush” Bomber players who can’t overcome poor execution..after 10 games..

Lots of questions will be answered this weekend..

For the first time in several years, I am not looking forward to the LDC. I will watch anyways but am considering asking my waifu to take the dog over to a friend's house for three hours during the game. I may be in the market for a new TV afterwards.

Adams is a 1A or 2 on some other teams, Thompkins is ok, but does not keep DC's awake at night.  Lankford can run straight line fast and sometimes catch it - but that is it     We don't work the intermediate hooks and slants at all - most of it is a bomb or a dump/flat.  On the Canuck side - better - Wolitarsky is getting there, Petermann should be getting more reps.

I'll start by saying to any of you travelling down for the game, have a safe trip.  Secondly, I am super excited for the game. I think a split is coming in the series with us winning in Regina. The Riders are hungry right now and it is showing on the field. Bombers are reeling these last few weeks and it also shows on the field.  Bombers have a good team and no one is taking them lightly here.  Either of these teams could easily sweep the series if the other is not ready to play ball. This Rider crappy oline is a narrative getting pumped by a few fans. I would suggest looking at who has allowed the fewest sacks in the league. 2 sacks in last 4 games is pretty good in my books.  

Edited by Ripper

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well Floyd, I see other receivers make plays downfield making their qbs look good. I seldom see that from our receivers. That's the bottom line for me. I think we have the weakest group of receivers in the CFL. 

Its really inexplicable that Denmark is still sitting at home.  He's not a giant killer but he'd give us 3-4 very good games and be a red zone threat...  already has chemistry with Nichols...

Duron Carter would have been a disaster for this team - real shame Miles Whyte is not here to step in...  worried Osh will trot out Lankford as our main threat yet again next week... or an injured Dressler.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Its really inexplicable that Denmark is still sitting at home.  He's not a giant killer but he'd give us 3-4 very good games and be a red zone threat...  already has chemistry with Nichols...

Duron Carter would have been a disaster for this team - real shame Miles Whyte is not here to step in...  worried Osh will trot out Lankford as our main threat yet again next week... or an injured Dressler.

I have no doubt that O'Shea will want to field Lankford again (after all, he scored a TD last Saturday) but if O'Shea is fearing for his job, he just might start Washington.

Should be a deafening series... loudest 2 games in the CFL every year. I can't imagine MOS not starting Nichols for both these games, and it's weird that Flanders is still on your practice roster...  Not going to make any predictions cause this could easily be a sweep by either team and a split is also just as likely. Should be an entertaining couple of weeks. Safe travels this weekend ya hillbillies!☺️

9 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Should be a deafening series... loudest 2 games in the CFL every year. I can't imagine MOS not starting Nichols for both these games, and it's weird that Flanders is still on your practice roster...  Not going to make any predictions cause this could easily be a sweep by either team and a split is also just as likely. Should be an entertaining couple of weeks. Safe travels this weekend ya hillbillies!☺️

Wow, that's a bold prediction!  

10 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Always a blast and records be damned- Have fun! 

51 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What are you basing this on? You are plain making **** up now. Please stop.

The record of labour day speaks for itself. Compare the Riders overall win loss to the ldc win loss. It's a simple question of why the Riders in history have blown as an organization yet still on ldc more often than not embarrass the Bombers.